Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael vs Todd: who will be the last wraith standing as THE face of the wraith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael vs Todd: who will be the last wraith standing as THE face of the wraith?

Thats the question. In s5 who will be the face of the wraith race? Will it be todd the sometimes ally wraith commander? Or will it be the semi human wraith scientist michael and his army of aratuswraith?

Predictions?

how about both?
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      how about both?
      Todd as the representation of the Wraith as a whole, Michael as the Wraith renegade outcast.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
        Thats the question. In s5 who will be the face of the wraith race? Will it be todd the sometimes ally wraith commander? Or will it be the semi human wraith scientist michael and his army of aratuswraith?

Predictions?
        If it is a pick from the two I waould say Todd, he is still with the Wraith and even though Michael could become one hell of a threat... thinking about a face for the wraithI would say Todd...

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        how about both?
        I would go with both but Micheal is more of an outcast...

Comment

I would certainly hope for both. But, if I had to choose, Todd has grown on me a lot as of late.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I could handle many faces for the Wraith - and have no problem keeping both Todd and Michael around for a long while. I wouldn't mind the addition of another regular Wraith character - a queen, perhaps - or one more like Steve - arrogant, beautiful, elegant. Just wish to see more REGULAR Wraith faces - not in many episodes, but if a season has about 10-12 episodes that feature a Wraith character, it would be nice to see someone like Todd in about 6 (three in each half of the season), then other re-occurring Wraith characters in a couple episodes each....just so we can go, "OO! That's the guy from episode 'X'! I wonder what he's up to now!" I think it just makes the viewer feel more connected with the show when we see familiar faces - even among the Wraith.

das
            sigpic

Comment

What's funny for me is the fact that my first and middle names are...

MICHAEL TODD

...and I have gone by both.

In relation to this discussion. Both Michael and Todd are in total self preservation mode. Michael was screwed by us (a couple of times) and was then screwed by the Wraith. He is a total outcast with no home and is a VERY interesting character.

Todd on the other hand was screwed by the Genii who "broke" him through his captivity. We (through Sheppard) saved him and I think that while he can't trust us completely, he doesn't really wish us any ill-will. He seems to have the mindset of live and let live and I find his character the more likable of the two.

I wouldn't be surprised if Todd ended up helping us at some point to defeat Michael and his uber bugs.

Spoiler:
              * as far as weasel faced wraith's comment in "Midway", he never said that the information was given to him voluntarily *
              (I am) An acquaintance of someone you recently worked with to bring about the demise of those you refer to as Replicators. It was from him that I was able to procure the necessary data to commandeer this base.
              sigpic

Comment

Todd and Michael both have too little credibility to be the leader or public face of the Wraith. Todd keeps getting captured and losing ships, followers and ZPMs. Michael keeps getting turned human by Teyla. If I were a Wraith, I'd be ashamed of both of them.

BUT since I'm being forced to chose, I'll say Todd. At least he's still a full Wraith.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Seperated@Birth? View Post

MICHAEL TODD

...and I have gone by both.
                  My goodness, it's like you 3 were separated at birth.

Ba-zing!

Comment

Todd is much better than Michael. If Michael was killed off I wouldn't be too worried, but I hope to see a lot more of Todd. His Wraith humour is priceless!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                      Todd is much better than Michael. If Michael was killed off I wouldn't be too worried, but I hope to see a lot more of Todd. His Wraith humour is priceless!
                      I agree with you there. Todd is great.
                      Michael has become such a threath to Atlantis and the galaxy.
                      I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        Todd and Michael both have too little credibility to be the leader or public face of the Wraith. Todd keeps getting captured and losing ships, followers and ZPMs. Michael keeps getting turned human by Teyla. If I were a Wraith, I'd be ashamed of both of them.

BUT since I'm being forced to chose, I'll say Todd. At least he's still a full Wraith.
                        todd's lost ships, followers etc, but none of it has been directly his fault. his first hive was destroyed by an enemy hive and he was captive, so couldn't prevent it. his second ship, sheppard blew up to destroy the cloning facility, and at least one of his followers betrayed him. I'd still choose todd though. I get the feeling todd is a lot older than michael, so more experienced, and todd said he was once of great standing among wraith. we've seen todd's intelligent/strategic, whereas michael's just been running on vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by Seperated@Birth? View Post

MICHAEL TODD

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                            Todd keeps getting captured and losing ships, followers and ZPMs.
                            Todd would really fit in with the Atlantis expedition then.

All the talk about factions, Wraith betraying each other, gaining and losing followers etc. suggests that Wraith society includes a lot of politics. If that's the case then Todd's adventures are giving some kind of insight into this aspect of Wraith interacting between themselves. If TPTB wanted to they could have Todd end up as the leader of the most powerful Wraith faction or something.

Michael is everyone's enemy. They're all out to stop him succeeding with whatever he's trying to do next. There's a limit as to how many times they could do this with him escaping at the end before it gets ridiculous.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                              Todd would really fit in with the Atlantis expedition then.

All the talk about factions, Wraith betraying each other, gaining and losing followers etc. suggests that Wraith society includes a lot of politics. If that's the case then Todd's adventures are giving some kind of insight into this aspect of Wraith interacting between themselves. If TPTB wanted to they could have Todd end up as the leader of the most powerful Wraith faction or something.

Michael is everyone's enemy. They're all out to stop him succeeding with whatever he's trying to do next. There's a limit as to how many times they could do this with him escaping at the end before it gets ridiculous.
                              Hmm, I was wondering that, let's say Shep and co keep Todd well, alive during the ep, which they'd better, then they might explain what happened with Michael, to Todd, so Todd can send the Wraith after Michael, cos they have a common enemy now.

That, or Todd is going to Michael and say that he has to target more Wraith, lol.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Working...
                              X