This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daudales is gettin' slow...

I understand that Caldwell wasn't supposed to destroy it, but honestly, those asgard beams should have been easily able to fry Michael's engines. It's inexcusible!! They cut through Aurora-class ships easier than that!!!

Originally posted by Spacejumper76 View Post
    I understand that Caldwell wasn't supposed to destroy it, but honestly, those asgard beams should have been easily able to fry Michael's engines. It's inexcusible!! They cut through Aurora-class ships easier than that!!!
    Wraith have real thick armor, they were fighting for all of a minute and it took 'heavy' damage. I thought it was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacejumper76 View Post
      But it's not as if the beams hit and were ineffective; they missed. You forget, the beams are a directional weapon; once you fire, if your target moves you're going to miss. The cruiser was just agile enough to avoid the beams, nothing wrong with that. It's actually good to see that the "almighty Asgard beam" can't KO everything in one try.

EDIT: Besides, all we ever saw/heard fire at the cruiser prior to that last shot were the rail guns; presumably, the beams were never used until we actually saw them.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

They need to send whoever was in charge of shooting back to earth till he learns how to actually hit things and replace him with some who can actually hit a target. I suppose we should be grateful that the guy shooting tonight wasn't the one in charge when they launched the attack on the Replicator planet.
        sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
          Wraith have real thick armor, they were fighting for all of a minute and it took 'heavy' damage. I thought it was fine.
          Pleaaaaaaaase... They were using rail guns up until the end...It was a plot contrivance. You see a Wraith ship that opens fire, you use the beam weapons. Simple as that. I wish they could have found another way of dealing with the situation...

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
            Pleaaaaaaaase... They were using rail guns up until the end...It was a plot contrivance. You see a Wraith ship that opens fire, you use the beam weapons. Simple as that. I wish they could have found another way of dealing with the situation...
            Since they didn't show anything, who knows. But in reality, yes, the plot dictated the ship couldn't be blown to hell.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              But it's not as if the beams hit and were ineffective; they missed. You forget, the beams are a directional weapon; once you fire, if your target moves you're going to miss. The cruiser was just agile enough to avoid the beams, nothing wrong with that. It's actually good to see that the "almighty Asgard beam" can't KO everything in one try.

EDIT: Besides, all we ever saw/heard fire at the cruiser prior to that last shot were the rail guns; presumably, the beams were never used until we actually saw them.
              Yes, that's fine and well, but the Daedalus is even more maneuvrable. Realistically, the cruiser should've been blown to pieces. They should have used the beam weapons from the get go. It was just something silly, to suit the plot.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                Yes, that's fine and well, but the Daedalus is even more maneuvrable. Realistically, the cruiser should've been blown to pieces. They should have used the beam weapons from the get go. It was just something silly, to suit the plot.
                True, but my point still stands about the beams themselves; if your target is slow or big, you can hit it. But if it's small and fast, the beams are going to be pretty mich useless.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

True, but my point still stands about the beams themselves; if your target is slow or big, you can hit it. But if it's small and fast, the beams are going to be pretty mich useless.
                  I agree, but if the plot hadn't required for the ship to survive, the Daedalus wouldn't have been moving in slow motion. We've seen that it's extremely maneuvrable, as it's a relatively small ship...Like I said, they did it to suit the situation. Which is fine, but it gets annoying when, in other episodes, again, to suit the situation, you may see it zipping around, taking out ship after ship with just 2-3 shots...

Comment

LOL. Complete plot device (brings back memories of BAMSR'd), but is even much worse in this case.

Beams slow? In all sci-fi, not SGA bull, beam weapons travel at or near speed of light!

Beams will hit anything if your aiming is on.

1 beam hit = destroyed cruiser, it would definitely cause massive damage leading to its destruction, or dissect a cruiser if it hit sideways (which happened to an Aurora in BAMSR'd, Auroras are far larger than a Cruiser).

So obviously, due to plot device, the Daedalus has been firing maybe 1 rail gun at the cruiser, in very short burst during this time.

Keep in mind that railguns have been upgraded, CGI different, a lot of damage to unshielded Auroras. So if they opened up with all their railguns=dead Cruiser as well.

Obviously, the Daedalus was protecting the Cruiser. Doh. The little baby crusier, here is some Mama's milk

Comment

That's true, but it erks me, too! It cut through GOD KNOWS HOW MANY AURORAS IN BAMSR!!!! And the Travelers' aurora was able to take out that cruiser easily (once the weapons were up)! Curse you plot line! CURSSSSE YOUUUUUU!

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                        LOL. Complete plot device (brings back memories of BAMSR'd), but is even much worse in this case.

Beams slow? In all sci-fi, not SGA bull, beam weapons travel at or near speed of light!

Beams will hit anything if your aiming is on.

1 beam hit = destroyed cruiser, it would definitely cause massive damage leading to its destruction, or dissect a cruiser if it hit sideways (which happened to an Aurora in BAMSR'd, Auroras are far larger than a Cruiser).

So obviously, due to plot device, the Daedalus has been firing maybe 1 rail gun at the cruiser, in very short burst during this time.

Keep in mind that railguns have been upgraded, CGI different, a lot of damage to unshielded Auroras. So if they opened up with all their railguns=dead Cruiser as well.

Obviously, the Daedalus was protecting the Cruiser. Doh. The little baby crusier, here is some Mama's milk
                        No, lasers travel at lightspeed. Beam weapons (being plasma) travel much, much slower. There's nothing wrong with the speed of the beams.

Comment

No, lasers travel at lightspeed. Beam weapons (being plasma) travel much, much slower. There's nothing wrong with the speed of the beams.
                          Indeed. The speed of the beam has been consistent. It's the way the Daedalus moved so slowly and only used rail guns at first that was annoying...But I guess we can blame the chick.
                          "Sorry, sir..."
                          "Well, screw you! Take her to the brig!"

Comment

They did heavy damage to the cruiser with just the railgun's alone, and i dont' think the Asgard beam's would miss, it's just that they were trying to disable the ship, not destroy it. The chick did say "i think so" when caldwell asked her if she could disable it, so she obviously was'nt 100% confident, besides the beam weapons are designed for 1 shot 1 kill, they were never meant to disable.

Comment

Speed of beam weapons are inconsisent, as inconsistent as the speed of the drones.

Examples: Asuran satellite beam weapon hitting the ocean from Orbit in roughly 1-2 seconds (near the speed of light).

Drone example: Drones reaching Annubis fleet in orbit a few seconds after being fired. Then a drone having trouble catching up to a dodging helicopter driven by John.

Hey, it is sci-fi. But don't be under the delusions about consistency.

Comment

Working...
                              X