Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What CDs have you recently been buying...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What CDs have you recently been buying...

Let's keep this legal

Recently, I've bought:

Charlotte Martin - Reproductions
    Idina Menzel - I Stand
    John Barrowman - Swings Cole Porter
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

I bought the Linkin Park underground 7.0 CD and I want to get nine inch nails and red hot chilly pepers dani california

Comment

I got The Feelings new album and it's freakin amazing
      sigpic

Comment

Straight Outta Lynwood - Weird Al Yankovic
        sigpic

Comment

Shiny Toy Guns - III(best album overall i think i've ever heard)
          Hooverphonic With Orchestra
          The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten

Comment

....People still buy CDs?

My computer doesn't even have a disc drive..

Comment

I can't even remember the last time I bought a physical CD. Has to be at least 5 years since my petering-out turned into never-buy

In keeping with the spirit of the thread though, I do buy stuff digitally. Almost exclusively from iTunes. Among my most recent purchases:

- Soundgarden -- King Animal
              - Deftones -- Koi No Yokan
              - Billy Talent -- Dead Silence
              - Michael McCann -- Deus Ex: Human Revolution OST [replacing d/l'd version]
              - Silversun Pickups -- Neck of the Woods
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The soundtracks for DREDD:3D,and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

the new Tenacious D (2012) album, and the recent album from Kissin' Dynamite (2012)

Comment

Probably Bruce Springsteen: Wrecking Ball or Reckless Love: Animal Attraction.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                      ....People still buy CDs?

My computer doesn't even have a disc drive..
                      I buy CDs. You can get the .ogg or .flac audio files from CDs, which have better sound quality than MP3s.

I have an old CD player in my room, too, which is nice for when I want to listen to music without using my computer (which does have a disk drive. And it's only a couple years old).

And since I mainly listen to soundtracks and classical pieces (where I like all--or nearly all--the music on the disk), I don't have to worry about buying an entire album of music I don't like just for one song I do like.

On-topic, I think the last one I bought was the John Carter soundtrack.
                      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Adele 21

I love her voice
                        Grimm returns October 24
                        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                          I buy CDs. You can get the .ogg or .flac audio files from CDs, which have better sound quality than MP3s.
                          Nah. Unless you have an absolute top-of-the-line sound system and the top-notch speakers to go with, lossless is a waste of drive space. An mp3 at 320kbps will sound flawless on any average setup.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post

I have an old CD player in my room, too, which is nice for when I want to listen to music without using my computer (which does have a disk drive. And it's only a couple years old).
                            Mine was faulty and I had to send it back

But I haven't bought any CDs for a long time..

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Nah. Unless you have an absolute top-of-the-line sound system and the top-notch speakers to go with, lossless is a waste of drive space. An mp3 at 320kbps will sound flawless on any average setup.
                              I don't personally, but I do have access to a pretty nice sound system on occassion.
                              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Working...
                              X