Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

This is a thread for appreciation, discussion, thunking, and 'shipping all the wonderful Tok'ra.

It is for everyone who just love our dual personality allies.

Pictures are very welcome, as are discussions of all things Tok'ra, but PLEASE this is an appreciation thread, so no Tok'ra-hate! There is enough of that in other places.

-Skadi
    Aldwin
    1.08%
    Anise/Freya
    5.38%
    Delek
    1.08%
    Garshaw of Belote/Yosuuf
    0.00%
    Jalen
    2.15%
    Jolinar of Malkshur
    3.23%
    Kanan
    1.08%
    Kelmaa
    0.00%
    Khonsu, Lord of Amon Shek
    0.00%
    Korra
    0.00%
    Lantash/Martouf
    36.56%
    Malek
    4.30%
    Ocker
    0.00%
    Per'sus
    1.08%
    Dr. Raully
    0.00%
    Ren'al
    0.00%
    Selmak/Jacob Carter
    43.01%
    Sina
    0.00%
    Ta'seem
    0.00%
    Thoran
    0.00%
    Zarin
    0.00%
    Other Tok'ra, not named
    1.08%
    Egeria
    0.00%
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Mm, I've been looking for a thread like this. I've always gotten strange looks when I've told friends that if the Stargate Program was real, the first thing I'd do would be to ask to be a Tok'ra host...I find the scenario both fascinating and appealing. Of course, it doesn't hurt that we get such wonderful characters as Martouf, Jolinar, Selmak, Garshaw, and even Anise (though annoying) isn't too bad—who wouldn't want to spend their extra-long life with such a companion? I can't remember the minor ones' names, but I just love this race to death.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Thanks for making this thread, Skadi!

I agree with MerryK - I too would want to be a Tok'ra, if given the opportunity. They are by far the most interesting race in Stargate, and I actually mostly watched SG-1 in the hope that there would be Tok'ra in the episode! There are just so many interesting characters, and the whole host/symbiote thing gave them an extra dimension that many other characters don't have. I really, really wish they would bring some Tok'ra to Atlantis!

-Snotr
      sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
      (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
      Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Hi fellow Tok'ra fans *waves*

Yes, I would sign up top be a Tok'ra, immediately They are a wonderful race, with great characters. I love most or all of them, but my favorite is Martouf/Lantash. What about the rest of you - do you have a favorite?
        sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post

Yes, I would sign up top be a Tok'ra, immediately They are a wonderful race, with great characters. I love most or all of them, but my favorite is Martouf/Lantash. What about the rest of you - do you have a favorite?
          I can't really pick favorites...I love them in different ways. I'd marry Martouf in an instant (or have him as a best friend, if I had to), but I love what little we see of Jolinar (and sort of wish she had stayed in Sam) as more of a sister or girl friend, and then Jacob is like the best uncle ever. I guess I'd pick Martouf, but really it's a tie between him and Jacob.

Comment

I like all of the Tok'ra, especially Martouf/Lantash, Jacob/Selmak, Aldwin/? (does anyone know his symbiotes name?), and Rosha/Jolinar.

If I have to pick a favorite, then it would be Martouf/Lantash (Lantash a little bit more than Martouf) - I must admit that I agree with MerryK here . I will never understand why Sam didn't do her very best to get him - he certainly seemed interested enough. I would have married him if I were her!

I really wish they would bring back Martouf/Lantash!

Regarding Jolinar - yes, I am very sorry they killed her off. I would have liked her to remain alive and in Sam. It could have been interesting, and I really did like her - and her speech to the ashrak. I found it on gatenoise.com:

Jolinar: Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra.

Impressive!

-Skadi
            sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Yes! More Tok'ra friends I love them! My favorite is Martouf and Lantash (seems to be a common opinion here - I wouldn't have turned them down either ) and I WANT THEM BACK ON STARGATE!

good quote there, Skadi. Jolinar was cool - would have liked her to live, in Sam!
              sigpic
              button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

I'm going to post a picture of Martouf/Lantash from Tokra I.

Spoiler:

This episode is one of my favorites, because that is the first time we really learn a lot about the Tok'ra, and see their tunnels. 'In the Line of Fire' may be the first episode where they are mentioned, but we didn't really learn much about them, except that there were Goa'uld's which didn't agree with the majority.
                Which episode is everyone else's favorite, and why?

-Skadi
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                  I'm going to post a picture of Martouf/Lantash from Tokra I.

Spoiler:

This episode is one of my favorites, because that is the first time we really learn a lot about the Tok'ra, and see their tunnels. 'In the Line of Fire' may be the first episode where they are mentioned, but we didn't really learn much about them, except that there were Goa'uld's which didn't agree with the majority.
                  Which episode is everyone else's favorite, and why?

-Skadi
                  Sweet picture

I like Tok'ra I & II also, and for an episode where we learn of Tok'ra, I think it is the best. I also think Jolinar's memories are good, because we learn something more about Jolinar.
                  sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Sweet picture

I like Tok'ra I & II also, and for an episode where we learn of Tok'ra, I think it is the best. I also think Jolinar's memories are good, because we learn something more about Jolinar.
                    Haha. Well, there isn't that many Tok'ra-heavy episodes, unfortunately, so I am going to pick Tok'ra I also. I actually also like the episode "Alliance"

-Snotr

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

Forgot to answer this. I like many of them, but I think I like Lantash/Martouf a bit more than the rest. I also very much like Jolinar, and Egeria of course - without whom there wouldn't be Tok'ra. I'm really impressed by her, since she chose to be different than what everyone else was. It must have been a difficult decision to make, to change so totally.

-Snotr

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

Ah, I can't choose a Tok'ra episode...I like all of them pretty much equally.

Comment

[Warning: the following post was written by a rambling idiot]

TOKRA!!!
                          I love them. But the concept about them that I love the most is the fact that they were able to overcome their evil ancestry and become greater! And I love the companionship that they have.

I know you guys probably think I'm a dweeb or something, but I make these spreadsheets to keep track of stargate characters just for fun. Here's the full Tok'ra list I made a while back that I didn't post in the H&H Tokra thread in the game section.

(Comes in 4 parts)

Spoiler:

These are EVERY Tok'ra that's been given a name (If I've missed one, please let me know!) [Except Cordesh's hosts don't have names but I have them on there anyway.]

For me it's more which Tok'ra do I NOT like! We're not going to bother with the ones without any speaking lines. I didn't really like Thoran. I don't like Delek. He was so FRUSTRATING! and he was dissin' Selmak and I can't abide that! I LOVE Selmak! He's so cool! Jacob is awesome too! So's Martouf and Lantash. I also rather like Sina, she amused me.

I liked Anise better than Freya. Probably due to her presumptuousness. Kelmaa I think was really sweet. I liked this scene:

It was a sad "Hi Mommy" scene...

I noticed in the H&H people minusing Ta'seem. I don't even remember his personality off the bat. I was just so excited to have the Tok'ra back!!

Oh yeah. And I really like Jalen. Maybe my sister and I have made her out to have more personality than she was really given... but we don't care.

Oh yeah, and Nebulan told me to say "W00t! Jalen!"

Comment

Originally posted by RogueDragon View Post

TOKRA!!!
                            I love them. But the concept about them that I love the most is the fact that they were able to overcome their evil ancestry and become greater! And I love the companionship that they have.

I know you guys probably think I'm a dweeb or something, but I make these spreadsheets to keep track of stargate characters just for fun. Here's the full Tok'ra list I made a while back that I didn't post in the H&H Tokra thread in the game section.

(Comes in 4 parts)

Spoiler:

These are EVERY Tok'ra that's been given a name (If I've missed one, please let me know!) [Except Cordesh's hosts don't have names but I have them on there anyway.]

For me it's more which Tok'ra do I NOT like! We're not going to bother with the ones without any speaking lines. I didn't really like Thoran. I don't like Delek. He was so FRUSTRATING! and he was dissin' Selmak and I can't abide that! I LOVE Selmak! He's so cool! Jacob is awesome too! So's Martouf and Lantash. I also rather like Sina, she amused me.

I liked Anise better than Freya. Probably due to her presumptuousness. Kelmaa I think was really sweet. I liked this scene:

I noticed in the H&H people minusing Ta'seem. I don't even remember his personality off the bat. I was just so excited to have the Tok'ra back!!

Oh yeah. And I really like Jalen. Maybe my sister and I have made her out to have more personality than she was really given... but we don't care.

Welcome, RogueDragon! I love your spreedsheet/picture, so much information - I already downloaded it (all 4 parts). I don't think your a dweeb or a rambling idiot, not at all. (I actually tend to ramble a bit myself )

Yes, the Tok'ra being able to overcome what they inherited from the Goa'uld is very impressive. To be able to chose to say no to power, wealth, and slaves, and start living on the run, in underground tunnels, and do all the work yourself...it is beyond impressive.

I really do like most of the Tok'ra. I think poor Kanan got confused and tried to do the right thing. He was affected by O'Neill's 'never leave anyone behind' and his own love for the slave girl. What he did was wrong, but I'm sure some of his not sharing with O'Neill also came from O'Neill's extreme hatred of the symbiotes, and him being very uncomfortable with having Kanan there. I actually wish it had turned out different, and that O'Neill would have had a great relationship with Kanan, and started to really like the Tok'ra. It would have been so much more interesting, instead of the predictable reaction we got. What a wasted opportunity!

Same goes for their killing off of so many Tok'ra, especially Martouf/Lantash and Jacob/Selmak. There is so much wonderful potential in their duality, and for these 2 (OK, 4) we really saw some interesting changes between host and symbiote. If you look at pictures of Martouf/Lantash, you can actually see who is in control, even without the sound/eye flash!

I really wish they would have continued this change between host and symbiote in the later episodes - it was only really in Tok'ra I & II and Serpents Song that we got a fair amount of it, later episodes had less and less, until it was only Jacob/Selmak who did it, and only rarely.

*sigh* I just got reminded of how much I miss the Tok'ra

-Skadi
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RogueDragon View Post

TOKRA!!!

(Comes in 4 parts)

Spoiler:

Yeah, like your list of Tok'ra, it's great!

Too bad Kelmaa didn't jump into the tank instead of committing suicide, when she gave her host to her mother, Egeria I always thought it funny that her name sounds so much like 'Calmah', which means 'child'.

I also very very much wish they would have let Egeria live. I don't understand why they showed her having survived, just to kill her again. Poor Tok'ra. I wish the universe (and the writers) would be kinder to them.
                              I am still hoping for Egeria's daughter to be found. Has anyone seen fanfic about that?

-Snotr

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

Working...
                              X