• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out Doors and survivor enthusiest

welcome survival and out doors people
    Rules:

1 no stargate tech or scifi cheats
    2 constructive critisism only

discus Medical Techniques, tools of the trade, and certin places you guys like to go like colorado alaska etc

Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
    welcome survival and out doors people
    Rules:

1 no stargate tech or scifi cheats
    2 constructive critisism only

discus Medical Techniques, tools of the trade, and certin places you guys like to go like colorado alaska etc
    well, there is this one mountain road that me and my dad went up on the back of his 302...I mean Motorcycle.

Comment

I'll admit to only really doing long hikes and whatnot, not week long things, but I always carry a zippo and a knife. I have an old swiss army like knife that belonged to my grandfather that I use, sometimes I use a military grade knife too. Aside from that... water, and snacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
        well, there is this one mountain road that me and my dad went up on the back of his 302...I mean Motorcycle.
        what region

Comment

Originally posted by cowpants View Post
          I'll admit to only really doing long hikes and whatnot, not week long things, but I always carry a zippo and a knife. I have an old swiss army like knife that belonged to my grandfather that I use, sometimes I use a military grade knife too. Aside from that... water, and snacks.
          wow I'm the only gear whore here then man I carry a 24 hour survival pack with me and have a 72 hour kit around

Comment

what region
            Near Mt. Evans. The town that was on this path had a road up Mt. Evans, which we only drove down once. Idhao Springs, used to have a great food place there, that they took down and replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
              Near Mt. Evans. The town that was on this path had a road up Mt. Evans, which we only drove down once. Idhao Springs, used to have a great food place there, that they took down and replaced.
              very nice, I normal train in camp san luis opispo, and I have gone to the big bear mountains a couple times

Comment

wow I'm the only gear whore here then man I carry a 24 hour survival pack with me and have a 72 hour kit around
                Ha, nope. Not a gear whore. Just basic necessities. I just pack a backpack full of stuff I need. Food, water, first aid kit, rope, tape, compass, mirror. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. But that's about it. Sometimes I feel I do need more proper stuff.

Comment

Ha, nope. Not a gear whore. Just basic necessities. I just pack a backpack full of stuff I need. Food, water, first aid kit, rope, tape, compass, mirror. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. But that's about it. Sometimes I feel I do need more proper stuff.
                  dude I carry tactical military gear to survive, but I use that because it was tested under combat conditions and it works

Comment

dude I carry tactical military gear to survive, but I use that because it was tested under combat conditions and it works
                    I don't have any tactical military gear. Ha, I make do, though.

Comment

I don't have any tactical military gear. Ha, I make do, though.
                      well I'm afraid of russians sneaking up on my Ground team and the start shooting

Comment

well I'm afraid of russians sneaking up on my Ground team and the start shooting
                        Where I live there are... Grizzly Bears? Ha. No gun or knife or anything is gonna stop that. Yeah. Tip: don't try to run away from a grizzly, they're faster than you. Play dead. Or you can climb a tree, grizzlies can't climb. So then you're safe. Unless you identified it incorrectly as a grizzly, but it's actually a brown or black bear, and those can climb, so you're hooped. So, just play dead or back away slowly and non threateningly.

I have dispensed my wisdom!

Comment

Where I live there are... Grizzly Bears? Ha. No gun or knife or anything is gonna stop that. Yeah. Tip: don't try to run away from a grizzly, they're faster than you. Play dead. Or you can climb a tree, grizzlies can't climb. So then you're safe. Unless you identified it incorrectly as a grizzly, but it's actually a brown or black bear, and those can climb, so you're hooped. So, just play dead or back away slowly and non threateningly.

I have dispensed my wisdom!
                          heres the trick i learned in survival training

if a bear attacks you

1 shoot it
                          2 mace it
                          3 blow it up
                          4 call in an air strike
                          5 bring a friend, dont be faster than the bear be faster than your friend
                          6 run down a hill
                          7 give up and die
                          8 run to the APC

Comment

heres the trick i learned in survival training

if a bear attacks you

1 shoot it
                            2 mace it
                            3 blow it up
                            4 call in an air strike
                            5 bring a friend, dont be faster than the bear be faster than your friend
                            6 run down a hill
                            7 give up and die
                            8 run to the APC
                            4. is what I thought of.

Comment

Working...
                            X