Kanaan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    Is this the first time we've seen him? Seems a nice enough sort although the fact that he has Wraith genes too seemed awfully convenient. It also had me wondering if they were related. I'd have thought Teyla would have mentioned it a lot sooner if others in her village were wraith detectors, but maybe she made an offhand comment along the way and I never picked up on it. Or forgot.
    Teyla did mention that there were others, I am not sure the episode but I think it was 'The Gift'. Darn, I don't have time to go check it out right now.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      Is that what he is? A hybrid? I have to say the whole thing was lost on me, I couldn't work out if he was meant to just be a worshipper, an experiment or a new creation, part of Michael's supreme race? A master race I guess?

Well it continues to add to the unethical/immoral nature of this retrovirus storyline so I guess it is at least consistent... for a change.
      I hope we get the answers next week
      I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
        Teyla did mention that there were others, I am not sure the episode but I think it was 'The Gift'. Darn, I don't have time to go check it out right now.
        I'll take your word for it although that does make me all the more curious as to why Atlantis didn't take advantage of these people when they had the chance. Yes, Teyla had the best relationship with the team, but if anyone had showed even the remotest interest in the Athosians (other than considering them a pain in the ass) then a more in-depth study could have been done into the hows and whys of the "outcasts" abilities as well as giving them a place where they'd fit in and be appreciated.

Er...

OK, given how Teyla gets treated, maybe appreciated isn't the right word, but you know what I mean. It'd have been a good way to make Teyla more central, would have allowed her to show off her wacky leadership skills and it would have given the Athosians an actual purpose beyond birthing Teyla. Then we might actually have gotten to know Kanaan and thus understood and felt her loss more keenly.

Comment

Originally posted by melfan View Post
          If it's turns out that the child has red hair, we see who has the last laugh
          *Tries to think of someone on Atlantis with red hair...*

Teyla had it in the beginning...

Maybe Todd bleaches his.

Shallow person!
          I totally understand what you mean, but they have a thing in common. They both have wraith DNA in them, thus makies them a match made in heaven...
          I have to agree, I think. I'd much prefer Michael over Kanaan. Plus, Michael definitely understands Wraith DNA...

I wonder how they're gonna get the people back the way they were. Wraith retrovirus?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I'd have thought Teyla would have mentioned it a lot sooner if others in her village were wraith detectors, but maybe she made an offhand comment along the way and I never picked up on it. Or forgot.

I wonder what Michael did to him. And did he do it to ALL the villagers or just the ones with wraithy senses?
            It's what the season 1 episode "The Gift" is all about (ep 1x20). Teyla talks about it, because she's having nightmares about her being a Wraith.

She said that there's some people in her village who can sense the Wraith. Some have a strong gift, others have it in a weak form. She herself has always been among the first ones to feel the Wraith Darts coming. That's why they turned to her for leadership.

Later on, she follows the feeling she gets when a Dart is approaching, straight into a Wraith Hive Ship to see if she can figure out what their plan is to invade Atlantis.

I rewatched this ep, together with Poisoning the Well so I could better follow The Kindred. Turned out to be a very good choice.

Comment

then a more in-depth study could have been done into the hows and whys of the "outcasts" abilities as well as giving them a place where they'd fit in and be appreciated.

Er...

OK, given how Teyla gets treated, maybe appreciated isn't the right word, but you know what I mean. It'd have been a good way to make Teyla more central, would have allowed her to show off her wacky leadership skills and it would have given the Athosians an actual purpose beyond birthing Teyla. Then we might actually have gotten to know Kanaan and thus understood and felt her loss more keenly.
              Again, "The Gift". Teyla had her DNA checked out, and Dr. Beckett said that at first glance there was nothing wrong with it. It looked very human, and Wraith DNA looks totally different. So she couldn't be that. Then he looked more closely at individual pieces, or whatever, and even more deeper than that. That's when he saw that she possessed a little bit of Wraith DNA. It was kind of a confirmation on what she must have known on a level, but it still wasn't easy to find that out.

Later she goes to visit the village elder Charin, and asks her if she knows where she got it from. Charin explains that there was some talk about an experiment that was done on some people. It ends up with Teyla having a gate address to some secret laboratory where they find a memory stick like Wraith device, which Elisabeth then translates. It appeared that some 5 generations ago, a lone Wraith was experimenting with inserting Wraith DNA into humans, to adapt something about the feeding process, and all of this nicely behind the backs of the other Wraith (he wasn't allowed to do the research.) So he would cull people, change them, and then just put them back on the planet where he took them (I think it was one planet, not multiple). After some time it turned out to have been a very stupid idea, as with the slight insertion of Wraith DNA into a human, the human gets access to the telepathy network of the Wraith. Big mistake. Now, most of the people went insane, or turned into a murderer, because they couldn't shut out the voices. The scientist at first left it at this, because he thought the 'gift' would go away when interbreeding with normal humans. But it didn't. After the altered people were hunted down by the common ones, a lot of them slaughtered, some of them austricized, the Wraith took down all the humans on the planet (must have noticed the gift wasn't going anywhere). So basically the ones who got away are now ancestors of Athosians, the gift doesn't go away, but what they did learn in those generations was a kind of shielding from the network. They no longer go insane cos of the voices.

Teyla didn't even know until this ep that she could hear their voices.

Was this episode in-depth enough for you? About all we didn't get was the scientist's name...

Some guess it's Todd. Maybe some even think of Michael, although he didn't know she was a hybrid...

Comment

Originally posted by melfan View Post
                Shallow person!
                I totally understand what you mean, but they have a thing in common. They both have wraith DNA in them, thus makies them a match made in heaven...
                Grrr, should really go to bed (but that's when the silliness comes out of me):

Yo, Teyla, you have Wraith DNA, I have Wraith DNA, so let's make even more Wraith DNA together.

Now Mikey and Teyla, that's a match made in heaven... And maybe hell, too.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                  Grrr, should really go to bed (but that's when the silliness comes out of me):

Yo, Teyla, you have Wraith DNA, I have Wraith DNA, so let's make even more Wraith DNA together.

Now Mikey and Teyla, that's a match made in heaven... And maybe hell, too.
                  It is definately trouble....that much I know for sure If the only thing that brought her and Kanan together was their similar wraith gene; then that seems a little weak to me but then again the guy is just a frickin plot device....so I can't say that I am all sooo surprised.
                  Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
                  &=AWESOME &Forever
                  No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                    *Tries to think of someone on Atlantis with red hair...*

Teyla had it in the beginning...

Maybe Todd bleaches his.
                    Todd with red hair!!
                    Or wait a minute! That would totally rock!
                    Todd is the only wraith with red hair,but bleeched it because the other wraith made fun of him

I have to agree, I think. I'd much prefer Michael over Kanaan. Plus, Michael definitely understands Wraith DNA...

I wonder how they're gonna get the people back the way they were. Wraith retrovirus?
                    It's a tie between Kanaan and Michael, but Michael has the upperhand
                    I guess they have to use the antidote they used on Sheppard in Conversion
                    I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Michael's plans for Teyla's baby raises a question: When did Michael turn Kanaan not turn him into a hybrid but turn him to serve his cause. It is possible that Michael turned him before he took the Athosians because Teyla was 2 months preganant before the Athosians were taken.

Meaning Michael turned Kanaan long before kidnapping the Athosians. It is possible Kanaan is the reason Michael found the Athosians.

Michael would use his mind powers to look for Teyla with her Wraith DNA but found Kanaan and the Athosians instead. He influence Kaanan to impregnate Teyla with his child and to help him kidnap the Athosians, unwillingly or willingly. just a theory.
                      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

[QUOTE=GoSpikey;7786385]
                        It appeared that some 5 generations ago, a lone Wraith was experimenting with inserting Wraith DNA into humans, to adapt something about the feeding process, and all of this nicely behind the backs of the other Wraith (he wasn't allowed to do the research.) So he would cull people, change them, and then just put them back on the planet where he took them (I think it was one planet, not multiple). After some time it turned out to have been a very stupid idea, as with the slight insertion of Wraith DNA into a human, the human gets access to the telepathy network of the Wraith. Big mistake. Now, most of the people went insane, or turned into a murderer, because they couldn't shut out the voices. The scientist at first left it at this, because he thought the 'gift' would go away when interbreeding with normal humans. But it didn't. After the altered people were hunted down by the common ones, a lot of them slaughtered, some of them austricized, the Wraith took down all the humans on the planet (must have noticed the gift wasn't going anywhere). So basically the ones who got away are now ancestors of Athosians, the gift doesn't go away, but what they did learn in those generations was a kind of shielding from the network. They no longer go insane cos of the voices.

Teyla didn't even know until this ep that she could hear their voices.

]

hate to disagree but the wraith scientist was right about the telepathy/gift being watered down by breeding with normal humans. he was himself hunted down by his fellow wraith after they discovered his research but by then he had already released his experiments. his fellow wraith then culled the whole planet to destroy any of his surviving experiments but a few were able to escape thru the gate.
                        they didnt learn how to shield themselves from the network they just lost the ability to connect to the wraith network without concious thought/effort cause the gift got watered down thru the suceeding generations. no doubt those posessing a stronger gift like teyla have more than one ancestor with wraith DNA and probably never occured to them to try and hear the voices or that it was possible.
                        takes great concentration from teyla for her to connect but wraith can multitask whilst being connected

okay im gonna shut up now before i completely ramble off
                        Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
                          hate to disagree but the wraith scientist was right about the telepathy/gift being watered down by breeding with normal humans. he was himself hunted down by his fellow wraith after they discovered his research but by then he had already released his experiments. his fellow wraith then culled the whole planet to destroy any of his surviving experiments but a few were able to escape thru the gate.
                          they didnt learn how to shield themselves from the network they just lost the ability to connect to the wraith network without concious thought/effort cause the gift got watered down thru the suceeding generations. no doubt those posessing a stronger gift like teyla have more than one ancestor with wraith DNA and probably never occured to them to try and hear the voices or that it was possible.
                          takes great concentration from teyla for her to connect but wraith can multitask whilst being connected

okay im gonna shut up now before i completely ramble off
                          I'm going to disagree on this because Elizabeth clearly stated he didn't get found out, I think she either said that he cleaned up himself, or the Wraith did it for him.

I really should watch it again, and not at the dead of night.

Comment

I fear, poor Conan O'Brien wont survive Kindred Part II.

=(

There ends a lover's tale.

NEXT.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                              I fear, poor Conan O'Brien wont survive Kindred Part II.

=(

There ends a lover's tale.

NEXT.
                              *Shoves Michael to the front*

There. You have one. They should at least give it their best before they reverse time...

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                                Michael's plans for Teyla's baby raises a question: When did Michael turn Kanaan not turn him into a hybrid but turn him to serve his cause. It is possible that Michael turned him before he took the Athosians because Teyla was 2 months preganant before the Athosians were taken.

Meaning Michael turned Kanaan long before kidnapping the Athosians. It is possible Kanaan is the reason Michael found the Athosians.

Michael would use his mind powers to look for Teyla with her Wraith DNA but found Kanaan and the Athosians instead. He influence Kaanan to impregnate Teyla with his child and to help him kidnap the Athosians, unwillingly or willingly. just a theory.
                                That is a very good point. WE never heard of Kanaan before, well iirc, and michael seemed to know a lot more than most other wraiths do about the Athosians.. Perhaps he was a wraith worshiper..

Comment

Working...
                                X