Finally.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally.

Since the early SGA days, I've been wondering how effective a Zat would be against the wraith. The seem quite effective.

yep dropped them like a stone.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

^
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

They need Zat's in Atlantis ASAP

this too
        sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

I wonder if it would take two hits from a zat to take Ronon down, just like the wraith stunner takes two hits to bring him down. But then, would the zat kill him?

In essence, which is stronger- zat or wraith stunner? I'm thinking zat. Teal'c has been taken out by one zat hit, so I guess Ronon would as well.
          sigpic
          It was Arrested Development

Comment

Yay!!! Zats against Wraith!!! Finally...

Still not actually on Atlantis the location... but we're getting there...

Sheppard: Dr. Weir, you didn't see that big box of Zat guns we had packed at the SGC?

Weir: I thought you had them?

Sheppard: No, I distinctly remember asking you to bring them...

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
              I wonder if it would take two hits from a zat to take Ronon down, just like the wraith stunner takes two hits to bring him down. But then, would the zat kill him?

In essence, which is stronger- zat or wraith stunner? I'm thinking zat. Teal'c has been taken out by one zat hit, so I guess Ronon would as well.
              I think the Zat is stronger too.
              One shot would stun Ronon ,but two shots from a zat would kill him just like any other human.
              (Used to be the case in canon that three zat shots disintegrate the object/victim ,but that was dropped quietly years ago .)
              Two shots from the stunner just render him unconscious .
              The Wraith stunners by comparison appear weaker ,as it seems the primary design is to disable,and keep the Wraith's victims alive to be fed on later.
              (Unless they have a "kill setting" option ? )
              Originally posted by UlsterBob View Post
              Yay!!! Zats against Wraith!!! Finally...
              Yes,and IMO ,high time.

Originally posted by UlsterBob
              Still not actually on Atlantis the location... but we're getting there...
              Oh yes. I'd be happy to see some zats being used in Atlantis in S5.

To me,as we have crossover characters...then why can't the zatnickatel cross over too,as an equipment option ?
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                To me,as we have crossover characters...then why can't the zatnickatel cross over too,as an equipment option ?
                I'd love to see it, but I think the zats are one of those things from the early seasons that they're not all that happy about, and would prefer to drop as much as possible.

On a mostly unrelated note, a few months ago when I was traveling I noticed that the sound of the security scanners that particular airport was using sounded exactly like zats. It was terribly distracting, and I knew then that I had watched far too much Stargate!
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Yep. I don't think they'll be shipped to Atlantis anytime soon.

ROTFL at your fun at the airport !

Comment

Yep. I don't think they'll be shipped to Atlantis anytime soon.
                    Some concepts/technologies seem to "live" in one galaxy (show) but not the other. Apparently zats are one of them. Another is the earpiece communication system they use in Atlantis, while SG-1 used the shoulder-mounted walkie. Always wondered about that...

Comment

Good catch,jys .
                      Just a guess : I wonder if it was a case of SG-1 and the other teams using standard radios from when they were created in the 90's ,then the Atlantis Expedition and their teams getting the full benefit of the newest Bluetooth technology ?
                      ( Not sure how long ago Bluetooth was invented .)

Comment

Good catch,jys .
                        Just a guess : I wonder if it was a case of SG-1 and the other teams using standard radios from when they were created in the 90's ,then the Atlantis Expedition and their teams getting the full benefit of the newest Bluetooth technology ?
                        ( Not sure how long ago Bluetooth was invented .)
                        Funny, I always wondered about the earpieces myself, but never thought about the zats until Midway. Sheesh! They seems SO much more effective than Atlantis' current weaponry, they need to requisition a few of those and stop wasting all that ammo!

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post

Right the thing with zats is that it's basically an electric shock. The first shot causes intense pain, the second kills pretty much anything because of the amount of voltage built up by the residual charge of the first shot.

However a wraith stunner can not kill no matter how many time you shoot them (unless they have a kill setting we don't know about.) Stunners (from what I can figure) work by inhibiting the electrical signals of the body, Paralysing them.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                            Funny, I always wondered about the earpieces myself, but never thought about the zats until Midway. Sheesh! They seems SO much more effective than Atlantis' current weaponry, they need to requisition a few of those and stop wasting all that ammo!
                            Yep.I wish too.Zats aren't projectile weapons and are a lot quieter than P-90's ,as well as being a less bloody option in close-up combat.

(Sidenote : Would silencers on the P-90's affect their efficiency ,and is that why they don't get used ? )

Comment

I doubt that stunner has a kill setting, cause the Wraith need humans alive so they can eat them. If they kill the prisoners there will be no dinner

And zats are stronger because lets face it, the Goa'uld didn't really cared if someone lived or died. To bad is that we probably won't be seeing zats again on Atlantis in the near future, if ever
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X