Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts about a possible end for the Wraith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even in the long shot if the Wraith get beaten as the dominant power in PG and Michael take over. Todd can lead the Wraith in the kind of Campaign like how Baal did after he was beaten in the battle for Dakara. Not the cloning thing I mean fight with a little more strategy rather than just being the Galactic Strong Man. They Launch Gurilla raids and win.

If this happens how would people react what is your opinion?
    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      In Todd's case, his 'diet' includes not feeding on the box of Lantean chocolates that he keeps finding himself right in the middle of...must be really tough at times.

das

funny as

you just had to mention chocolates because of that cut dialogue scene between todd and rodney.

i do hope its on the dvd.
      sigpic
      FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn
        It's difficult to think what they could trade with. Fabrics could be one possibility although it depends on what they are made of.
        I would love to learn that the Wraith could spin the finest of silks from the palm of their hands. Might be something worth trading for - Wraith silk...rare, soft and light as air, warm in the winter, cool in the summer - it would be fantastic!

Originally posted by jasminaGo
        I read all the posts and noticed that most said that they'll stop watching the show if the Wraith are killed off. Good news for them is that the Wraith will probably be defeated at the very end. The bad news are that there is only one more season that is garantied.

Personaly as a die-hard SG1 fan, I can't get over the fact that the Wraith weren't in that show. I think they are the best created vilian in the Stargate francise. It's refreshing cause they can't be put in the totally evil category, they don't kill people because it's fun, but because they need to survive. It's the most basic instinct in all living creatures. Their behavior can be explored more deeply, and they can be understood better, like 'till The Seer I didn't know that the Wraith had a sence of humor, or they could be sarcastic. Tod's character is a great opportunity for that. I really hope TPTB dedicate more attention to it.
        And I really, really hope that Atlantis is picked up for a few more seasons, so that we can get as much Wraith as possible .
        I agree - the Wraith are the best character (friend or foe) created in the SG franchise. They are so complex, and so much has yet to be revealed about them. And now with characters like Todd, you can really see them as individuals, and that makes more of a connection between them, and the audience. Heck, they could end up being even better than Klingons, IF the SG PTB play their cards right.

Originally posted by YutheGreat
        Even in the long shot if the Wraith get beaten as the dominant power in PG and Michael take over. Todd can lead the Wraith in the kind of Campaign like how Baal did after he was beaten in the battle for Dakara. Not the cloning thing I mean fight with a little more strategy rather than just being the Galactic Strong Man. They Launch Gurilla raids and win.

If this happens how would people react what is your opinion?
        I think if Todd rose up to be some sort of Wraith leader, and defeated another ENEMY (like Michael), then fans would be thrilled. If he went after the Lanteans...well...not so sure fans would like that right now. We seem to love Todd as Todd - the guy who's playing both ends against the middle, and not quite sure what he's up to. He's like Captain Jack Sparrow in the first Pirates movie - you just can't figure the guy out. Jack became less interesting in the next two movies because we were starting to figure him out, and knowing all the answers made him less entertaining (for me).

So, I guess I'm saying that I love Todd like he is right now - and I'm not sure I want to know EVERYthing about the guy - leave a little mystery...leave an open door so we never totally figure Todd out...let him sail off into the sunset like Jack did in POTC 1 - and leave the rest to our imaginations...

Originally posted by BlueJay

funny as

you just had to mention chocolates because of that cut dialogue scene between todd and rodney.

i do hope its on the dvd.
        Yeah, me too. Just so funny - and if it wasn't filmed (not sure it was, or if it was just in script form), then maybe they'd weave it - or soemthing similar - into an episode later on.

(Of course, I'm also a HUGE chocolate fan, so chocolate analogies come easy for me... )

das
        sigpic

Comment

I am actually getting bored with the Wraith, I think they are cool and would love to see more of them but can't they have a new Alien Enemy besides the Wraith and the Replicators, I do like Replicators also.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielleG
            I am actually getting bored with the Wraith, I think they are cool and would love to see more of them but can't they have a new Alien Enemy besides the Wraith and the Replicators, I do like Replicators also.

Well, I'm just getting excited about them! I think Todd has brought a new dimension to them, and now we can see the possibilities if they decide to develop Wraith characters instead of constantly killing them off.

HOWEVER...I DO want new villains. Michael's army of whatevers might be a good option. But I wouldn't mind seeing another threat enter the galaxy - something that I don't mind seeing killed off (right now, I hate seeing the Wraith falling like flies...mainly because I feel very sympathetic towards their situation). So - bring in a new enemy - YES - maybe more than one...and let THEM become the cannon fodder while the humans AND the Wraith figure out a way to defeat them.

I say this because there is no better alliance than Wraith with the humans, simply because of the whole 'I wanna eat you - I wanna kill you' thing going on. It takes great trust to be able to work with such an 'enemy', and can be an excellent way to continue to develop both Wraith and human characters. Nothing else is as good - even an ally among the Borg in Star Trek couldn't equal the threat of working alongside a Wraith.

So - bring in new enemies...make the Lanteans realize that the Wraith actually kept a balance in the galaxy, and now the new threats are worse than the old ones....and let's see these two (human/Wraith) continue to work together in on again-off again alliances.

das
            sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that TPTB will soon eliminate all Wraith from the Pegasus galaxy. Between their own civil war, the Replicators, a poisoned food supply, and now Michael's planned army, Wraith as we know them are unlikely to survive through next season, or two.

I would hate to see that happen. I would also hate to see a 'humanizing' of them in an attempt to give them an alternate food supply. One of the best things about these guys is their appearance - I love the long, white hair, the nasty teeth, the green skin - the great clothes. Physically, they are perfect as is. I also love how they feed on humans, and would hate to see that option taken away from them. Alternative food source? YES. Lose their taste for humans or their appearance? NO.

And I would really hate to see all Wraith - with their queens and hives and biotech and silky hair and black coats - exterminated from the Pegasus Galaxy like the Ori were in SG1.

If the Wraith were eliminated, would it affect your personal enjoyment of the show? I know it would for me because - despite my enjoyment of the other characters - I only got hooked on SGA because of the Wraith (similarly, I watched Star Trek mainly for the Klingons). I love an 'enemy' who is well-developed (as the Wraith are slowly becoming), and who can play on both teams (as Todd and his associates do). Instead of eliminating them, I'd really like to see these guys come into their own through a continued development of Wraith characters, instead of just being cannon fodder until another, more menacing, enemy comes along. And I certainly do NOT want to see them written out of the show.

So - your thoughts. I'm really not sure how much - if any - Wraith-love there is out there, so just trying to figure out how others feel about a possible elimination of the Wraith from the Stargate universe.

das
              Not if they got to the milkyway and started culling some familliar worlds. How pissed would u b if they ate chulak or kelowna or abuncha jaffa worlds. If Todd got deep enough to find midway i bet he got the asgard intergalactic engine specs too.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                Not if they got to the milkyway and started culling some familliar worlds. How pissed would u b if they ate chulak or kelowna or abuncha jaffa worlds. If Todd got deep enough to find midway i bet he got the asgard intergalactic engine specs too.
                What an interesting idea. There is no telling what he might have found in Rodney's files, is there? Mwahahahahahah!
                Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric
                  Since I have no idea who you're talking about, I say - feed away! (I didn't watch SG1 - so....yeah. The only reason I'm into this whole SGA thing is because of the hot dudes in black leather dusters. Call me shallow. )

das
                  sigpic

Comment

I am not concerned about 'defeat' - I am concerned about annihilation...much different. To lose power is one thing, to be wiped out of existence (or physically altered) would totally suck eggs.
                    Agreed. I don't want them completely wiped out.

If the latter were to happen, it would kill my enjoyment of the show. It would be like if Star Trek eliminated all Klingons (my favs in that universe) - it just wouldn't be the same for me. So, I'm wondering if other people feel the same way, and I see that many would be equally disappointed if the Wraith were eventually written out of the show. Good to know I'm not alone in this.

das
                    "Rejoice dasNdanger you are not alone!"
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I have been reading quite a few post on this thread. And It has been said time and time again. Many of us don't want an end to the wraith. NO! I'm another one who watches SGA b/c or the wraith. If the writers want to bring in another enemy do it, but no at the expence of the wraith. We don't need every episode centering around the wraith b/c some people will get tried of them. No Not me I LOVE them. What I mean is bring in other bad guys but, keep the wraith as contance reminder "That we are here and we are not going away". I may not be good a profound post. there are alot of posters that express the same thoughts as I do. Das is for one. It's almost like she is reading my mind.

About the wraith ok, what is it that attracts some of us? It's the way they look yes i think they are attractive and, sexy too. Maybe it's their beautiful long flowing white hair, the way they dress, or the way they talk, growl or even hiss. Or maybe it's their attitude. No it not maybe i change my mind about that. It is the way they do things they are confident about themselves. They don't need to apologize for their existence or their need to feed. They are who they are. I don't know how to discribe how i feel. It's something intangible. Something that touches the primitive part.

Maybe that why some people hate them. Yes I said hate or fear them. The wraith do represent the primitive in some of us. I would hate to see these beautiful mystifying beings eliminated from the story arc. Just to be replaced by a boring enemy. Many of you may think some of us who love the wraith are crazy may be, but we are not shallow. We just love a race that many feel should killed I have a lot more to say on the subject but I will hold off for no. I tend to think faster that I can type. So i get lost in my train of thought.

I'll be back

LS

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                        It's difficult to think what they could trade with. Fabrics could be one possibility although it depends on what they are made of.
                        Hair care products?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky
                          I have been reading quite a few post on this thread. And It has been said time and time again. Many of us don't want an end to the wraith. NO! I'm another one who watches SGA b/c or the wraith. If the writers want to bring in another enemy do it, but no at the expence of the wraith. We don't need every episode centering around the wraith b/c some people will get tried of them. No Not me I LOVE them. What I mean is bring in other bad guys but, keep the wraith as contance reminder "That we are here and we are not going away". I may not be good a profound post. there are alot of posters that express the same thoughts as I do. Das is for one. It's almost like she is reading my mind.
                          Maybe I'm Wraith...

But I agree - I would enjoy Wraith in every episode, but for some people that would be too much. So a new enemy or two would be great, something to balance out the show. For Wraith, sometimes less is MORE. I would prefer FEWER Wraith 'cameos', if they would feature a re-occurring Wraith (Like Todd, and Michael before him) in more 'starring' (and 'co-starring') roles. When I say a 'starring' role, I mean the sort of role Todd had in Common Ground, or the guy in The Defiant One, where a single Wraith is the featured character. By co-starring, I think of episodes like The Seer, Miller's Crossing, BAMSR, SoW), and a cameo would be like the 'Shawn's' brief appearance in Condemned, or Bob, or that poor guy who got taken out by Ellia.

About the wraith ok, what is it that attracts some of us? It's the way they look yes i think they are attractive and, sexy too. Maybe it's their beautiful long flowing white hair, the way they dress, or the way they talk, growl or even hiss. Or maybe it's their attitude. No it not maybe i change my mind about that. It is the way they do things they are confident about themselves. They don't need to apologize for their existence or their need to feed. They are who they are. I don't know how to discribe how i feel. It's something intangible. Something that touches the primitive part.
                          Yes - it is the whole package. Their confidence, their vanity, their hair and their clothes, and certainly the fact that they make no apologies for what they are - it all comes together to create a well-defined, and intriguing character. The Wraith have an 'air' about them. Doesn't matter if you think they are ugly at first, if a Wraith walked into a room full of humans - his/her head held high, confident, smug - everyone in the room would be awed by their beauty, simply because...

Maybe that why some people hate them. Yes I said hate or fear them. The wraith do represent the primitive in some of us. I would hate to see these beautiful mystifying beings eliminated from the story arc. Just to be replaced by a boring enemy. Many of you may think some of us who love the wraith are crazy may be, but we are not shallow. We just love a race that many feel should killed I have a lot more to say on the subject but I will hold off for no. I tend to think faster that I can type. So i get lost in my train of thought.
                          Yeah, my train of thought gets away from me, too...

But I think people in general don't like things that are 'different'. The Wraith are different - they look and act and feed differently than we do, and it bothers most people. But those of us who like the Wraith are probably fairly accepting of differences in people in real life - we probably aren't prejudice, probably don't make fun of people who look different than we do, probably don't judge others too harshly. More accepting, I suppose. I know I am, and think that maybe that's the case with most of us, too.

das
                          sigpic

Comment

Just another note. I said like "she is reading my mind" What I meant was we who love the wraith have very similar thoughts. And to having different wraiths for instances the one from "Condemend" we call him Shawn there is another name for him but I can't spell it so I won't try. He be a great reacurring role too.

Sheppard and Shawn sitting down at the dinner table negotiating term of an agreement what ever that may be. I can see Shep &co. looking stunned when Shawn shallows down his human type food or, even the expression on MacKay's face. Yes these may be tidbits of humor. I wished they didn't kill off Steve he would have made a good adverary. Ok I'm rambling on. The bottom line is don't kill off something has a good thing going. I may have not express this well but I get these thought in my head I try to get them out.then they ( thoughts) escapes me.

About diffenent people I live in a country that is very multicultal. Sorry about the spelling I got to depended on spell check now my brain has gotten to lazy

Comment

This season we've seen Todd on the human's turf, we know how they are going to treat him - and any Wraith - that comes around as an ally. They will be kept in a cell, chained, and followed around by an armed guard. We got that. Now, let's see how the Wraith treat a human guest on their turf. I think this now could be done because 1. Not sure the Lanteans will allow Todd, or any other 'friendly' Wraith with hacking abilities, back on Atlantis for a while, and 2. Hopefully Todd will be able to keep his current hive alive and well, thus moving some of the human/Wraith interaction back onto a hive ship.

If a solution to their feeding problem is found, then yes - there will still be major problems. Will someone like Ronon EVER forgive the Wraith for what they've done, even if it was in the name of their own survival? Doubt it. Will the Wraith ever be able to see humans as equals, worthy of respect and of the freedom to build their societies? Hard to say...it won't happen overnight.

The thing that needs to be determined is WHY the Wraith wanted dominance of the galaxy. If it was to protect their food supplies, then - with that need removed - will they still be determined to remain the top dogs in the PG? If they can feed on anything they want, their needs will change - they may need to find a way to become traders...but what do the Wraith have to trade? Technology. Will they part with it? Hard to say.

das
                              Yes, lets see the team spend some time on todds ship for some mission they're on. Todd should be smart enough to realise that Rodney can also not be trusted to do a little snooping around inside a hive ships computer and can keep him away from temptation.
                              Would they stick Todd back in a cell? It would be nice if they gave him a room, just post guards outside the door and keep him away from computers. Don't think they're going to allow him back for a while though.

The wraith have been described as teritorial, so they would stake claim to an area and defend it against rivals, this was their hunting ground. If they no longer needed to feed on humans, no longer needed to protect their food supply, they would probably still find it difficult to allow wraith from different factions into their territory.
                              Being used to power they may feel threatened by human civilisations advancing technologically, remember, their society has been stagnant in this area as there has been no need for them to change, they have not been challanged in thousands of years. People are cattle to them, wraith won't like being overtaken by them technologically.

Wraith may feel they are above trading with humans. They have the ships, they are superior, they may just fly in and take whatever supplies the want.
                              They do not seem to have much to trade besides technology. Doubt they'd be willing to help advance lowly humans.
                              Although wraith silk would be nice!

As they are hunters now it would be easy for them to switch to hunting animals, but i can not ever see them as farmers. They would have to make arrangements with humans for this. If they used their worshippers this could work, but, would they still have worshippers if they were changed and could no longer extend life or heal etc. It was mentioned somewhere that having life restored felt good and was addictive. Take that away and some people may not wish to serve the wraith anymore.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X