Teal'c in Midway - a sclerotic grandpa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fordpickup&6pack View Post
    I was very disappointed to see Judge's character reduced to some sclerotic elder for a sheer purpose to let Dex shine in the episode. I don't care for Dex, but Teal'c behavior lacked consistency with his previous self. Especially, things like while in SGC, when Ronon was telling Teal'c where to go to fight the enemy. If Teal'c is slated to return to Atlantis again in the future, I'd rather not see him there at all, than like this.
    SG-1's finale, "Unending," made Teal'c an elder, not this episode. If anything, this episode was just following on from what was already established. As for Teal'c taking combat advice from Ronan, it boils down to Teal'c having zero experience with fighting the Wraith. He's used to fighting men, not space vampires who suck the life out of you with their hand. They don't act like men, they're monsters. Consequently, Teal'c can't be expected to know exactly how to fight them.

I don't get the whole Teal'c VS Ronan thing. Who would win in a fight? I don't care. For me, it was all about seeing Teal'c visit Atlantis and go up against the Wraith. That was what I wanted to see, and that's where the episode delivered.

Comment

Working...
    X