Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1. #1
    Lieutenant Colonel reddevil18's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    46°55'52"N 26°21'40"E, Earth
    Posts
    3,915

    Talking What if Carson becomes a villain?

    Okay, not sure if this has been talked about so...bare with me.
    Okay, we'll soon know the truth, but speculating is so damn fun...
    Let's say the Carson they recovered is a clone. Let's say Michael got DNA samples from him in "Misbegotten" and later cloned him. Now, he is "back" on Atlantis. The team eventually learns that he's a clone. They want him back, but they can't really trust him. He DID work with Michael - what if his genetic code had been manipulated in such a way that he has to obey Michael? They can't let him do whatever he wants. So, Carson takes off, in similar fashion to Ford...
    He feels betrayed, he doesn't know where he belongs, blah blah blah. He becomes bad, or...semi-bad...
    Thus, he becomes a recurring villain. I mean, he'll be back for a few episodes next season, but we don't know in what capacity he'll be back. How 'bout renegade Carson?
    Okay...*puts on fire resistant suit* Flame away...

  2. #2
    Colonel nx01a's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Atlantus Outpost
    Posts
    7,297

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    Heck, I'd love it. Let Paul stretch his acting muscles a bit more than as the doc everyone loves. Or the first modern idiot to walk through the Stargate.

    What I'd prefer is just to see the discomfort others have with him, not knowing if he's really evil or even the real Carson. How would his personality change when his friends start distancing themselves? What would the IOA/SGC make him go through to prove he's not a traitor? What about his guilt over the Hoffan drug and the deaths he's been a part of causing?

    With Woolsey joining next season, can we really stand having 3 Doctors everyone loves on one station?

  3. #3
    Lieutenant Colonel reddevil18's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    46°55'52"N 26°21'40"E, Earth
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    What I'd prefer is just to see the discomfort others have with him, not knowing if he's really evil or even the real Carson. How would his personality change when his friends start distancing themselves? What would the IOA/SGC make him go through to prove he's not a traitor? What about his guilt over the Hoffan drug and the deaths he's been a part of causing?
    Oh, definately. And what I'm suggesting is that he doesn't take all that very well, ESPECIALLY if he turns out to not be the real Carson...
    With Woolsey joining next season, can we really stand having 3 Doctors everyone loves on one station?

  4. #4
    Lieutenant Colonel AGateFan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    I dont really exist
    Posts
    4,446

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    I say boo.
    Plus like you alread said it was done with Ford. Perhaps it was to be done with Weir.... Wait to I see a trend here. WTH is up with all these SGA characters getting "killed off" just so they can come back as villians? What is this WWF? Hes a good guy, now hes a bad guy, now hes a good guy again......
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

    ^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

    AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

  5. #5
    Lieutenant Colonel reddevil18's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    46°55'52"N 26°21'40"E, Earth
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGateFan View Post
    I say boo.
    Plus like you alread said it was done with Ford. Perhaps it was to be done with Weir.... Wait to I see a trend here. WTH is up with all these SGA characters getting "killed off" just so they can come back as villians? What is this WWF? Hes a good guy, now hes a bad guy, now hes a good guy again......
    Well, Ford was never a "bad guy". And we'll never know about Weir. Perhaps Carson could TRULY become evil. Kill Teyla's kid, kill Michael, marry Todd, rule the galaxy! And we'd have a bad guy with a SCOTTISH accent! Think about it, man! None of the english accent bad guys crap here! It's all about the Scotts!!!

  6. #6
    Colonel nx01a's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Atlantus Outpost
    Posts
    7,297

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    There's a small yet vocal [how do they spell it?] Gaith movement that would take issue with your 'marry Todd' comment as a sign of Carson's evill. I trust you mean that he aligns himself with evil. Intimately.

  7. #7
    Lieutenant Colonel reddevil18's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    46°55'52"N 26°21'40"E, Earth
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    There's a small yet vocal [how do they spell it?] Gaith movement that would take issue with your 'marry Todd' comment as a sign of Carson's evill. I trust you mean that he aligns himself with evil. Intimately.

  8. #8

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    Carson a villian, now that would be so unexpected.

    Hell yeah!

    I can just picture it! LOL.

  9. #9
    Major General Willow'sCat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,223

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    Becomes a villian? He already is in my mind. He is the one person who could have stopped all this but no he goes on with his evil experiments and now we have Michael.... Vllian? he is already there.

  10. #10
    Lieutenant Colonel reddevil18's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    46°55'52"N 26°21'40"E, Earth
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    Becomes a villian? He already is in my mind. He is the one person who could have stopped all this but no he goes on with his evil experiments and now we have Michael.... Vllian? he is already there.
    Well, that's one way of looking at it. So, you wouldn't mind if he kills Teyla's kid and makes me a happy man, would you?

  11. #11
    Staff Sergeant Charon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    That's just what the Pegasus galaxy needs: An Evil Scott.

  12. #12

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    Unless the Carson that died in 'Sunday' was actually the clone, and this is the real Carson.

  13. #13
    Lieutenant General Briangate78's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,967

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    If they make Carson a villian, that will ruin the show, imo. It will tick off the Carson fans who love this character for his big heart. They will take something so pure and totally ruin it. I don't think they would do that to the character, especially when Paul McGillion said him returning was clever and the Save Carson Beckett fans will be very happy. I don't think they would be too kind to an evil Carson.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

  14. #14
    First Lieutenant The.Road.Not.Taken's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    521

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    If they make Carson a villian, that will ruin the show, imo. It will tick off the Carson fans who love this character for his big heart. They will take something so pure and totally ruin it. I don't think they would do that to the character, especially when Paul McGillion said him returning was clever and the Save Carson Beckett fans will be very happy. I don't think they would be too kind to an evil Carson.
    lol the rating would be even lower in season 5 and there would be no chance of season 6

  15. #15
    Lieutenant General Briangate78's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,967

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    Quote Originally Posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
    lol the rating would be even lower in season 5 and there would be no chance of season 6
    I am Pro Season 4, and I cannot wait to Season 5! Carson returning is helping me overcome the loss of Weir. I feel the show can still be great with or without Weir. Now with the hope of Carson, it will give the show a more warm feeling that an original character is returning. BUT, it has to be his good old self. Heck, I could even live with a clone that is an exact copy, as long as he is the Carson the fans love him for.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

  16. #16
    First Lieutenant The.Road.Not.Taken's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    521

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I am Pro Season 4, and I cannot wait to Season 5! Carson returning is helping me overcome the loss of Weir. I feel the show can still be great with or without Weir. Now with the hope of Carson, it will give the show a more warm feeling that an original character is returning. BUT, it has to be his good old self. Heck, I could even live with a clone that is an exact copy, as long as he is the Carson the fans love him for.
    same i cant wait for season 5 but i wouldn't care if beckett was bad or good unless it affected the ratings!!!! i wouldn;t care cuz i am a keller fan no offence to beckett fans

  17. #17
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    35,530

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    He could be the good kind of villain. You know the bad guys always think they are the good guys.

    It's the ones you least expect it from... And Carson is great candidate. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't who we think he is.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock


  18. #18
    Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    19,935

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    What if Carson becomes a villain?
    i would bloody cry......i've put up with a lot of crap with this show but that would be the last straw

  19. #19
    Staff Sergeant Charon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    He could be the good kind of villain. You know the bad guys always think they are the good guys.

    It's the ones you least expect it from... And Carson is great candidate. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't who we think he is.
    You're right, the best villains are the ones who believe they are doing "the right thing". What if Carson isn't who HE thinks he is?

  20. #20
    Second Lieutenant Chrisisall's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: What if Carson becomes a villain?

    I trust whatever they do with him, it'll be cool.

    Trusting Chrisisall
    Late to the Gate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. If I were the Stargate villain...
    By Syera in forum Fun and Games
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: March 7th, 2008, 05:37 PM
  2. The new villain, Atlantis?
    By MaglorAnarion in forum The Kindred, Part 1
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: February 24th, 2008, 04:16 PM
  3. The Perfect Villain
    By Crazy Tom in forum Sci-Fi & Fantasy Television
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: December 28th, 2007, 02:38 AM
  4. Name your favorite SG villain....
    By Lida in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: May 4th, 2005, 10:00 AM
  5. Possible New BIG BIG Villain in Season 8
    By karakino in forum Stargate SG-1
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: June 6th, 2004, 06:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •