No announcement yet.

The Hybrid - New Enemy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might be jumping it a bit, but how does this come into play in S5?
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Originally posted by xSFx View Post
      New enemy my a**.
      Michael is actually the first villan I'd consider worshipping.

Hallowed are the HuWraiths!
      I'd lick the food off his finger.

Oh, and the Athosians seem to be mindless drones. So not that positive.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

They will be cheaper for the show. Some of the hybrids appear human like the ones that were guarding the facility. Michael can make them infiltrators etc.

You are right it will make them very interesting.

They may appear human but they have a lot of other enhanced abilities like the Jaffa. Michael could go to war with the Wraith and Atlantis will be caught in the middle.
        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

What about female Hybrid ?

The original retro-virus doesn't work on female Wraith, so are they going to create some new sexy wraith babe.
          The Female wriath Queen we saw over the past few season doesn't look that attractive .

If the Wraith doesn't need to fed on human , then what else they are going to do with all the spare time.
          I hope Michael create a new female.Normal Hive has a sex ratio about 1:100 or more.That may work with normal Wriath ,but the new hybrid is more human

Michael may need a Queen if he need to conquer the Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
            What about female Hybrid ?

The original retro-virus doesn't work on female Wraith, so are they going to create some new sexy wraith babe.
            The Female wriath Queen we saw over the past few season doesn't look that attractive .

If the Wraith doesn't need to fed on human , then what else they are going to do with all the spare time.
            I hope Michael create a new female.Normal Hive has a sex ratio about 1:100 or more.That may work with normal Wriath ,but the new hybrid is more human

Michael may need a Queen if he need to conquer the Pegasus.
            Yeah, I've also thought about the retrovirus not working on females (Athosians).

Oh, Michael has his Queen, and her name is Teyla. Look at his eyes when he goes to her, how much her words can hurt him, how he says she can do whatever she likes, just as long as the baby doesn't hurt under it etc.

I'm curious about finding out of he'll take over her mind after he turns her, or not.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
              Yeah, I've also thought about the retrovirus not working on females (Athosians).

Oh, Michael has his Queen, and her name is Teyla. Look at his eyes when he goes to her, how much her words can hurt him, how he says she can do whatever she likes, just as long as the baby doesn't hurt under it etc.

I'm curious about finding out of he'll take over her mind after he turns her, or not.
              I agree Spikey. I believe he ordered Kanaan to impregnate her making Teyla her queen and her son as the heir-apparent to the throne in his pledgling empire of hybrids.

The retrovirus doesn't work to turn Wraith queens into humans but it might turn human females into part Wraith isn't that possible?
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

These new human/wraith hybrids may be able to take some damage but since they dont feed on humans they can not ge the engery to keep healing themselves if they keep getting injured.

How do these hybrids heal themselves? Normal wraith use the energy they get from feeding on humans to heal there injurys but if these hybirds dont feed how do they heal themselves?

Also i think those guards that they took out in The Kindred WERE NOT HYBRIDS. The hybrids on the Hive ships had a few Wraith like features on there face you could tell they had wraith in them. The guards the Atlantis team took out looked COMPLETLEY HUMAN. I think they were just human allies to Micheal.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                  The retrovirus does not work against female WRAITH as the Queen from "Allies" remained completely normal despite most of her Hive being knocked unconscious and transformed. She was apparently in pain and possibly weakened but still strong enough to almost kill Lorne so female Wraith seem more resistant to such a viral weapon.

However, its entirely possible that Michael might simply infect a Human female to create a Queen... mind you, a Queen really isnt necessary, they just need either women or the retrovirus in order to create more of their kind.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                    The retrovirus does not work against female WRAITH as the Queen from "Allies" remained completely normal despite most of her Hive being knocked unconscious and transformed. She was apparently in pain and possibly weakened but still strong enough to almost kill Lorne so female Wraith seem more resistant to such a viral weapon.

However, its entirely possible that Michael might simply infect a Human female to create a Queen... mind you, a Queen really isnt necessary, they just need either women or the retrovirus in order to create more of their kind.
                    Oh, I just referred to Teyla as a 'Queen' because Michael originally comes from a hierarchy in which the females, the bosses, are called that. He'll want her to join him at his side, but she won't take over, probably. Depending on how she views his cause. She might stay with him just for the sake of her child and her people. After all, after knowing where they are, will she just be able to walk away from them? Especially when Michael keeps on tossing familiar faces into her face?

I hope he doesn't overpower her mind. She should be fully aware of what's going on.

More in a few days.

IS IT FRIDAY YET?

Comment

I'm sure he has plans to keep her there, and to possibly change her into a true "HuWraith", as some would like to call them. Either way, I think he might try to put some of his own DNA into Teyla's child, thus "strengthening the bond" between them.
                      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                        I'm sure he has plans to keep her there, and to possibly change her into a true "HuWraith", as some would like to call them. Either way, I think he might try to put some of his own DNA into Teyla's child, thus "strengthening the bond" between them.
                        I wrote my thoughts in the Wraith' Defenders Thread, in two posts, under spoiler tags. My thoughts on the child, and everything else. I'd love some feedback on it, so go read it?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...37661&page=186

Comment

I just realized how advantageous it would be for the Hybrid:

1) The Genii are humans, have a spy network, has an army, has food - The Hybrids can essentially mimic the Genii (or even infiltrate them too).

2) Teyla's ability to fly a Wraith ship now - The Hybrids can do the same with some refinement (Teyla only started to progress in mental abiliities recently).

3) Teyla's ability to use mind control - Same as #2

4) Teyla's ability to read people's minds - Same as #2

How awesome would that be?
                          Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Michael doesn't need a queen, though... presumably he abducted female Athosians as well and if they're all human-wraith hybrids, they probably can have babies the old fashioned way.

That said... they're kinda creepy if they're all like Kanan. Maybe they all got lobotomies too.
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree, it think the retrovirus doesn't work on wraith females, but they do work on humans.

It could be the reason why Micheal killed the Queen in the last man. McKay said that Micheal turned the strongests of each race in Hybrids. I'm sure a Wraith Queen is considered one of the strongest of the Wraith. But he killed her probably because the virus doesn't work on her and if he didn't kill her she could fight him and his Hybrids.

Also I think Wraith females have a big DNA difference compared to the males, just like a Bee queen and her drones. That's why the virus didn't work on the queens, it was designed with help from DNA obtained form males. A Female's DNA had not been obtained at the point they created the virus. But Human females are a lot like human males, so it would work on them.

Also I would like to know if you think it is possible to create a retrovirus with
                              DNA from Wraith Females? Would it work on the females?

Spoiler:
                              Why did the uncompleted virus work on Ellia? She was a female the last time I saw the episodes.

Comment

Well one thing to remember is that all of the Hybrids we have seen seem to descend from Humans converting by Micheal. Whether this means that the new retrovirus only works on Humans or Micheal simply prefers to use Humans is unknown.

It might be that retrovirus requires Humans in order to produce the strengths of the Wraith minus their weaknesses while using a Wraith body would mean the feeding organ might remain in some capacity. This is speculation mind you.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                                X