Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kanaan

Spoiler:
    So we find out he's not a wraithworshipper. he's a wraith...
    hybrid. And did Michael look more human this time around?
    I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

If I know well, his name is Kannan. Canaan is from Bible.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      If I know well, his name is Kannan. Canaan is from Bible.
      I haven't seen his name spelled anywhere and the last spelling I've seen is Kanaan, so I just going with that
      I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

He's looks more human cos as stated in the episode, he has modified on Dr. Beckett's retrovirus to make "the perfect balance" between Wraith and human which resulted the removal of some Wraith in him [Michael] including the feeding mechanism on his hand and thus that is why, he looks more human.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
          He's looks more human cos as stated in the episode, he has modified on Dr. Beckett's retrovirus to make "the perfect balance" between Wraith and human which resulted the removal of some Wraith in him [Michael] including the feeding mechanism on his hand and thus that is why, he looks more human.
          Figured as much. Don't know what version of him I like.

Oh yea, I do.

Human Michael!

Comment

Conan O'Brien will probably die in the next episode.

Having a soap opera like love affair with Teyla wont wash.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
              Conan O'Brien will probably die in the next episode.

Having a soap opera like love affair with Teyla wont wash.

Oh my god!
              Conan O'Brien is the father of Teylas child!

And here the writers has led us to believe it was Kanaan!

Comment

I thought I'd read somewhere that Kanaan was going to be played by Stelios of 300 (Michael Fassbender) that guy certainly was not him. =/

Comment

Kanaan is the spelling my closed captioning gave. The name nagged at me for a while- not 'cos of the Canaan thing which I caught and dismissed, but because I could have sworn there was a Kanan in SG-1 and sure enough, there was. Minus the extra a. The actor looked really familiar, too. I kept wanting to make him a Jaffa or Goa'uld. Teal'c's friend, maybe. I'm sure it's someone else entirely, but it keeps bothering me. *shrug* Oh well.

Is this the first time we've seen him? Seems a nice enough sort although the fact that he has Wraith genes too seemed awfully convenient. It also had me wondering if they were related. I'd have thought Teyla would have mentioned it a lot sooner if others in her village were wraith detectors, but maybe she made an offhand comment along the way and I never picked up on it. Or forgot.

I wonder what Michael did to him. And did he do it to ALL the villagers or just the ones with wraithy senses?

EDIT: Kanaan is how Gateworld is spelling it, too, and looking at pics of him I'm pretty positive he isn't Teal'c's Jaffa buddy, but he still looks kinda familiar.
                  Last edited by ShadowMaat; 23 February 2008, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by melfan View Post

Oh my god!
                    Conan O'Brien is the father of Teylas child!

And here the writers has led us to believe it was Kanaan!
                    Tut tut tut, you've all seen that it's clearly Michael's...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

From a totally shallow point of view I really couldn't see what Teyla was so bothered about over Kanaan. I was hoping for some totally shameless eye candy, instead we go Sheppard's weedy little brother-a-like.

Pity

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                        Tut tut tut, you've all seen that it's clearly Michael's...
                        If it's turns out that the child has red hair, we see who has the last laugh

Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
                        From a totally shallow point of view I really couldn't see what Teyla was so bothered about over Kanaan. I was hoping for some totally shameless eye candy, instead we go Sheppard's weedy little brother-a-like.

Pity
                        Shallow person!
                        I totally understand what you mean, but they have a thing in common. They both have wraith DNA in them, thus makies them a match made in heaven...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post

Is this the first time we've seen him? Seems a nice enough sort although the fact that he has Wraith genes too seemed awfully convenient. It also had me wondering if they were related. I'd have thought Teyla would have mentioned it a lot sooner if others in her village were wraith detectors, but maybe she made an offhand comment along the way and I never picked up on it. Or forgot.
                          I thinkhe was on before. check thsi thread for pictures to compare

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1104

Comment

For some reason when I saw the topic title the first thought that entered my mind was...

KHAAAAAAAAAAANNN~~~!!!

Comment

Originally posted by melfan View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              So we find out he's not a wraithworshipper. he's a wraith...
                              hybrid. And did Michael look more human this time around?
                              Is that what he is? A hybrid? I have to say the whole thing was lost on me, I couldn't work out if he was meant to just be a worshipper, an experiment or a new creation, part of Michael's supreme race? A master race I guess?

Well it continues to add to the unethical/immoral nature of this retrovirus storyline so I guess it is at least consistent... for a change.

Comment

Working...
                              X