X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not happy about Janet !

spoiler space S7 Heroes Part 2

Hands up those who were not happy about "killing off" Dr. Janet Frasier. I mean she was a good character and I for one liked her as the Head doctor who clears our SG Teams from the infirmary. She had good character episodes and has great ships with SG1 and perhaps everybody she deals with. Now were gonna have to get used to some other doctor who'll only be around for one season, that is if S8 is to be the final one.

I haven't lurked around Gateworld long enough to know why Dr. Frasier/TR left the show - can anyone tell me why?

And does anyone know where/who Cassey was gonna end up with as I didn't read it in the Transcript of Heroes Pt2...yes read (here in Australis we are way, ways behind )

Finally, a Tribute to Dr. Frasier - which were your fave episodes, be it a character based eps or just one she was in.
    Last edited by Major Clanger; 09 May 2004, 04:26 AM. Reason: SPOILER SPACE!!!
    If I were a Goddess - let it be that of Love & Beauty

spoiler space S7 Heroes Part 2

Im glad that she was killed off, I mean that in a non-malicious way of course.

It brings back the fear of death into the show. And it revives hatred of the Goa'uld, as it shows they (the Jaffa) are willing to kill someone who is treating a dying man. Not someone who is returning fire, but someone who is saving a life.

For the last few seasons, killing Jaffa has been seen as bad, because they are really our 'friends' who hate the Goa'uld, and desire freedom. Plus they're weak. So to see them back in the evil mould worked nicely.

Of course, Janet was great, and is missed. But I cant think of anyone else's death that would have been more appropriate for the lead up to the big battle v Anubis.
    Last edited by Major Clanger; 09 May 2004, 04:27 AM. Reason: SPOILER SPACE!!!

Comment

spoiler space for S7 Heroes Part 2

Hey, I'm Australian as well. I've watched both parts of Heroes after downloading them from the net. I think the writing staff decided there had to be a sacrifice. Teryl Rothery didn't leave the show or anything. Frasier is one of my favourite characters but that shouldn't stop the writing staff from killing her off. It shows there not safe. (Read the GateWorld feature article by Darren Sumner for his analysis of her death.)

http://www.gateworld.net/articles/co...tch/gw08.shtml

My favourite Dr. Frasier episode would be either The Broca Divide, Singularity, Legacy, or Rite of Passage. I thought Heroes, Part II was a good tribute to Frasier.
      Last edited by Major Clanger; 09 May 2004, 04:28 AM. Reason: SPOILER SPACE!!!

Comment

Spoilers S7 Heroes Part 2

Originally posted by D.C.
        I think the writing staff decided there had to be a sacrifice. Teryl Rothery didn't leave the show or anything. Frasier is one of my favourite characters but that shouldn't stop the writing staff from killing her off. It shows there not safe.
        Who's not safe, the characters or the writers themselves? I guess if she had to go, she had to go. I'm still not happy about it *sulking for good measure*

And thanks for the link.
        Last edited by Major Clanger; 09 May 2004, 04:29 AM. Reason: SPOILER SPACE!!
        If I were a Goddess - let it be that of Love & Beauty

Comment

The characters. I'm looking forward to Stargate SG-1 returning in Australia.

Comment

spoilers S7 Heroes Part 2

I didn't lie that fact that Janet was killed off either
            I really liked her character and I wished she could of stayed to be in the Final episode of the series...I'm missing her already and its only been four episodes since she left..

I really hope they find a way to have her back for the final episode but I doubt they will
            Last edited by Major Clanger; 09 May 2004, 04:30 AM. Reason: SPOILER SPACE!!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

the only way that she can come back for an appearance is in an AU episode, any other way of bringier her back to life defeats the whole point of having her die in the first place

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking about an AU Janet but it wouldn't be the same she still wouldn't be OUR janet

I'm just going to have to get used to the fact that she's gone...

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

There are very few strong female characters on tv. I think Janet, along with Sam, are great characters, and it is a real pity they killed her off. I'm also missing her already.
                  sigpic

Comment

No one l;ikes it but it had to be done. In a way I wish they killed off Hammond because he's leaving anyways, but someone had to die. They thought it was going to be the last season and she wasn't needed for the rest so she was killed off, oh well.

The actress was on Smallville the other day for 30 seconds. I was jumping up and down going "It's Janet!!! It's Janet!! She's not dead!". I had to be high then or something.
                    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Maybe Frasier can return in a wacky time travel episode.

Comment

I'm not happy that Janet died but what really angered me was how she died. I know we never saw the full scope of her medical responsibilities but it hadn't before been hinted at that she went offworld into combat situations. That's what medics are for...not the Chief Medical Officer. The situation seemed contrived just to kill her. Which was a waste. She could have been used to fill the gap left by RDA's reduced appearances.

As for my favorite Janet moment...

It's the scene in Beneath the Surface when she volunteers for the rescue mission that Hammond is considering. No hesitation, she just steps right up to help her friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Loz
                          It brings back the fear of death into the show.

I like the way you put that. It gave me one of those 'ooh' moments. But really, it's true. The entire team -especially Daniel- have been killed more than once and brought BACK, so our fear of the worst case scenario happening has slowly disolved. Then Janet. So finale, so fast, and so ironic when you think of it. I think that's why I was so blown over by the way Captain Kirk died in Star Trek Generations. Out of all the things that you'd expect this heroic and experienced man to die, a simple fall off a structure wasn't one of them. Death by some big fight with a bad guy, or by being phasered or something, but falling??? It was ironic, just like Janet dying on one of her 'few' off-world missions she'd ever went on. She was an innocent, just trying to save a life. It was brutal and real, and it was beautifully handled to me.... I miss her.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

it was well done and i think it had to be done just to liven up the show and to see a semi-regular character die is not something you expect. She will be missed but i dont think you should bring the character back in any way as it could undermine the purpose of the death scene. I f they want TR back i say bring Hiemdall back as a character.

Comment

Working...
                            X