This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate 2020

I haven't posted a new thread in a while so if I have broken any rules or put this in the wrong area, feel free to handle appropriately.

That being said, my having just watched the episode "2010" got me wondering, what will the Stargate universe will be like in 12 years. If you look at our world at the time of Stargate the movie vs our world now (12 years later in the SG universe), A LOT has changed! How much more so will things be different in 2020?

How will Stargate command change?
    Will it be it's own, mulit-national (I.O.A), multi-world (Tok'ra, Jaffa, Ronin, Teyla, etc...) service branch, independent of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard?

How will government change?
    I don't think that we would cease to be a world of nations but I would imagine that there would be a more centralized, United Nations type organization that would handle the galactic political landscape.

Would Earth be the head of or at least part of a "Federation" of worlds?
    (sorry to drag Star Trek into the much better Stargate universe)

Would the Stargate be public knowledge and there be a "Stargate Terminal" like in the episode "2010" with off-world travel common for everyone?

Would we have cruise ships for recreational travel?

How big would our fleet of war ships be in another 12 years and how might they change?

How might our SG teams be different?
    Different uniforms (modified Kull warrior armor), different personal weapons (wraith stunners, plasma rifles, etc...)?

How might our manufacturing capabilities change with the addition of Asgard tech?

You get the idea.

I would like to keep this constrained with the following rule:

**It can only include info and tech from Stargate the Movie, SG-1 (all seasons), Ark of Truth, Continuum and Atlantis (seasons 1-4).**
    sigpic

Okay, here goes.
    Originally posted by Seperated@Birth? View Post
    Will it be it's own, mulit-national (I.O.A), multi-world (Tok'ra, Jaffa, Ronin, Teyla, etc...) service branch, independent of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard?
    I doubt it would be muli-world, Earth is out to look after its self. The Tok'ra and the Jaffa have their own Stargates (more than our 1 . . .or 2 or something) I don't think that we would be able to make that sort of leep to cooperation in 12 years

I don't think that we would cease to be a world of nations but I would imagine that there would be a more centralized, United Nations type organization that would handle the galactic political landscape.
    In twelve years doubt that the world could become uninational, but you never know, there could be some form of revolution that would cause the uniting of all contries or the extermination of all but one. It would be more likly that the world would become united nations centred.

again, twelve years is a surprisingly short amount of time. I don't think that we would be "federated" with other planets. There may be planets that we have as very close alies and that we cooperate with on many missions. I also think that we may have a hand full of off world colonies, a few families on each, the begining of us reaching out into the universe.

Would the Stargate be public knowledge and there be a "Stargate Terminal" like in the episode "2010" with off-world travel common for everyone?
    If there was a massive revolution that made the world uninational I think it would be public knowlage. If not, I really do dount it. In either case I don't think there would be a terminal, who would let a bunch of tourists with shorts, long socks, cameras and bad tans out into the galexy to cause some massive misunderstanding.

Maybe, really don't know on this one

How big would our fleet of war ships be in another 12 years and how might they change?
    In about two years we've made four, one is gone, that's three.
    two a year for say four years is eight
    three for another four years tweelve
    four for another four years is sixteen
    altogether that's 35. That's if there are no problems with resorces and no more get blown up.

Different uniforms (modified Kull warrior armor), different personal weapons (wraith stunners, plasma rifles, etc...)?
    The wepons would change and so would the uniforms, but nothing quite as form fitting as the kull worrior out fit, we do have a reputation to uphold in the galexy you know.

How might our manufacturing capabilities change with the addition of Asgard tech?
    Well it would be intigrated into all of the ships and it would be used in a lot of new technologies that would be developed.
    Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by ebethman
    Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
    Originally posted by Bray
    *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

I haven't posted a new thread in a while so if I have broken any rules or put this in the wrong area, feel free to handle appropriately.

That being said, my having just watched the episode "2010" got me wondering, what will the Stargate universe will be like in 12 years. If you look at our world at the time of Stargate the movie vs our world now (12 years later in the SG universe), A LOT has changed! How much more so will things be different in 2020?

well, i think we will have some interplanetary refugees in a little higher positions than now and have less powerfull people in the marine

i think the northern half of the globe would gain much more power than the southern, knowing of stargate technology, meaning the stronger countries would get stronger and weaker countries get weaker all the time, i also think the stargate problem would have gotten out

We have too many enemies for that, if we, the tok'ra and the jaffa unite, too many other people will unite, probably led by the Aschen, meaning a galactic war

not probably, read the above, too many off-world enemies, maybe the nox would allow a few visitors, and maybe a jaffa planet, but the rest are too militairised to allow tourists

no, too expensive and unsafe

depends on many factors, such as;
      -extra time needed to install new asgard stuff
      -program coming out, so able to build big shipyards
      -funding changes
      -earth getting bombarded
      -war between countries on earth

probably traveler guns and goa'uld healing devices, and maybe a weak shielding device, not much because of the time to create a facility to produce such things, really depends on when the program comes out

[QUOTE=Seperated@Birth?;7805679]
      [QUOTE]

well, i think the asgard beam isnt as good as we think, and needs some basic parts for production

You get the idea.

I would like to keep this constrained with the following rule:

Comment

I found a similar thread that I missed when I set this one up...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=42698
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X