Hive Ship Vs Battlestar Pegasus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hive Ship Vs Battlestar Pegasus

I know allot of you don’t like these VS threads much……………and I know allot of you do like these VS threads. But I couldn’t resist this one.

Both Ships have no shields and equipped to deploy fighters at will

WRAITH HIVE SHIP – Darts, Organic Armoured Hull, Pulsed Energy Weapons Sublight Engines & Hyperdrive

BATTLESTAR PEGASUS – Vipers (MK II or VII), Raptors, Kinetic Energy Weapons, Nuclear ship-to-ship Missiles, Sublight & FTL Drive

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

I never got to into to BSG. I dont now why. It was just to hard to follow for me.
    What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Battlestar Pegasus with the win. Nukes, railguns, vipers, check.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
        Battlestar Pegasus with the win. Nukes, railguns, vipers, check.
        Having all those things won't really help against a ship 11km long with a hull able to resist naquadah enhanced nukes and energy weapons stronger than any weapon in Pegasus's arsenal.

A hive would rip it apart. I can't see anything in the BSG universe that I know of withstanding several direct hits from a Hive before being destroyed.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Funny, didn't pre-unending Daedalus have just about the same armament as Pegasus, plus shields, and we still couldn't take down a Hive.

Comment

Hives decimate Aurora's shields, and do a good number on even Asgard upgraded 304 shields.

Hives would own the Battlestars.

Comment

Originally posted by CptSneed View Post
              Funny, didn't pre-unending Daedalus have just about the same armament as Pegasus, plus shields, and we still couldn't take down a Hive.
              Precisely. I was just watching "No Man's Land," and only 3 hits from the hive completely took the Daedalus' shields, life support, and a fair number of other systems offline instantly. A few more hits and the ships would've been ripped to pieces; it probablyonly took those 3 hits alright due to the trinium hull.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Next up, Serenity vs the Deathstar.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
                  Having all those things won't really help against a ship 11km long with a hull able to resist naquadah enhanced nukes and energy weapons stronger than any weapon in Pegasus's arsenal.
                  yup -
                  and that's assuming those little non-enhanced nukes even make it to their target without being shot down

Comment

Originally posted by s09119
                    Precisely. I was just watching "No Man's Land," and only 3 hits from the hive completely took the Daedalus' shields, life support, and a fair number of other systems offline instantly. A few more hits and the ships would've been ripped to pieces; it probablyonly took those 3 hits alright due to the trinium hull.
                    actually it took a lot more than 3 hits to take out the shields (but those wraith guns did make short work of the hull)

Comment

We've also seen the Wraith fire bolts larger than the Deadalus before, one of those would cut the Battlestar in half.

As for the Pegasus if it could fire rail guns into the open dart bays it could severely damage the Hive but not destroy it. I don't think it could actually destroy a Hive if all it did was sit there and do nothing, at least not before running out of ammo .
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                        actually it took a lot more than 3 hits to take out the shields (but those wraith guns did make short work of the hull)
                        I meant the shield generator haha, I know it took a few dozen shots to actually deplete their shields themselves.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Hiveship, by a mile. BSG just isn't made for fighting Wraith, they are on whole different technological level (there aren't even any energy weapons in BSG). The hiveship would rip it apart.
                          My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by CptSneed View Post
                            Pegasuas has far more armament than Daedalus. It is more advanced than the Galactica and the Galactica had-

24 twin cannon railgun turrets
                            504 twin cannon Point defense turrets(kind of like Phalanx)
                            8 squadrons of fighters 20 ships each
                            Unknown amount of Nukes although there are fore and aft luanchers

That is way more firepower than Daedalus. Now the Battlestars don't have shields but they made their armor very impressive. In Stargate 1 nuke from Daedalus severely hurt a hive while 1 nuke hit on the Galactica(a weaker Battlestar class) did very little damage comparitively. I would say the hull of Battlestar is stronger than the hull of a hive. I give Pegasus better odds against a hive than I would Daedalus, but I wouldn't say it has the advantage. Against a shieldless hive railguns are effective against them and we have seen that in certain episodes.
                            sigpic

Comment

These are not regular nukes the Daedalus is launching, naquadah enchanced stuff. Yield is so much greater than Battlestar nukes.

Battlestar is launching regular nukes.

Comment

Working...
                              X