Robots and Flying Saucers (411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmm View Post
    I meant in this particular episode, but I guess the comedic nature of the situation demanded it.

Now I'm really looking forward to the next few episodes.... Why is not Thursday already?!!
    *is speechless* Those two are next, wow! Me to. *does dance*

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
      Prophets Rising, with Temple in fourth, and Reunited in fifth.
      Nice. That's really interesting to know.

Can't wait to see what you think of some of the upcoming episodes.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
        Nice. That's really interesting to know.

Can't wait to see what you think of some of the upcoming episodes.
        I know, I am really really really looking forward to the two parter that is coming up, and if done right, could make a great episodes. I just have on question, how political do they get?

Comment

Originally posted by jmm View Post
          I meant in this particular episode, but I guess the comedic nature of the situation demanded it.
          Oh yeah, that's definitely true. I wish we would have had some more character moments for Zach here, but we ran out of time.

Now I'm really looking forward to the next few episodes.... Why is not Thursday already?!!
          Not too much longer. After all, after a two month hiatus, what's six days?

Comment

I just have on question, how political do they get?
            The episodes deal a lot with the difficulties of the Stargate being public, something that we really haven't explored in detail up until now. Basically, there's some pretty strong disagreements between the nations within the ISGC, and those disagreements start heating up.

I hope that answers the question at least to some degree.

Comment

The episodes deal a lot with the difficulties of the Stargate being public, something that we really haven't explored in detail up until now. Basically, there's some pretty strong disagreements between the nations within the ISGC, and those disagreements start heating up.

I hope that answers the question at least to some degree.
              It does, oh, I just thought of another one, on the site it said that a terorist attack is the thing that sets off all the said politicking, but, who is doing the attacks?

Comment

It does, oh, I just thought of another one, on the site it said that a terorist attack is the thing that sets off all the said politicking, but, who is doing the attacks?
                Hmm. Giving that away before the episode airs would be a huge spoiler.

Comment

Hmm. Giving that away before the episode airs would be a huge spoiler.
                  interesting.......I look forward to it.

Comment

hey
                    i thought it was good, but not great. but thats just me, im more into eps that involve the hole team and a bit of action. still it was well done

6 half/10

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Wait. What makes you think that was a mistake? Alfonso Asmimov is one of my all time favorite writers.
                      I'm sorry but... who?

I search Asmimov on google and I only find spelling errors for Isaac Asimov... :?

sigpic
                      ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
                      - That's a lie!!!
                      - Indeed it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Senku View Post
                        I'm sorry but... who?

I search Asmimov on google and I only find spelling errors for Isaac Asimov... :?

Actually... that was a joke.

Thought it was obvious. But granted, I did forget to throw in a smiley.

Comment

Actually... that was a joke.

Thought it was obvious. But granted, I did forget to throw in a smiley.
                          OK... I missed it, but only because you gave even a name to the man!

sigpic
                          ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
                          - That's a lie!!!
                          - Indeed it is...

Comment

So...I'm gonna be contradictive here. It was an awful but fantastic episode. I really hated how simple and predictable the story was. As soon as the teaser ended I knew how the episode was going to go and I really didn't enjoy it. The Asimov and Wells stuff just made me cringe. Far too blunt references.

But then again, I thought the writing was great. I really enjoyed that brief moment between Tom and David when David confronted Tom about being a child. Another thing I enjoyed was that it felt genuinely like an old Sci-fi which was great.

This one was polar extreme. God awful story, but good filler. How that works, not entirely sure but I am certain I can't wait for a more serious one from Colin. Think a fair for this is fine. Where's Mike these days?
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                              The Asimov and Wells stuff just made me cringe. Far too blunt references.
                              Well, if this were on TV, of course, the Asimov reference wouldn't have made it into the episode. Because at no point does anyone actually call him by name. It was just a fun gag in the script. And Wells is really not that much of an unusual name.

Just curious, though, did you catch any of the other tons of old sci-fi references? Really every single character in the simulation is named after some character in some classic sci-fi movie.

This one was polar extreme. God awful story, but good filler. How that works, not entirely sure but I am certain I can't wait for a more serious one from Colin.
                              That's an interesting way of putting it. I had similar feelings at some point. For a while it bothered me that we had such a simplistic story (for which I take full responsibility), and I was wondering whether or not this episode actually worked. But eventually I just realized that's the nature of it: yes, it's very simplistic, you know exactly what's going to go wrong. But what makes it fun, I think, is the fact that it does feel like an old sci-fi movie. It's tricky to convey that in just script form, but I guess it worked out okay.

Where's Mike these days?
                              I'd tell you if I knew.

Comment

I can’t really remember how I felt when I originally read this but upon re-reading it I was worried it might turn into too much of a holodeck style episode. Very happy to see how you pulled it off, was disappointed it did follow the typical “simulation goes wrong” situation. Thankfully it was a cool enough simulation though to keep it interesting.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X