The new villain, Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
    I said - somewhere - that it would be a delight to see a Wraith as a teammate - a Wraith who has the abilitity to gain nourishment from normal food, but who still has the instinct to feed. Imagine a moment where he is sparring with Teyla in the gym (guh - the visual of Steve fighting Teyla by the ruins comes to mind) - and suddenly he stops, looks at Teyla in the most peculiar of ways, and storms out of the room. Teyla immediately assumes he's attracted to her, much like John was when he was turning into a bug. She is both creeped out by this, and somehow strangely flattered. But she MUST set the record straight...so she confronts the Wraith, and says...

Teyla: "I am sorry, but a relationship between us is just not possible."

Wraith (confused look on his face): "I do not understand. Of what do you speak."

Teyla: "Yesterday. In the gym. I saw the way you looked at me, and..."

Wraith (interrupting): "You are mistaken."

Teyla: "You do not have to be embarrassed. Even though we are different species, our feelings..."

Wraith (snarling): "I said, YOU are mistaken. The combat - like the hunt - simply stimulated my desire to feed. That is all. Any other 'feeling' was non-existent. I decided it would be in both our interests to take my leave, and find something more - acceptable - to feed upon."

Teyla (embarrassed): "Oh. I am sorry." (long pause) "If I may ask, what did you find to 'feed upon'?"

Wraith (with a sly smile): "Kavanaugh."

das
    That scene is perfect! I can just imagine it happening -- where DO you get your ideas?!
    Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

What is it with this forum and talking about rape, yeesh.

But i kinda like the idea of killing the wraith all off. Whos to say that would end the show, theres still infinite number of stories to tell on atlantis and in pegasus without the wraith.

I like it when writers type a list of things that everyone says you cant do, and then does em well.

Comment

How can you say the Ancients created the Wraith? And blame them for the Wraith problem? It is not there fault some human worlds were inhabited by the Iratus bug and the people there were turned into Wraith. It wasn't a Ancient experiment or something.

Comment

these new hybrids are such a wasted opportunity
          I think they would have been far more interesting as an ally race
          like the Tokra of the Pegasus galaxy
          there may have been several species variations that evolved from the Iratus bugs

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
            How can you say the Ancients created the Wraith? And blame them for the Wraith problem? It is not there fault some human worlds were inhabited by the Iratus bug and the people there were turned into Wraith. It wasn't a Ancient experiment or something.
            From 'The Return Part 1' -

WOOLSEY (to Helia): And by your own admission, you are responsible for the emergence of the Wraith as a species.

We don't know the details because we were only shown the last few minutes of the conference. The only other Lantean information we have comes from 'Rising Part 1' -

HOLOGRAM: ... In time, a thousand worlds bore the fruit of life in this form. Then one day our people stepped foot upon a dark world where a terrible enemy slept. Never before had we encountered beings with powers that rivalled our own.

Not realising the Iratus bugs were on a particular planet is one thing. Missing the emergence of the Wraith until they were powerful enough to rival the Lanteans is another.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              Atlantis isn't techinically the bad guys - they're just morally fracked.
              That is a polite way to put it..

I hope whatever Michael has done actually casts the normal Wraith in a better light - help the humans see the difference between killing for food, and killing for spite and power.
              Same here. heck i hope it makes the entire atlantis group re-evaluate how they do business.

The expedition leaders are guilty of the same kind of arrogance that we've been told was the Lanteans' downfall.
              Very true. WE are getting to be as bad as them.

Comment

Working...
              X