Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I propose:

John McLane vs. Wraith Hiveship.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

hive easy. no contest

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
      Having all those things won't really help against a ship 11km long with a hull able to resist naquadah enhanced nukes and energy weapons stronger than any weapon in Pegasus's arsenal.

A hive would rip it apart. I can't see anything in the BSG universe that I know of withstanding several direct hits from a Hive before being destroyed.
      i no hives are ment to be 11km long but that cant be right. if atlantis is 3 miles long which seems to be right hives can not be 11 km. a 304 is about 1/5 of the lenth of a hive and a 304 is smaller compared to atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
        hive easy. no contest

i no hives are ment to be 11km long but that cant be right. if atlantis is 3 miles long which seems to be right hives can not be 11 km. a 304 is about 1/5 of the lenth of a hive and a 304 is smaller compared to atlantis
        1/5? Please re-watch "No Man's Land" and look for when the Daedalus drops out of hyperspace.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
          I propose:

John McLane- he would launch a car into it!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
            I propose:

Shoes or no?

Comment

or he'd crash the most recently found aurora class ship into the hive and say "yippee-kay-yay MF" as he does it.
              That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

This is funny because I was going to do a similar thread on another board. The differences being that mine was going to be full forces vs full forces. While thinking through the variables a couple of things occurred to me. Do the Colonials have nuclear shells for their Battlestar cannons? If they do they would likely not be commonly deployed otherwise Gal or Peg would have had them. But if Peg did have them and could jump near by and fire a full volley of them at a hive the Battlestar could win.

But without them I see no chance for Peg as the hive ship would have blown her apart before she could inflict enough damage to the hive.

The other variable that I wondered about is if the size of the rail gun shells is large enough that they are vulnerable to interception?

Comment

at the time of the attack on the colonies, pegasus was undergoing refit. there would have been no reason for her to carry such ordnance. plus the security issues with extra personnel on board at the time of the refit. such specialized ordnance would have probably been offloaded before the refit began. or at least extra security in the magazines if they were kept on board.
                  That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by 123NotIt View Post
                    at the time of the attack on the colonies, pegasus was undergoing refit. there would have been no reason for her to carry such ordnance. plus the security issues with extra personnel on board at the time of the refit. such specialized ordnance would have probably been offloaded before the refit began. or at least extra security in the magazines if they were kept on board.
                    Then why did they leave Pegs other nukes on board?

Comment

i didnt think pegasus had railguns i thought those ship to ship weapons in bsg were convential cannons the kind of thing you find in fighters and on naval ships

Comment

The orndnance is accelerated by magnetic rails as it launches. The cannons can hold a variety of ammunition, from flak rounds to to heavy anti-capital ship shells. BSG nuclear ship-to-ship missiles possess unknown yields and use an unknown material as the active agent, so we can't really draw a comparison. Battlestars posess heavy hull armour, Mercury-class ships such as the Pegasus especially so. The Vipers fire bullets that appear to acquire some sort of energy sheathing as they exit the gun barrels. I know very little about the hive ships. I won't predict anything, but I will say that with a concentrated missile and cannon barrage the Pegasus could theoretically destroy or at least heavily damage a hive ship.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman View Post
                          The orndnance is accelerated by magnetic rails as it launches. The cannons can hold a variety of ammunition, from flak rounds to to heavy anti-capital ship shells. BSG nuclear ship-to-ship missiles possess unknown yields and use an unknown material as the active agent, so we can't really draw a comparison. Battlestars posess heavy hull armour, Mercury-class ships such as the Pegasus especially so. The Vipers fire bullets that appear to acquire some sort of energy sheathing as they exit the gun barrels. I know very little about the hive ships. I won't predict anything, but I will say that with a concentrated missile and cannon barrage the Pegasus could theoretically destroy or at least heavily damage a hive ship.
                          the original naquadah enhanced nuke from stargate the movie, which was pretty much a nuke sitting on top of a box of naquadah had a yield 100 times greater than a conventional nuclear weapon the daedalus has the latest naquadah and naquadriah enhanced nukes, railguns made from trinium which i'm pretty sure are alot more powerful than normal railguns, and asgard shields and it still couldn't take a hive (although to be fair the size difference is like a bass boat fighting a destroyer and the hive shoots energy blasts the size of the daedalus) i think the pegasus is outclassed in every way

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                            Next up, Serenity vs the Deathstar.
                            well serenity wins that, will a babe like River Tam or kayleigh they just cant loose, its called a ''all the guys on the death star are too busy wankin off to fight'' shield...

or just an awesome shield!!!

Comment

Pegaus would do better than you think yor all asuming it will fight like a battle ship it wouldnt if lee is in comand it would fight like a carier (no one in stargate does this) stay out of wepons range load up the vipers with nukes and off you go vipers are better than darts a frign light machine gun can down darts

also the wraith have nothing to defend againt say a raptor FTLing realy close and launching nukes

Its fair to say the BSG crew are far far better at tactics than anyone in stargate possibl exception of some travlers (they actualy manuver double up on single targets ect)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

The problem I see is the number of fighters that each side has, the wraith can and will intercept everyone of the nukes fired by Pegasus. The vipers are Pegasus's only offensive weapon in this fight, where as the wraith fighters can only be defensive. If the Pegasus's flak can shoot down wraith weapons, you will get a stalemate, the vipers will never make it through a swarm of darts, there's just too many. Also the Pegasus definitely can't generate its own reinforcements, where as the wraith can grow everything they need, except humans, so in a stalemate the wraith would win. The wraith tend to win when it's a numbers game.

Comment

Working...
                                X