Now The Wraith Know Earth's Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now The Wraith Know Earth's Location

When the Wraith infiltrated Midway Station, and if any of them looked out a view port or window they could see the spiral form of the Milky Way sprawled out in all its splendor. There are only 3 spiral galaxies in our local group of galaxies (the other two being Andromeda and Triangulum). They could also follow the direction the gate network is taking from Pegasus to MW. Thus, if they hadn't previously figured it out, they now know which galaxy Earth is located. I can imagine that at this very moment, they may be building better and faster ships to bridge the intergalactic gap, or possibly looking for a stargate connection to a planet at the outer edge of the Milky Way. Vast as our galaxy is, once they gain a foothold on any world in MW, especially one with a gate, it's only a matter of time before they zero in on Earth's location.
    My timeline of the Ancients here.

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
    When the Wraith infiltrated Midway Station, and if any of them looked out a view port or window they could see the spiral form of the Milky Way sprawled out in all its splendor. There are only 3 spiral galaxies in our local group of galaxies (the other two being Andromeda and Triangulum). They could also follow the direction the gate network is taking from Pegasus to MW. Thus, if they hadn't previously figured it out, they now know which galaxy Earth is located. I can imagine that at this very moment, they may be building better and faster ships to bridge the intergalactic gap, or possibly looking for a stargate connection to a planet at the outer edge of the Milky Way. Vast as our galaxy is, once they gain a foothold on any world in MW, especially one with a gate, it's only a matter of time before they zero in on Earth's location.
    The key word is building intergalatic hyperdrives. That is easier said than done. The Wraith have been trying to build better hyperdrives for years
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Thus, if they hadn't reviously figured it out, they now know which galaxy Earth is located.
      Well, that sure narrows it down...

Vast as our galaxy is, once they gain a foothold on any world in MW, especially one with a gate, it's only a matter of time before they zero in on Earth's location.
      Yes, it would be a matter of time. If they checked one star system a day they would find Earth no later than around 250 million years or so. Even if they were within 5,000 light years of Earth... within the Orion Arm... it could take around 1.5 million years. Methinks that you don't realize how really staggeringly vast the Milky Way is.
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
        Well, that sure narrows it down...
        Methinks that you don't realize how really staggeringly vast the Milky Way is.
        Oh, trust me, I have the greatest respect for the size of the Milky Way and the overall scale of the universe and it's something I've pondered for many years. 200 billion stars is nothing to sneeze at.

http://www.atlasoftheuniverse.com/index.html

I concede that in our real universe that Earth would be next to impossible to locate even if one knew our galaxy of origin. But in the sci-fi universe of Stargate, our galaxy is teeming with worlds occupied by humans and other intelligent species, many of which have stargates. Once the Wraith gain a foothold on just one world in our galaxy, particularly one with a gate (and yes I realize even that would be difficult), they can use the network to gate from world to world, possibly forcibly extracting information from other settlements, slowly narrowing down the location of our planet.

And that too would take time, I realize. The whole point, is that they're now one step closer to Earth, regardless of how many more steps it may take.

Comment

The Wraith found the location of Earth back in season 2.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Who do you figure they can get to the MW. The Gate bridge can't be used anymore. The writer say they don't want to bring back Midway.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I think all the Wraith the know are either dead or captured no one was able to escape to spread the word.

Do you think the wraith can reach atlantis even without intergalactic hyperdrives if they were patient enough to wait.
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Who do you figure they can get to the MW. The Gate bridge can't be used anymore. The writer say they don't want to bring back Midway.
                If the Wraith were resourceful enough that they could compromise the gate system and infiltrate Midway, they may be just as resourceful in other areas and since they now know the general direction they need to go, it could easily motivate them even further such that they may at this very moment be working on a way to bridge the gap between galaxies. Exactly how I don't know, but they can be as smart as the writers decide to make them.

Comment

maybe when atlantis sent the malp that wraith destoyed it so maybe only a few wraiths know since they are at war with each other
                  sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't the Wraith be happy enough to just reach MW? Of course they'd like to destroy their enemies, but right now they are concerned with food shortage. Since there are plenty of planets inhabited by humans in MW, they would have rich feeding grounds. And, as somebody mentioned before, MW is quite vast. It could appear that humans would be more interested in finding the Wraith culling worlds in MW than the Wraith in finding Earth. If the Wraith became aware that they have no chance on Earth, they could choose 'hiding' in MW and gathering strength.

And they lived happilly ever after...

Icarium

Comment

i dnt think the wraith really do know the location all the wraith are dead so they wouldn't pass on the knowledge to find mw
                      sigpic
                      [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Even if they did know the location, its next to impossible for them to reach it. Their ships are far too slow and it would take centuries before they even were close to it so they would either have to hibernate and risk being destroyed by their enemies in the process or starve to death. Unless they get the intergalactic hyperdrive, the Wraith have no choice but to battle each other for what few supplies of "food" that are left.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

If the Wraith were resourceful enough that they could compromise the gate system and infiltrate Midway, they may be just as resourceful in other areas and since they now know the general direction they need to go, it could easily motivate them even further such that they may at this very moment be working on a way to bridge the gap between galaxies. Exactly how I don't know, but they can be as smart as the writers decide to make them.
                          I think you underestimating Todd's influence in the Midway invasion. It a lot easier to tamper with macro vs creating your own macro to get to Midway. Its beyond the Wraith's technolgy to create an intergalatic hyperdrive unless they find one to study.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

the wraith wasnt worried about food shortages to begin with, john just woke them up too early

i would of imagined if they woke up when they were supposed to wake up then food wouldnt of needed to be a problem for a period of time
                            sigpic

Comment

The reason why the Wraith didn't get to MW in previous seasons is 'cause that was SG1's playground, while PG was SGA's. Now that SG1 isn't being filmed I think we can expect more action on Earth, so it's logical for the Wraith to start getting close. IMO it's a way to keep things fresh by TPTB.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X