Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
    Hehe, Hathor_girl. I like your new avatar. Is it Junior?

Regarding fanfiction.net - no, I think they only accept stories that are PG-13 or lower (I think they call it M)

-Skadi
    Thanks Yes, it's Junior - that's the only Goa'uld I could find in the avatars

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
    I think M is equivalent to R? Anyway, they don't accept graphic sex, if that's what you're asking.

-Snotr
    Oh, well, thought as much.

Do anyone know if there are Tok'ra in the new movie, Continuum? Since Ba'al has messed with the time line, anyone of them could be in it, since there is no reason why any would be dead. Actually, I hope that even if they don't show up in that movie, then they could come back in a later movie or in an episode of either Atlantis or the new Universe. The reason I think that is that they apparently do not get the timeline totally back to normal - leaving open the possibility that ANYONE that is currently dead could be alive.

I'm so hoping for Martouf/Lantash to come back!
    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post

Do anyone know if there are Tok'ra in the new movie, Continuum? Since Ba'al has messed with the time line, anyone of them could be in it, since there is no reason why any would be dead. Actually, I hope that even if they don't show up in that movie, then they could come back in a later movie or in an episode of either Atlantis or the new Universe. The reason I think that is that they apparently do not get the timeline totally back to normal - leaving open the possibility that ANYONE that is currently dead could be alive.

I'm hoping that too, but I haven't heard of any Tok'ra being in the movie, so I doubt it. But, you're right, they might come back in a later movie or episode, if it's true that the timeline isn't restored.

-Snotr
      sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
      (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
      Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

I was rewatching Tok'ra I & II the other day, and I noticed something. They seem to hint that the reason they are not growing in numbers is that they have great difficulties getting voluntary hosts - not because they don't have a queen. Have they talked more about this? Do they mention having a queen somewhere? I know Egeria is killed off in 'Cure' and that they talk about being a dying race there, but isn't that a change from earlier in the show?

Another thing - Earth is promising the Tok'ra hosts in Tok'ra I & II - did anything ever come of that promise? Except for O'Neill being a short-time host?

-Skadi
        sigpic
        Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I was rewatching Tok'ra I & II the other day, and I noticed something. They seem to hint that the reason they are not growing in numbers is that they have great difficulties getting voluntary hosts - not because they don't have a queen. Have they talked more about this? Do they mention having a queen somewhere? I know Egeria is killed off in 'Cure' and that they talk about being a dying race there, but isn't that a change from earlier in the show?

Another thing - Earth is promising the Tok'ra hosts in Tok'ra I & II - did anything ever come of that promise? Except for O'Neill being a short-time host?

-Skadi
          That was what I though too after watching the Tok'ra epis - they seem to hint that they would be many more/have population growth if only they could get hosts. Of course, then the writers got into the 'Tok'ra killing spree' (tm) and wanted some more tragedy, thus deciding them to be a dying race and killing Egeria.

Regarding the hosts from Earth - no, it doesn't seem like we did follow up on our promise.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure if Earth ever really did much for the Tok'ra. Rewatching the show, it seems mostly the Tok'ra helping us (and getting hated and killed for their effort). I don't know why they didn't dump us a long time ago. We didn't share any of the technology we got from Asgard etc. with them either, despite getting Tok'ra technology from time to time. We are really sucky allies
          sigpic
          button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
            That was what I though too after watching the Tok'ra epis - they seem to hint that they would be many more/have population growth if only they could get hosts. Of course, then the writers got into the 'Tok'ra killing spree' (tm) and wanted some more tragedy, thus deciding them to be a dying race and killing Egeria.

Regarding the hosts from Earth - no, it doesn't seem like we did follow up on our promise.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure if Earth ever really did much for the Tok'ra. Rewatching the show, it seems mostly the Tok'ra helping us (and getting hated and killed for their effort). I don't know why they didn't dump us a long time ago. We didn't share any of the technology we got from Asgard etc. with them either, despite getting Tok'ra technology from time to time. We are really sucky allies
            My impression from Tok'ra 1 and 2 was that they were decreasing in numbers because of lack of hosts, but not that they would increase with hosts, just keep their numbers. As for hosts from earth, just because we didn't see anyone doesn't mean there weren't any. I'm sure plenty of base personnel had dying family members, some of whom would be willing to be hosts. But other than that, yeah, we weren't the best allies, though that is what the Tok'ra said would be the case...but when it comes to technology, didn't the Tok'ra say they only dealt with their own technology, to separate themselves from the scavenger Goa'uld?

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I've read your story (no Mary Sues in it that I could detect), and I think it was great! Thank you for having lots of Tok'ra in the story, and letting O'Neill learn a bit about them, and he even realises that they are good guys (at least he admits some of them are). I hope the Tok'ra are allowd to stay on the base, in the tunnels they built. It would be good for Tau'ri-Tok'ra relations.

I also read your story 'Minor Difficulties' - it was fun! Have you considered writing a sequel to it?

-Skadi
              lol, thanks. Yeah, if I write a sequel, Teal'c will get de-aged and stay that way, he keeps loosing too many years!

nebulan, how do one join your Tok'ra/Goa'uld club on deviantart? Do I have to have a deviantart account?

-Skadi
              alas, yes

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post

According to this article: http://gateworld.net/movies/03.shtml YES! The Tok'ra WILL be back

And WHO? I have a guess about one character: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0932079/ (yes, granted, it say she's plays an "officer" but still, it'd be cool if she came back as her original character and not as another recycled stargate actor)

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                According to this article: http://gateworld.net/movies/03.shtml YES! The Tok'ra WILL be back

And WHO? I have a guess about one character: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0932079/ (yes, granted, it say she's plays an "officer" but still, it'd be cool if she came back as her original character and not as another recycled stargate actor)
                Squee! What fun! Besides, in an alternate timeline where Vala is Quetesh, they'd have to have the Tok'ra around. Too bad we probably won't see Martouf or Selmak, but hopefully some other ones we know. Or new ones, that'd be great too.

Comment

Great! Tok'ra again. I'm so happy

I do still desperately wish for Martouf and Lantash back in Stargate
                  sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

lol, thanks. Yeah, if I write a sequel, Teal'c will get de-aged and stay that way, he keeps loosing too many years!

alas, yes

Yes! TOK'RA! *dances around happily* I've missed them - a lot.

I looked at the picture on imdb - she played a Tok'ra...Jalen (sp?), was that not her name? Or what? (I'm really horrible at recognizing people).

Maybe it's possible to do a 'bring back Martouf/Lantash (and all our other wonderful Tok'ra)' thread or campaing? I've seen some for Weir and Carson, and the latter seem to have worked. Does anyone know how to do a campaign? Collecting signatures online or what is done?

-Snotr
                    sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                    (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                    Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Yes, that's good news, nebulan.

Snotr, I don't know how to do such campaigns other than I have seen some online sites where you can make a petition and then send the results (peoples signatures) to whomever is responsible for the show. I think some of the sites will send it to the makers of Stargate (or whatever) for a sum of money.

If you or anyone else want to do it, then I'm in - I'll sign it.

-Skadi
                      sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I really love the Tok'ra, I've never really seen any bad in them, plus they really put in an effort to put up with the Tau'ri and help as well as protect them.

I think if Earth wasn't so, tell us when, where, why all of you are at every second the Goa'uld would have been defeated sooner.

My favorite Tok'ra is Malak, I really like his character and he was up for changing his sight of the Jaffa in less than a day. Plus there was just something about him. I wish they would have kept up with him.
                        Last edited by Tiger; 07 March 2008, 12:06 PM.
                        O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Hey, did you all know that Martouf was supposed to have been revived by the Tok'ra after Divide and Conquer for the episodes Summit and Last Stand, but JR Bourne had scheduling issues, so they made it so that only Lantash survived (to take Lt. Elliot). How sad...

Comment

Ah that sucks, I really liked him. Atleast they tried.
                            How'd you come across that info?
                            O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                              Ah that sucks, I really liked him. Atleast they tried.
                              How'd you come across that info?
                              It was referenced in the Stargate Wiki under the episode production notes.

Comment

*snif* I really, really wish they would have postponed the episode then, or tried again to bring Martouf/Lantash back later - it is sci-fi, after all, and I have seen lots of characters brought back from much worse in any number of shows.

Of course - I also wish they wouldn't have killed them in the first place. I have read it was because they believed Martouf/Lantash had no fans and it would thus be a 'safe' person to kill. It turned out they were wrong, and that was why they considered bringing them back.

Tiger - WELCOME to the Tok'ra appreciation thread.

-Skadi
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X