Wraith treaty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith treaty?

If Michael has somehow found an alternative food source for wraith and it was used by all wraith, should that pave the way for Humans and Wraith to form an alliance?? Technologically a lot could be gained by The Atlantis expedition.

Is Michael 100% wraith? What works for him likely would not work for the rest of the wraith. Would they be willing to undergo what he's been through? Not likely.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure about an alliance, but a non-aggression treaty would be a possibility, but there would have to be a requirement that the Wraith would police their own members to insure that there are no further cullings.

Any one culling that went unanswered by the Wraith leadership would be grounds for open warfare.

No Earth or Ancient technology should be allowed to be exchanged.

Comment

Thing is, Michael really isn't Wraith anymore...plus, he plans on taking over the galaxy. So, not sure a treaty could be made with Michael. Not sure the other Wraith will like Michael's 'alternative' because it means being stripped of what makes them Wraith (appearance, feeding). Perhaps a treaty between Todd's hive and the Lanteans (don't feed on us or our known allies type thing)...IF Todd can keep from losing his hive like he has in the past. He has about the same luck as Sheppard when it comes to hive ships...and ZPMs...

das
        sigpic

Comment

Micheal is hell bent on his Dr. Evil plan. He is all out on make "them suffer for what they did to me.""and since I'm no longer a Wraith they will pay too." nuff said.

LS

Comment

i think michael has made himself and his new species immune to feeding, if he did and he immuninizes the entire human population he may have a cure in mind that may allow the wraith to feed on the resistant humans and use that as a trading tool or a power tool over the rest of the wraith.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I just had a thought. If we perfected the retrovirus and turned Todd human, nothing could stop us. EVER. McKay would be forever shamed as runner up.

Comment

Originally posted by Malakriss View Post
                I just had a thought. If we perfected the retrovirus and turned Todd human, nothing could stop us. EVER. McKay would be forever shamed as runner up.
                Why WASTE a perfectly good character like that?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Malakriss
                  Can't really turn Todd human because the same actor who plays Todd played Halling in the first season, and that would be kinda confusing to viewers who don't visit sites like this and know this stuff. *Poof - Todd turns human* Viewing Audience: "Wait! Halling was a WRAITH??!" See...would confuse people.

I want Todd to remain as is. A hungry Wraith who controls his appetite in order to be able to work with the Lanteans.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                    Can't really turn Todd human because the same actor who plays Todd played Halling in the first season, and that would be kinda confusing to viewers who don't visit sites like this and know this stuff. *Poof - Todd turns human* Viewing Audience: "Wait! Halling was a WRAITH??!" See...would confuse people.

I want Todd to remain as is. A hungry Wraith who controls his appetite in order to be able to work with the Lanteans.

das

agreed

however it would be interesting to have another wraith volunteer for the treatment, perhaps a female...I can't remember the name of the episode where that happened but it didn't go well, but if the procedure was perfected and done on base..etc.. it could prove to be interesting, and allow for a new character in say a few episodes of the season. maybe not a brilliant scientist wraith but knowledgable enough to give us a helping hand once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
                      If Michael has somehow found an alternative food source for wraith and it was used by all wraith, should that pave the way for Humans and Wraith to form an alliance?? Technologically a lot could be gained by The Atlantis expedition.
                      IF the Wraith were willing to cease feeding, it would certainly make human-Wraith co-existence a lot easier. There has been a lot of discussion of this very topic on a couple of other Wraith-oriented threads. I'm not sure an alliance is a likely, unless there is a mutual threat such as the return of the replicators or some other force that threatens the whole Pegasus Galaxy.

If by "alternative food source" you refer to Michael's revelation to Teyla in Kindred I, I'm not sure that is a viable option. There are a lot of unanswered questions regarding Michael's new and improved retrovirus.
                      Spoiler:
                      The most significant one that comes to mind -- if Michael no longer feeds, is he still going to be able to regenerate? Is he still virtually immortal?
                      If the retrovirus takes away their ability to regenerate and their immortality, the Wraith are very unlikely to accept it. Would you?

Michael is certainly not Wraith any more. He has altered his DNA to the point where he has lost the feeding apparatus in his hand.

But I agree with das. The Wraith should not lose their hunger. And I don't think they would really want to.
                      Last edited by Sparrow_hawk; 27 February 2008, 07:29 PM. Reason: One more thing AND a typo
                      Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X