Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [SGC_ReplicÅtors] View Post
    Spoiler:
    I agree with Teyla.....hes insane ....badass!, and when he raised his hand to show that the feeding part was gone, i was flabbergasted right there i knew he was insane!
    You make a good point. So, would it be self-mutilation or evolution.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by melfan View Post
      nope, just his merry old self.
      Todd is Todd. That's why I love him.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        Todd is Todd. That's why I love him.
        LOL. I like that, Todd is Todd. I do like him because he is Todd! He's really an interesting character.
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
          Your sig doesn't make sense anymore because Michael's no longer a space vampire.
          If he cuts open your jugular, and sucks the blood out, he is. So There.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
            You know - I got the same feeling there - he hesitated, as if it took a lot for him to ask for help. It's the second time - first with the Replicators, and now this. Obviously he sees the Wraith are not strong or wise enough to handle the problem on their own, and so he must ask their 'cattle' to assist them. That takes humility - or, as much humility as a Wraith can muster.

das
            That is true. Plus it looked like he hesitated and looked away before asking for help..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              That is true. Plus it looked like he hesitated and looked away before asking for help..
              I think he was having an 'oh gawd, must I really say this again?' moment. Proud Wraith asking for human help.

@ Todd thinking he'd get the Hoffan virus build-up for just saying that there's a 'part Wraith' around...

Did he really think we were that stupid?

Does that mean he doesn't know about the Wraith-retrovirus? He *really* thought he was gonna get that silly deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Charon View Post
                You make a good point. So, would it be self-mutilation or evolution.
                He is bat-chit crazy…first this chap goes off on this vengeance filled murderous tangent because “boohoo you Atlanteans betrayed me TWICE, & my own peeps want to feed on me too waaaaa!”

Then he’s all…”you guys were on the right track doing what you did to me, but I’m still pissed at you” WTF?!?!?

That dude is off his meds…looks like he will have to abduct another doctor to write him a script.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:
                Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                  I think he was having an 'oh gawd, must I really say this again?' moment. Proud Wraith asking for human help.
                  I'm not so sure that Todd's humility wasn't just an act. Maybe it is because I just watched "The Seer"
                  Spoiler:
                  When Sheppard and Ronon are interrogating Todd after they take him prisoner after the brief meeting on the misty planet from McKay's vision, Todd uses the phrase "But I could not guarantee your cooperation simply by throwing myself on your mercy."
                  Like das mentioned in another thread (Wraith Defenders) Todd has a bit of a used car salesman vibe in this episode and I couldn't help wondering if he was just trying a new negotiation tactic on the boys. Todd was acting humble and throwing himself on their mercy because he thought it would get him what he wanted with the least amount of inconvenience on his part. He seems very good at manipulating people to get what he want. And he is so SURE that he is going to win in the end. When Sheppard initially refuses to help, Todd tells him, "You always say that, but you always come around."
                  Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

I find to Todd to be the SGA version of Ba'al/Yu. He is the enemy and wouldn't mind stabbing us in the back if it suited him. On the other hand, he will help us it help him.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                      Not 'creepier' - though there was a moment at the end that he reminded me of the Wraith in Condemned, when he told Sheppard that he'll see what he can do...just something reminded me of our wining and dining friend from that earlier episode.

To me, Todd seemed more confident - he had a definite swagger about him. He wasn't afraid of the humans, acted very nonchalant and comfortable around them - that is, until Ronon suggested they were there to kill him! LOL...totally punked the poor guy!

We've seen Todd aggressive and snarling, we've seen him passive and subdued - I think here we see something right in the middle. He was on his home turf, so perhaps more relaxed than usual...he didn't have to put on his more human side. I DO think Todd was more Wraith-like in this episode...if that translates as 'creepy' to you, so be it.

Personally, I found him rather sexy (or...pervy) in this episode...especially when he suggested that Teyla would make a 'very tasty meal'....

das
                      Hi das That was the Magistrate in Condemened not Sheppard. Sheppard was stranded on the prisoner island. I don't know what you were thinking of

LS

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky
                        Hi das That was the Magistrate in Condemened not Sheppard. Sheppard was stranded on the prisoner island. I don't know what you were thinking of

LS

I worded that in a confusing way - I meant that - when Todd told Sheppard he would see what he could do, he reminded me of the Wraith in Condemned. I see how I first said it is a bit confusing...

sorry.

das
                        sigpic

Comment

The man has some awesome dialog... the response that he makes after Ronon says "We Could Kill you" was hilarious. It was almost Bushido in taste.

I wish though that his crew would have something different about them... like a marking of some sort... but still with the "'1984' faceless name". Like a crew of tattooed wraith on their face so when they wear their battle gear you don't actually see that they have tattoos... but when they aren't faceless they show some character as they are part of Todd's Crew.

And as for the original question. No, slightly changed, yes... as I said... a taste of Bushido in him. But nothing extra creepy.

Maybe it was the Wraith Base that made him a tad bit more creepy, we all know now that the bases are where bad things happen, and that itself is pretty scary that there are other bases around there like it.

Comment

*Gets up pretty late, watches Mikey/Todd scenes again before getting prepped for the day*

*Ish hungry when Michael brings Teyla you-know-what*

*Licks it off*

Oh! Das. How did you like the 'previously' part, the part where Todd says 'Ah. They've picked up my signal.'

That 'ah' is soooo aaahhh.

Comment

Silly question. In 'The Gift' we learn of a Wraith that did experiments on humans. Whose DNA did he work with? His own? Cos he was working alone, and so there's no other DNA available except for his own?

What if Michael can take over Teyla like he did in 'Michael', and then there's the 'The Kindred I' dialogue, because it's his own DNA in her? He might not have realized before because he didn't know what was special about Teyla, but with Carson there, he might know now. I don't remember if he exactly knew what it was before...

Thoughts?

Comment

Just a quick reply because I'm pressed for time...but this was on JM's blog - a piece of dialogue cut from the Kindred...enjoy!

Todd requests our help

This scene was pretty much unchanged for the original draft. However, the following exchange was lost for time:

TODD: Our food supply has been so randomly tainted we have no way of knowing if our next meal will be our last.

MCKAY: It’s like a box of chocolates. You never know if you’re going to get the one with the mint filling.

Beat. They all throw him a look.

TODD: If by “mint filling” you mean a toxin so powerful its reward is a certain and very painful death, then yes, I agree with your analogy.

I hope it's in the outtakes!!!

das
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X