X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robots and Flying Saucers (411)

Stargate: Horizon
    Robots and Flying Saucers

Tom and David find themselves in a virtual simulation which resembles a 1950's science fiction movie.

Check it out!

Then stop back here for comments and discussion!
    Outstanding
    22.22%
    Good
    33.33%
    Fair
    16.67%
    Poor
    16.67%
    Terrible
    11.11%
    Last edited by Alex Rubit; 21 February 2008, 12:11 PM.

The episode is now up on the site!

Definitely an unusual episode to kick off the new run, but we're finally back with all new episodes!

I'm really curious to see the reactions to this one.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

hey what's wrong with the file its says its damage and cannot be repaired

Comment

That's weird. It's coming up fine when I click on it. Have you tried to download it straight from the website?

Comment

hank. You safe us professor
          minor spelling error, right in the opening sequence.

other than all that I have only one thing to say.

Comment

OK, not the best kind of episode to get back from hiatus (or to start *watching* Horizon).
            The story was simplistic, and the resolution.... I guess another word for simplistic, but you know.... I don't care (I don't know if this good mood comes from the long awaited Horizon fix after a long withdrawal, nevermind!)

The episode was fun. And sometimes that's the only thing that matters. I really liked a few things:
            a) Continuity: some small things in the beginning, although small they certainly add to the whole *series* experience.
            b) Character/Universe. I like that almost all the main characters (and some secondary characters too) have rich back stories, that they do have a "life" and do things like a regular Joe (For instance the hinting about the 7pm regular activities between Tom and David): They are not bland nor one dimensional characters.
            c) Zach. I'm actually linking a lot this character. You couldn't put him in a more awkward situation and I would love to see those scenes. This character was however, one dimensional.
            d) The Hat related scenes...

Although I liked the episode, I really hope for a regular Horizon/Stargate episode next week.

** 1/2 out of 4
            Last edited by jmm; 21 February 2008, 06:45 PM. Reason: Minor fixes

Comment

Nice All the topics were there: military, robots, the boy, the woman... even the ending was so typical!

Three spelling errors: 2 x "safe" instead of "save" (1 in the teaser and 1 in the ending scenes) and when Tom make his list of writers, he says "Asmimov" Good wink using Asimov as the military character, by the way

The episode was obviously "plane", indeed, but well conducted.

Nice job and I'm already waiting for the next one!
              sigpic
              ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
              - That's a lie!!!
              - Indeed it is...

Comment

Originally posted by jmm View Post
                OK, not the best kind of episode to get back from hiatus (or to start *watching* Horizon).
                The story was simplistic, and the resolution.... I guess another word for simplistic, but you know.... I don't care (I don't know if this good mood comes from the long awaited Horizon fix after a long withdrawal, nevermind!)
                Yeah, it's definitely not the best episode to come back with after a hiatus. And as I said before, we never planned to have such a long break between "Temple of Secrets" and this one.

We purposely haven't had a huge announcement yet about the return of new episodes, because I wanted to wait until early next week. Usually, whenever we have a big news story up it'll attract some first time readers, and like you said, this isn't the ideal episode to give someone their first impression of the series. It's a fun episode, but definitely not an example of what the series usually is.

c) Zach. I'm actually linking a lot this character. You couldn't put him in a more awkward situation and I would love to see those scenes. This character was however, one dimensional.
                I'm glad to hear that. It's time people started giving Zach a chance. I'm the first to admit that it's taken us a while to really get a handle on his character, and I'm not entirely happy with the way he was written back in Season Two myself. But now I think he's turned into a great character. He's a unique personality, but certainly not the over-the-top weird guy that he was when he was first introduced.

Did you mean that Zach was one-dimensional? If so, I would have to say I really don't think he is. You just need to look at episodes like "Countdown" or "Together We Stand." But the goal is to develop him further and further as the series progresses.

Although I liked the episode, I really hope for a regular Horizon/Stargate episode next week.
                Next week will be part one of the big Earth two parter. We'll be seeing the return of a couple of familiar faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Senku View Post
                  Tom make his list of writers, he says "Asmimov"
                  Wait. What makes you think that was a mistake? Alfonso Asmimov is one of my all time favorite writers.

Comment

Hey Alex... loved it...favorite of the season so far....although this season has been getting stronger with each ep.

First, the obvious humor, it was brilliant done, kudos to the writer.

Especially the Zach on drugs was extremely funny, and well written, I wish I could do that.

Tom was amusing during the event in his whole noble thing.

Also, another small arc continued, however this one was mostly singular, it brought back blefeld,(sp) and of course Arina, Jaret, and his group. Speaking of which, Arina was also funny trying to explain herself.

Another great Timilia ep, I loved this one, and the last one, for very different reasons, this one was indeed 'a wild ride.'

Also, I do not know if it is official, but I imagined Gordon as Chuck, and I was nearly on the floor laughing, he is so perfect for the

And, it was about Page 52 before I realized you were making Sci-fi pop references with your characters, good choice with that.

I look forward to next weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                      Also, I do not know if it is official, but I imagined Gordon as Chuck, and I was nearly on the floor laughing, he is so perfect for the
                      It's pretty much official at this point. And I agree -- he's a great fit.

And, it was about Page 52 before I realized you were making Sci-fi pop references with your characters, good choice with that.
                      Yeah, there's quite a few references to classic sci-fi in there. Some are more obvious than others. A few are probably tricky to spot.

Glad you enjoyed this episode so much, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                        It's pretty much official at this point. And I agree -- he's a great fit.

Yeah, there's quite a few references to classic sci-fi in there. Some are more obvious than others. A few are probably tricky to spot.

Glad you enjoyed this episode so much, by the way.
                        Yeah...re read the episode list, and this is third.....still loved it, but 'Eden' remains my favorite. Once again one of those situations where it is hard to remember exactly what you read.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                          Yeah...re read the episode list, and this is third.....still loved it, but 'Eden' remains my favorite. Once again one of those situations where it is hard to remember exactly what you read.
                          I'm just curious. If this is number three, which one is your second favorite so far?

Comment

I'm just curious. If this is number three, which one is your second favorite so far?
                            Prophets Rising, with Temple in fourth, and Reunited in fifth.

Comment

Did you mean that Zach was one-dimensional? If so, I would have to say I really don't think he is. You just need to look at episodes like "Countdown" or "Together We Stand." But the goal is to develop him further and further as the series progresses.
                              I meant in this particular episode, but I guess the comedic nature of the situation demanded it.

Next week will be part one of the big Earth two parter. We'll be seeing the return of a couple of familiar faces.
                              Now I'm really looking forward to the next few episodes.... Why is not Thursday already?!!

Comment

Working...
                              X