Teal'c v Ronan (Midway Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'c v Ronan (Midway Spoilers)

Ok yes i know this has been done before..

but this time i would like a poll added, please please please

We saw in midway that ronan and teal'c fought for an hour and all they got was a sweat and some blood on ronan. If the fight where to continue uninterrupted... who would be the winner??

Teal'c?
    Ronan?

I choose teal'c

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever
    to the blinder critics and philosophisers of today, but the core of science fiction,
    its essence has become crutial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

After ten years of SG1, I am inclined to go with Teal'c. Even though he tips the scales at over 150 years of age and no longer carrying Jr., he has the skills and the patience to wait for his moment.
    sigpic

Comment

Teal'cs a trained killing machine (he used to be first prime) and has served with SG-1 for ten years. Ronon is a shaved gorilla... Logically Teal'c should have killed him in one...
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I say tealc but ronan is no pushover i do think that in midway they dodge the issue who would win but people would be disappointed if either of them lost
        sigpic
        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
        Metal gear fan

Comment

Teal'c definitely.
          sigpic

Comment

Indeed! Logically Ronan would not stand a chance against Teal'c. TPTB just didn't want either to win to dissapoint. But yeah Teal'c as said earlier is a trained killing machine and has been good at what he does for a 157 years. Not that ronan is not a killing machine of course but theres a difference between a 30-40 year old best-man in a military of a backwater planet and a man who has proven himself enough to attain the highest rank attainable from nearly a century of service to a galaxy wide empire of pure bread warriors. Not to mention that he has enhanced strength, regeneration and even memory (good for training) than any ordinary human.

Comment

Logically Teal'c wouldn't stand a chance against Ronon, he's old and slow, even if he were more highly trained (I don't think he is), it wouldn't be enough to make up for that.

Comment

What makes you think Teal'c is less trained than Ronan? And being old doesn't mean the same for a jaffa his age. He still retains strength and speed and at the same time retains knowledge far better than a human brain. Just cos he was called old and slow by an enemy whod shot him twice in the shoulders with a staff weapon back in 'Tailion' doesn't mean that he is from our standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Pasankoon View Post
                  What makes you think Teal'c is less trained than Ronan? And being old doesn't mean the same for a jaffa his age. He still retains strength and speed and at the same time retains knowledge far better than a human brain. Just cos he was called old and slow by an enemy whod shot him twice in the shoulders with a staff weapon back in 'Tailion' doesn't mean that he is from our standpoint.
                  All speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by josh
                    Ok yes i know this has been done before..

but this time i would like a poll added, please please please

We saw in midway that ronan and teal'c fought for an hour and all they got was a sweat and some blood on ronan. If the fight where to continue uninterrupted... who would be the winner??

Teal'c?
                    Ronan?

I choose teal'c
                    yes, all of this has been said before, all of this will be said again...

...but heck - logically Ronon wouldn't stand a chance if Teal'c really wanted to win
                    Teal'c KOs Ronon then plays a victory guitar ballad with his dreadlocks

Comment

Considering that the fight lasted more than an hour and that Ronon definitely wanted Teal'c down, I'd go for the Jaffa. Teal'c wasn't there to humiliate Ronon and so contained his assaults without trying to inflinct him a K.O. while Ronon probably tried the opposite. And who succeeded ?

Comment

Originally posted by Oulak View Post
                        Considering that the fight lasted more than an hour and that Ronon definitely wanted Teal'c down, I'd go for the Jaffa. Teal'c wasn't there to humiliate Ronon and so contained his assaults without trying to inflinct him a K.O. while Ronon probably tried the opposite. And who succeeded ?

Excelent point.

On the question:

Teal'c !!

No doubt about that, Teal'c can kick Ronon all the way to the Milky Way Galaxie and back to the Pegasus Galaxie
                        sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Galaxy.

Comment

Who would win is much less significant to me that the boatload of "stupid" the writers dumped on the whole affair. If Ronan is really a trained military man...and a true warrior...then that arrogant little pouty earth-like-teenager crap wouldn't have been part of the mix at all. He's made to look like an absolute idiot....bossing teal'c around at SGC...give me a break!!..."you go this way..I'll go that way"..."ah I know you've been in countless battles right here in this facility...and you've been a warrior for 100 years longer than I've been alive...but "you go this way...I'll go that way"....really poor....just flat stupid and thoughtless writing.

I finally forgave TPTB for getting rid of the Asgard...it took a long time...but this is un-forgiveable...IMO, Teal'c was sent away from our lives with his tail between his legs...and Ronan was made to look like a brainless twit from a street gang...with none of the honor or respect that a true warrior and soldier should posess.

Comment

Working...
                            X