View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Tok'ra?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aldwin

1 1.09%
  • Anise/Freya

5 5.43%
  • Delek

1 1.09%
  • Garshaw of Belote/Yosuuf

0 0%
  • Jalen

2 2.17%
  • Jolinar of Malkshur

3 3.26%
  • Kanan

1 1.09%
  • Kelmaa

0 0%
  • Khonsu, Lord of Amon Shek

0 0%
  • Korra

0 0%
  • Lantash/Martouf

34 36.96%
  • Malek

4 4.35%
  • Ocker

0 0%
  • Per'sus

1 1.09%
  • Dr. Raully

0 0%
  • Ren'al

0 0%
  • Selmak/Jacob Carter

39 42.39%
  • Sina

0 0%
  • Ta'seem

0 0%
  • Thoran

0 0%
  • Zarin

0 0%
  • Other Tok'ra, not named

1 1.09%
  • Egeria

0 0%
Page 2 of 140 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
    An AU where Martouf/Lantash is alive and with Sam

Default Re: The Tok'ra appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by nebulan View Post
    Jalen w000tt!!

(for size)
    Spoiler:

that and Tok'ra know how to make really cool caves...

RogueDragon and I wrote a story once about a group of Tok'ra (led by Jalen) took refuge at the SGC and ended up making some tunnels into the mountain for them *snort*
    That would be great for SGC - they would get cool tunnels. I would like to read that story? Do you have it archived somewhere?

I think I once read a fanfic where the Tok'ra came and lived on SGC, because they found out that the 'protected planet's treaty' didn't forbid it and then actually protected them too. I think they got their own network of tunnels linked to the SGC. That was kind of a cool idea!

-Skadi

Quote Originally Posted by Skadi View Post
    That would be great for SGC - they would get cool tunnels. I would like to read that story? Do you have it archived somewhere?

I think I once read a fanfic where the Tok'ra came and lived on SGC, because they found out that the 'protected planet's treaty' didn't forbid it and then actually protected them too. I think they got their own network of tunnels linked to the SGC. That was kind of a cool idea!

-Skadi
    There's some page http://tokra.fandomnet.com/ but I don't know much about it. I just linked it from my deviantart goauld/tokra fanclub I made (hehe) http://snakeheads.deviantart.com/

hmmm.... I wonder if we still have it. I think it takes place before the second half of season 8 (or at least that's when we wrote it) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2871131/1/2005 it's a Janet centric story with a little Daniel/Janet at the end. And we're not really great readers, I haven't read it in a long time, I dont remember if it's any good so beware sappiness.

RogueDragon and I were talking about if we ever made MarySue's for ourselves, RD's would be a half human half hebridan tokra and mine would be a wimpy SGC techy who joined the tokra just cuz she thought being a host would be cool (lol!) I can't remember if that marysue makes an appearance in this story or if we did take it out because it was dorky... it's probably still in there *face!palm*

There's some page http://tokra.fandomnet.com/ but I don't know much about it. I just linked it from my deviantart goauld/tokra fanclub I made (hehe) http://snakeheads.deviantart.com/

hmmm.... I wonder if we still have it. I think it takes place before the second half of season 8 (or at least that's when we wrote it) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2871131/1/2005 it's a Janet centric story with a little Daniel/Janet at the end. And we're not really great readers, I haven't read it in a long time, I dont remember if it's any good so beware sappiness.

RogueDragon and I were talking about if we ever made MarySue's for ourselves, RD's would be a half human half hebridan tokra and mine would be a wimpy SGC techy who joined the tokra just cuz she thought being a host would be cool (lol!) I can't remember if that marysue makes an appearance in this story or if we did take it out because it was dorky... it's probably still in there *face!palm*
    I like your Goa'uld/Tok'ra fanclub page - it's very nice

Regarding the http://tokra.fandomnet.com/ (Symbiotica), since it says somewhere that it is an archive of 'the Tok'ra Resisance', I'm guessing the stories there (quite a lot of them - and all Tok'ra related) are from a mailinglist/yahoo group or something.

I'm going to read your story on fanfiction.net, don't worry about any Mary Sue's - I don't. I've read good stories that had obvious Mary Sues.

-Skadi

I've read your story (no Mary Sues in it that I could detect), and I think it was great! Thank you for having lots of Tok'ra in the story, and letting O'Neill learn a bit about them, and he even realises that they are good guys (at least he admits some of them are). I hope the Tok'ra are allowd to stay on the base, in the tunnels they built. It would be good for Tau'ri-Tok'ra relations.

I also read your story 'Minor Difficulties' - it was fun! Have you considered writing a sequel to it?

-Skadi

I've read it also now - it's good. Lots of nice Tok'ra and a lesson to Jack. I'm happy there was volunteers to be Tok'ra! I would also have volunteered

-Snotr

nebulan, how do one join your Tok'ra/Goa'uld club on deviantart? Do I have to have a deviantart account?

-Skadi

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJanson View Post
    I have spent a couple of hours sniffing around fanfiction.net (no one else in university library, so I can use the machine as long as I want to - YEAH!).

I actually found a few dealing either with Egeria's daughter, or with Egeria herself. I am also guessing Symbiotica has some, but I don't remember the address for that site right now - the link is either in the Sam/Martouf/Lantash ship thread or in the Jr. Bourne/Martouf thunk thread.

The stories I found are (I'm guessing I'm sorta giving away some of the plot by listing them as Tok'ra queen stories, but...):

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3441842/1/Family_Reunion
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4010705/1/Changes
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2889983/..._Destiny_Leads
    Found the link for Symbiotica, it's http://69.80.208.157/fandomnet/tokra/fic2/
    Wonderful links, CapnJanson. THANKS. Loved the 'Tok'ra queen' ones. There actually was 'another' version of 'Where Destiny Leads', on the Symbiotica link. It was the full version (with higher-rated scenes), but otherwise the same as the one on fanfiction.net. They are not allowed to do higher than PG-13? or what?

Great webpage - and neat story. You should write some more.

Hehe, Hathor_girl. I like your new avatar. Is it Junior?

Regarding fanfiction.net - no, I think they only accept stories that are PG-13 or lower (I think they call it M)

-Skadi

Regarding fanfiction.net - no, I think they only accept stories that are PG-13 or lower (I think they call it M)

-Skadi
    I think M is equivalent to R? Anyway, they don't accept graphic sex, if that's what you're asking.

-Snotr

Didn't they once, though? Accept higher rated stories, I mean. Me thinks I saw some once?

Cool webpage, nebulan!

-Skadi
    Thanks Yes, it's Junior - that's the only Goa'uld I could find in the avatars

Quote Originally Posted by Snotr View Post
    I think M is equivalent to R? Anyway, they don't accept graphic sex, if that's what you're asking.

-Snotr
    Oh, well, thought as much.

Do anyone know if there are Tok'ra in the new movie, Continuum? Since Ba'al has messed with the time line, anyone of them could be in it, since there is no reason why any would be dead. Actually, I hope that even if they don't show up in that movie, then they could come back in a later movie or in an episode of either Atlantis or the new Universe. The reason I think that is that they apparently do not get the timeline totally back to normal - leaving open the possibility that ANYONE that is currently dead could be alive.

I'm so hoping for Martouf/Lantash to come back!

Quote Originally Posted by Hathor_girl View Post

Do anyone know if there are Tok'ra in the new movie, Continuum? Since Ba'al has messed with the time line, anyone of them could be in it, since there is no reason why any would be dead. Actually, I hope that even if they don't show up in that movie, then they could come back in a later movie or in an episode of either Atlantis or the new Universe. The reason I think that is that they apparently do not get the timeline totally back to normal - leaving open the possibility that ANYONE that is currently dead could be alive.

I'm hoping that too, but I haven't heard of any Tok'ra being in the movie, so I doubt it. But, you're right, they might come back in a later movie or episode, if it's true that the timeline isn't restored.

-Snotr

Heart Re: The Tok'ra appreciation thread

I was rewatching Tok'ra I & II the other day, and I noticed something. They seem to hint that the reason they are not growing in numbers is that they have great difficulties getting voluntary hosts - not because they don't have a queen. Have they talked more about this? Do they mention having a queen somewhere? I know Egeria is killed off in 'Cure' and that they talk about being a dying race there, but isn't that a change from earlier in the show?

Another thing - Earth is promising the Tok'ra hosts in Tok'ra I & II - did anything ever come of that promise? Except for O'Neill being a short-time host?

-Skadi

I was rewatching Tok'ra I & II the other day, and I noticed something. They seem to hint that the reason they are not growing in numbers is that they have great difficulties getting voluntary hosts - not because they don't have a queen. Have they talked more about this? Do they mention having a queen somewhere? I know Egeria is killed off in 'Cure' and that they talk about being a dying race there, but isn't that a change from earlier in the show?

Another thing - Earth is promising the Tok'ra hosts in Tok'ra I & II - did anything ever come of that promise? Except for O'Neill being a short-time host?

-Skadi
    That was what I though too after watching the Tok'ra epis - they seem to hint that they would be many more/have population growth if only they could get hosts. Of course, then the writers got into the 'Tok'ra killing spree' (tm) and wanted some more tragedy, thus deciding them to be a dying race and killing Egeria.

Regarding the hosts from Earth - no, it doesn't seem like we did follow up on our promise.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure if Earth ever really did much for the Tok'ra. Rewatching the show, it seems mostly the Tok'ra helping us (and getting hated and killed for their effort). I don't know why they didn't dump us a long time ago. We didn't share any of the technology we got from Asgard etc. with them either, despite getting Tok'ra technology from time to time. We are really sucky allies

That was what I though too after watching the Tok'ra epis - they seem to hint that they would be many more/have population growth if only they could get hosts. Of course, then the writers got into the 'Tok'ra killing spree' (tm) and wanted some more tragedy, thus deciding them to be a dying race and killing Egeria.

Regarding the hosts from Earth - no, it doesn't seem like we did follow up on our promise.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure if Earth ever really did much for the Tok'ra. Rewatching the show, it seems mostly the Tok'ra helping us (and getting hated and killed for their effort). I don't know why they didn't dump us a long time ago. We didn't share any of the technology we got from Asgard etc. with them either, despite getting Tok'ra technology from time to time. We are really sucky allies
    My impression from Tok'ra 1 and 2 was that they were decreasing in numbers because of lack of hosts, but not that they would increase with hosts, just keep their numbers. As for hosts from earth, just because we didn't see anyone doesn't mean there weren't any. I'm sure plenty of base personnel had dying family members, some of whom would be willing to be hosts. But other than that, yeah, we weren't the best allies, though that is what the Tok'ra said would be the case...but when it comes to technology, didn't the Tok'ra say they only dealt with their own technology, to separate themselves from the scavenger Goa'uld?

I've read your story (no Mary Sues in it that I could detect), and I think it was great! Thank you for having lots of Tok'ra in the story, and letting O'Neill learn a bit about them, and he even realises that they are good guys (at least he admits some of them are). I hope the Tok'ra are allowd to stay on the base, in the tunnels they built. It would be good for Tau'ri-Tok'ra relations.

I also read your story 'Minor Difficulties' - it was fun! Have you considered writing a sequel to it?

-Skadi
    lol, thanks. Yeah, if I write a sequel, Teal'c will get de-aged and stay that way, he keeps loosing too many years!

nebulan, how do one join your Tok'ra/Goa'uld club on deviantart? Do I have to have a deviantart account?

-Skadi
    alas, yes

Quote Originally Posted by Hathor_girl View Post

According to this article: http://gateworld.net/movies/03.shtml YES! The Tok'ra WILL be back

And WHO? I have a guess about one character: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0932079/ (yes, granted, it say she's plays an "officer" but still, it'd be cool if she came back as her original character and not as another recycled stargate actor)

According to this article: http://gateworld.net/movies/03.shtml YES! The Tok'ra WILL be back

And WHO? I have a guess about one character: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0932079/ (yes, granted, it say she's plays an "officer" but still, it'd be cool if she came back as her original character and not as another recycled stargate actor)
    Squee! What fun! Besides, in an alternate timeline where Vala is Quetesh, they'd have to have the Tok'ra around. Too bad we probably won't see Martouf or Selmak, but hopefully some other ones we know. Or new ones, that'd be great too.

Great! Tok'ra again. I'm so happy

I do still desperately wish for Martouf and Lantash back in Stargate

Heart Re: The Tok'ra appreciation thread

lol, thanks. Yeah, if I write a sequel, Teal'c will get de-aged and stay that way, he keeps loosing too many years!

alas, yes

Yes! TOK'RA! *dances around happily* I've missed them - a lot.

I looked at the picture on imdb - she played a Tok'ra...Jalen (sp?), was that not her name? Or what? (I'm really horrible at recognizing people).

Maybe it's possible to do a 'bring back Martouf/Lantash (and all our other wonderful Tok'ra)' thread or campaing? I've seen some for Weir and Carson, and the latter seem to have worked. Does anyone know how to do a campaign? Collecting signatures online or what is done?

-Snotr

Yes, that's good news, nebulan.

Snotr, I don't know how to do such campaigns other than I have seen some online sites where you can make a petition and then send the results (peoples signatures) to whomever is responsible for the show. I think some of the sites will send it to the makers of Stargate (or whatever) for a sum of money.

If you or anyone else want to do it, then I'm in - I'll sign it.

-Skadi