Farscape CD/DVD News and Releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go with the Starburst edition.
    Apperently it has newly recored commentaries on it in addition to the old ones.
    So that means more extra material for you. Plus it's cheaper and that's good.

The only down side is that you have to wait to get all seasons since they're in the middle of releasing them.

Comment

Personally, I couldn't tell ya. I only own the Single box sets (example: Season 4.1 or Season 2.2)
      sigpic

Comment

Somebody said there are playback issues with some of the Starburst editions double sided discs. Anybody know if that's true?
        *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
        Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

What, the Starburst Edition's are just newly released or what?
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            What, the Starburst Edition's are just newly released or what?
            no, they're not actually newly released. The First Starburst edition DVD came out a little over a year ago (November 16, 2004). The newest edition (season 3 collection 1) is due out December 13, 2005
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
              no, they're not actually newly released. The First Starburst edition DVD came out a little over a year ago (November 16, 2004). The newest edition (season 3 collection 1) is due out December 13, 2005
              Thanks for the heads up, NIWDA.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'd go with starbust (Which came out after I got season 1 ... )
                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I'm buying Starburst. I could never force myself to pony up $150 for a boxed set. The new edition is a bargain ($75 or less per season), plus it has more bonus features.

The only playback issue I've run into so far is that every episode is default to play with the captions ON (for my player, at least). It's very annoying to have to go into the player menu and turn off subtitles every time.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Is that on all of the starburst dvd's?
                    *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
                    Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

Yes, you will here it here exclusively at sescapers.com and no where else. We at the Southeast Scapers website have been striving, since we re-opened our doors in September, to give you continued informaton on our beloved show Farscape and let the magic of the show continue, if only in our hearts.

The spirit of that commitment is no better served then on this day, March 31.

The April guest blogger for sescapers.com is Matt Verboys, Vice President of LaLa Land Records, who puts together the wonderful Farscape soundtracks. In his April blog, he announces the two episodes that will be included on the highly anticipated Farscape Vol. 2 CD. Please follow the link to read his blog and find out what two episode faves will be included. And if you post this information somewhere else, please give the Southeast Scapers' website credit. I have worked hard to build a relationship with each of my guest bloggers.

http://www.sescapers.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=436

Also, don't forget, LaLa Land Records will be giving away a copy of the new Farscape CD on my site when it comes out.

Enjoy,

BA

Comment

I have a question for anyone who can answer:

What is the differences between the regular Farscape Boxed Sets from the Starburst Edition DVDs?

Details are important.

Thank you,
                        Mattathias

Comment

For one thing, they are much cheaper. Much!!! And, they have new special features on them apparently.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I believe the Starburst editions are just a few episodes of the season, not all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                              I have a question for anyone who can answer:

What is the differences between the regular Farscape Boxed Sets from the Starburst Edition DVDs?

Details are important.

Thank you,
                              Mattathias
                              The details are:

Starburst edition contain 14 COMPLETELY NEW episode commentaries recorded by Claudia, Ben, David Kemper and Rockne O'Bannon in summer of 2004 EXCLUSIVELY for this edition. Of course, these new commentaries are the addition to previously released ones, which are included in this edition too. Another thing, there are more new interviews, also recorded in 2004 (Brian Henson or Virginia Hey for example). Guy Gross (composer) talks about music for several episodes, it's also a new thing. Also, they dug up from Henson Company archives stuff never released before - rough recordings before ADR (Additional Dialogue Recording) sessions, you can hear in them puppeteers talking for Rygel and Pilot, not Lani and Jonathan. And with all these ADDITIONAl extras Starburst is really cheap, much cheaper than previous editions. And, what's really important, there are subtitles included for people with hearing troubles.

Each season (there are 3 FULL seasons released now, the first volume of 4th season will be available June 13th) consists of 3 volumes, each volume contains 7-8 episodes plus Extra features.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie
                                I believe the Starburst editions are just a few episodes of the season, not all of them.
                                Wrong. FULL seasons from the start with the new (and old) extras.

Comment

Working...
                                X