Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We had to destroy their entire civilization for making a bioweapon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had to destroy their entire civilization for making a bioweapon!

The actual bioweapon research though.... nah I guess we don't need to destroy that.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
    The actual bioweapon research though.... nah I guess we don't need to destroy that.

I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

what do you mean? our copy of the data, or the Hoffman's copy that they insisted on giving to every single one of their people even with 50% causality rates.

Keeping our research notes makes sense as long as no samples are kept. It gives you something to work from later in case you ever see it again.

That's why you have a giant database of that kind of information to begin with.

Comment

Assuming that other people knew about the research and had the scientific know how to recreate the experiments and that said people also had the will to kill 50% of their population.

Seeing as how most of the residents of the Pegasus galaxy live in tents and wooden shacks there's little chance of that, plus the Atlantis expedition would never use the bioweapon as quite rightly so 50% fatality rate is unacceptable and the Wraith now we feel that way.
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

You know for having their civilization wiped out, the city looked suprisingly intact. I would have thought the Wraith would have leveled everything only stopping short of annihilating all life on that world, instead it looks like a half-assed bombing attempt. Sort of a shock and meh campaign.
          Last edited by jds1982; 23 February 2008, 06:48 PM.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

The information on the bioweapon was gone. The Wraith obviously took it when they wiped out the infected Hoffans for their own research, and it's likely that Michael was able to get his hands on it sometime later. He's been a very busy Wraithman, methinks.

das
            sigpic

Comment

Didn't we just leave the Wraith to destroy it? In other words, we let them destroy themselves, and assumed that the Wraith would get rid of something that was bad for them. Unless you're talking about something other than the Hoffans.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
              ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                Didn't we just leave the Wraith to destroy it? In other words, we let them destroy themselves, and assumed that the Wraith would get rid of something that was bad for them. Unless you're talking about something other than the Hoffans.
                The OP was speaking from the Wraith point of view. "We had to destroy their entire civilization for making a bioweapon! The actual bioweapon research though.... nah I guess we don't need to destroy that."

(S)He's saying that the Wraith were silly for not destroying the research.

However, I think the since the whole point of the Hoffan society was to build a number of separate hidden bunkers which contained the whole of their Knowledge the Wraith would have had a hard time of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                  Sort of a shock and meh campaign.
                  Brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                    The OP was speaking from the Wraith point of view. "We had to destroy their entire civilization for making a bioweapon! The actual bioweapon research though.... nah I guess we don't need to destroy that."

(S)He's saying that the Wraith were silly for not destroying the research.

However, I think the since the whole point of the Hoffan society was to build a number of separate hidden bunkers which contained the whole of their Knowledge the Wraith would have had a hard time of it.
                    They probably didn't know where to look for the actually research notes.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      They probably didn't know where to look for the actually research notes.
                      That's what orbital bombardments are for.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                        That's what orbital bombardments are for.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                          The information on the bioweapon was gone. The Wraith obviously took it when they wiped out the infected Hoffans for their own research, and it's likely that Michael was able to get his hands on it sometime later. He's been a very busy Wraithman, methinks.

das
                          They could have taken it, so they could research a work around...

Comment

Err wasn't it supposed to have been hidden away in vaults that had survived numerous other Wraith cullings? The only reason Michael found it was because of Beckett...

Comment

Even if the Wraith did completely wipe out that information there are still two possible alternatives to how Michael could have come across that information. First he could have been part of the Hive that destroyed that civilization back when he was still full Wraith (we don't know anything about his past prior to be getting captured by our guys) or second, he could have gotten the information about the drug when he was probing Beckett's mind. And then he somehow got the Beckett we saw last night to change it along with developing a new retro-virus.

Apparently knowledge of the original drug is common among the Wraith because Todd knew about it.
                              sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

Working...
                              X