Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanaan

Default Kanaan

Spoiler:
    So we find out he's not a wraithworshipper. he's a wraith...
    hybrid. And did Michael look more human this time around?
    I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Default Re: Kanaan

If I know well, his name is Kannan. Canaan is from Bible.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    If I know well, his name is Kannan. Canaan is from Bible.
    I haven't seen his name spelled anywhere and the last spelling I've seen is Kanaan, so I just going with that
    I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

First Lieutenant JackHarkness_Hot's Avatar

He's looks more human cos as stated in the episode, he has modified on Dr. Beckett's retrovirus to make "the perfect balance" between Wraith and human which resulted the removal of some Wraith in him [Michael] including the feeding mechanism on his hand and thus that is why, he looks more human.

Quote Originally Posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
    He's looks more human cos as stated in the episode, he has modified on Dr. Beckett's retrovirus to make "the perfect balance" between Wraith and human which resulted the removal of some Wraith in him [Michael] including the feeding mechanism on his hand and thus that is why, he looks more human.
    Figured as much. Don't know what version of him I like.

Oh yea, I do.

Human Michael!

Conan O'Brien will probably die in the next episode.

Having a soap opera like love affair with Teyla wont wash.

Quote Originally Posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
    Conan O'Brien will probably die in the next episode.

Having a soap opera like love affair with Teyla wont wash.

Oh my god!
    Conan O'Brien is the father of Teylas child!

And here the writers has led us to believe it was Kanaan!

Chief Master Sergeant Sweetsong's Avatar

I thought I'd read somewhere that Kanaan was going to be played by Stelios of 300 (Michael Fassbender) that guy certainly was not him. =/

Kanaan is the spelling my closed captioning gave. The name nagged at me for a while- not 'cos of the Canaan thing which I caught and dismissed, but because I could have sworn there was a Kanan in SG-1 and sure enough, there was. Minus the extra a. The actor looked really familiar, too. I kept wanting to make him a Jaffa or Goa'uld. Teal'c's friend, maybe. I'm sure it's someone else entirely, but it keeps bothering me. *shrug* Oh well.

Is this the first time we've seen him? Seems a nice enough sort although the fact that he has Wraith genes too seemed awfully convenient. It also had me wondering if they were related. I'd have thought Teyla would have mentioned it a lot sooner if others in her village were wraith detectors, but maybe she made an offhand comment along the way and I never picked up on it. Or forgot.

I wonder what Michael did to him. And did he do it to ALL the villagers or just the ones with wraithy senses?

EDIT: Kanaan is how Gateworld is spelling it, too, and looking at pics of him I'm pretty positive he isn't Teal'c's Jaffa buddy, but he still looks kinda familiar.
    Last edited by ShadowMaat; February 23rd, 2008 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melfan View Post

Oh my god!
    Conan O'Brien is the father of Teylas child!

And here the writers has led us to believe it was Kanaan!
    Tut tut tut, you've all seen that it's clearly Michael's...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

From a totally shallow point of view I really couldn't see what Teyla was so bothered about over Kanaan. I was hoping for some totally shameless eye candy, instead we go Sheppard's weedy little brother-a-like.

Pity

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpikey View Post
    Tut tut tut, you've all seen that it's clearly Michael's...
    If it's turns out that the child has red hair, we see who has the last laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Arica12 View Post
    From a totally shallow point of view I really couldn't see what Teyla was so bothered about over Kanaan. I was hoping for some totally shameless eye candy, instead we go Sheppard's weedy little brother-a-like.

Pity
    Shallow person!
    I totally understand what you mean, but they have a thing in common. They both have wraith DNA in them, thus makies them a match made in heaven...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat View Post

Is this the first time we've seen him? Seems a nice enough sort although the fact that he has Wraith genes too seemed awfully convenient. It also had me wondering if they were related. I'd have thought Teyla would have mentioned it a lot sooner if others in her village were wraith detectors, but maybe she made an offhand comment along the way and I never picked up on it. Or forgot.
    I thinkhe was on before. check thsi thread for pictures to compare

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1104

For some reason when I saw the topic title the first thought that entered my mind was...

KHAAAAAAAAAAANNN~~~!!!

Spoiler:
    So we find out he's not a wraithworshipper. he's a wraith...
    hybrid. And did Michael look more human this time around?
    Is that what he is? A hybrid? I have to say the whole thing was lost on me, I couldn't work out if he was meant to just be a worshipper, an experiment or a new creation, part of Michael's supreme race? A master race I guess?

Well it continues to add to the unethical/immoral nature of this retrovirus storyline so I guess it is at least consistent... for a change.

The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator Emeritus)

Teyla did mention that there were others, I am not sure the episode but I think it was 'The Gift'. Darn, I don't have time to go check it out right now.

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Quote Originally Posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    Is that what he is? A hybrid? I have to say the whole thing was lost on me, I couldn't work out if he was meant to just be a worshipper, an experiment or a new creation, part of Michael's supreme race? A master race I guess?

Well it continues to add to the unethical/immoral nature of this retrovirus storyline so I guess it is at least consistent... for a change.
    I hope we get the answers next week

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Teyla did mention that there were others, I am not sure the episode but I think it was 'The Gift'. Darn, I don't have time to go check it out right now.
    I'll take your word for it although that does make me all the more curious as to why Atlantis didn't take advantage of these people when they had the chance. Yes, Teyla had the best relationship with the team, but if anyone had showed even the remotest interest in the Athosians (other than considering them a pain in the ass) then a more in-depth study could have been done into the hows and whys of the "outcasts" abilities as well as giving them a place where they'd fit in and be appreciated.

Er...

OK, given how Teyla gets treated, maybe appreciated isn't the right word, but you know what I mean. It'd have been a good way to make Teyla more central, would have allowed her to show off her wacky leadership skills and it would have given the Athosians an actual purpose beyond birthing Teyla. Then we might actually have gotten to know Kanaan and thus understood and felt her loss more keenly.

If it's turns out that the child has red hair, we see who has the last laugh
    *Tries to think of someone on Atlantis with red hair...*

Teyla had it in the beginning...

Maybe Todd bleaches his.

Shallow person!
    I totally understand what you mean, but they have a thing in common. They both have wraith DNA in them, thus makies them a match made in heaven...
    I have to agree, I think. I'd much prefer Michael over Kanaan. Plus, Michael definitely understands Wraith DNA...

I wonder how they're gonna get the people back the way they were. Wraith retrovirus?

I'd have thought Teyla would have mentioned it a lot sooner if others in her village were wraith detectors, but maybe she made an offhand comment along the way and I never picked up on it. Or forgot.

I wonder what Michael did to him. And did he do it to ALL the villagers or just the ones with wraithy senses?
    It's what the season 1 episode "The Gift" is all about (ep 1x20). Teyla talks about it, because she's having nightmares about her being a Wraith.

She said that there's some people in her village who can sense the Wraith. Some have a strong gift, others have it in a weak form. She herself has always been among the first ones to feel the Wraith Darts coming. That's why they turned to her for leadership.

Later on, she follows the feeling she gets when a Dart is approaching, straight into a Wraith Hive Ship to see if she can figure out what their plan is to invade Atlantis.

I rewatched this ep, together with Poisoning the Well so I could better follow The Kindred. Turned out to be a very good choice.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast