My complaints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My complaints

Their are some things that really get on my nerves.

1. does every single one IOA agent have to be unlikable. I mean seriously I would have love this agent to have been totally different for once, he treats women lousy but when it comes to his job, he actually quite good at it , would have like if he went with Ronan and Teal'c and help them out, especially at the end if he walk around the corner and took the two wraiths out, it would look so much cooler. I getting bored with all IOA characters turning out arrogant and stupid.

2. I personally think it would of been slightly better if Kavalagh actually did shut down the wormhole safely, and it something Mackay did that destroyed the station, it more fun picking on Mackay than Kavalagh.

3. Carter should have sent a nuclear warhead through to destroy the cruiser that landed on the planet, It would have destroyed the wraith vessel, leaving one less to worry about and stop them sending reinforcement through the gate and plus it limit the threat of them sharing the information with other wraith and could have eliminated the one that told them about Midway.

4. Shepperd got in to that space suit, I mean if Shepperd could do that, then why did he not just climb into the Jumper, and it usually takes several people to put an astronaut into a space suit in gravity. It just did not makes sense and it was obvious that the writers did not know how to get him out of that situations, so just decided to have Shepperd suddenly appear in the space suit, stupid writing, they are arrogant for thinking audience are so stupid.

5. Using the puddle jumper as a escaped pod is a stupid idea, they had at least five people then, I mean seriously anymore than ten people on that station at once and they would have to start pulling straws or something to decides who survive, they must of sent through more two people at once to the station, plus there were more than 3 in the control center on the station. surely the gang who design the station must have relies a wraith incursion could mean they had 20 or more soldiers to evacuate, talk about not building backup into the lifeboat system.

6. Wraith being so pathetically weak throughout the episode, anyone other than a main cast character they die instantly, then suddenly come a main character, oops they lose their intelligent, I mean seriously how many wraith do they have to see dead before they realize their guys with guns round the corner shooting wraith as they appear, before they start to realize what's going on and go the other way or take cover and shoot.

but apart from that it was pretty good episode.
    Last edited by knowles2; 11 May 2014, 12:17 AM.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
    6. Wraith being so pathetically weak through out the episode, anyone than main cast character they killed instantly, then when suddenly come the main character, oops they loose their and their intelligent
    It's one of the Stargate universe laws. US Marines are useless when fighting Wraith, superbugs etc. and these, in turn, are useless when fighting any of the main characters.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn
      It's one of the Stargate universe laws. US Marines are useless when fighting Wraith, superbugs etc. and these, in turn, are useless when fighting any of the main characters.
      yup so it balances out

Comment

1. does every single IOA agent have to be unlikable. I mean seriously I love this agent to actually to of been totally different, he treats women lousy but when it comes to his job, he actually quite good at it , would love him to actually to of went with Ronan and Teal'c and help them out, especially at the end if he walk around the corner and took them two wraiths out it would look so much cooler. I getting bored with all the IOA characters turning out arrogant and stupid.
        Because we have to hate someone, otherwise the show would be all happy and such.

3. Carter should of sent a nuclear warhead through to destroy the cruiser that landed on the planet, It would of destroyed wraith vessel, one less to worry about and stop them sending reinforcement through the gate and plus it limit the threat of them sharing the information with other wraith and obviously could eliminated the one that told them the info on Midway.
        Why because then we would be out of nuc. And also they might not have had any other than the one that was on the self destruct. And you can't compromise your security to destroy part of the enemy.

4. Shepperd got in to that space suit, I seriously stupid, I mean if Shepperd could do that, then why did not he just climb into the Jumper, and it usally takes several people to put an asterought into a space suit in gravity. It just did not makes sense and it was obvious that the writers did not know how to get them out of it so just decided to have Shepperd be arrogant about it, stupid writing. .
        Maybe he did'nt know the code to get through the door

6. Wraith being so pathetically weak through out the episode, anyone than main cast character they killed instantly, then when suddenly come the main character, oops they loose their and their intelligent, I mean seriously how many wraith do they have to see dead before they relies their one guy with guns round the corner shooting wraith as they appear, before they start to relies going the other way or take cover and shoot from behind the cover.

Thats what makes a show

Comment

I dont think ive ever had a single boss who wasnt a dillweed. I find the ioa believable, lulz.

Comment

I personally liked the Wraith trying to stun their way through the door.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

1. does every single IOA agent have to be unlikable. I mean seriously I love this agent to actually to of been totally different, he treats women lousy but when it comes to his job, he actually quite good at it , would love him to actually to of went with Ronan and Teal'c and help them out, especially at the end if he walk around the corner and took them two wraiths out it would look so much cooler. I getting bored with all the IOA characters turning out arrogant and stupid.
              How many politicians are actually likable? My point is they are supposed to be arrogant pricks.

2. I personally think it would of been slightly better if Kavalagh actually did shut down the worm hole safely, and it something that Mackay did destroyed the station, it more fun picking on Mackay than Kavalagh.
              No. Mckay has done his share of boo-boos. Much better that Kavanaugh is responsible.

3. Carter should of sent a nuclear warhead through to destroy the cruiser that landed on the planet, It would of destroyed wraith vessel, one less to worry about and stop them sending reinforcement through the gate and plus it limit the threat of them sharing the information with other wraith and obviously could eliminated the one that told them the info on Midway.
              One the warhead wouldn't have done a thing unless you could get it to the ship which would take awhile. Second the gate and equipment could easily survive the explosion.

4. Shepperd got in to that space suit, I seriously stupid, I mean if Shepperd could do that, then why did not he just climb into the Jumper, and it usally takes several people to put an asterought into a space suit in gravity. It just did not makes sense and it was obvious that the writers did not know how to get them out of it so just decided to have Shepperd be arrogant about it, stupid writing.
              I'll grant you that him getting into by himself is unlikely but how is this arrogant?

5. What a stupid idea the puddle jumper as a escaped pod is, they had at leased five people then, I mean seriously anymore than ten people on that station at once and they would have to start pulling straws or something to decides who survive, I mean they must sent through more two people at once to station, plus their were more than 3 in the control center on the station. plus surly the gang who design the station must of relies a wraith incursion could mean they 20 or more solders to evacuate, talk about not building backup into the life boat system.
              Escape pods are for emergency use and it actually was quite logical. I don't see the issue.

6. Wraith being so pathetically weak through out the episode, anyone than main cast character they killed instantly, then when suddenly come the main character, oops they loose their and their intelligent, I mean seriously how many wraith do they have to see dead before they relies their one guy with guns round the corner shooting wraith as they appear, before they start to relies going the other way or take cover and shoot from behind the cover.

Um the were going against the two toughest characters in the franchise so I disagree.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Yeah that Spacesuit thing really bugged me. He was so weak that he couldn't even crawl toward the jumper, but he could pause time for 3 to 5 hours and labour his way into a spacesuit? Right.... that makes sense. They should have had him jump in a handy airtight closet. It would have been convenient, but at least it wouldn't have been flat out completely impossible.

And before anyone says "duuude, you're watching a show with aliens and wormholes, and you're complaining that the spacesuit isn't realisitic??", remember what Tolkien said. (Paraphrased heavily) "You can create any type of world you want, with any type of magic in it that you want. But the world must be believable and internally consistent."

In other words you have have a wizard cast a magical spell as long as that is believable within the context of his world, but you can't have an ordinary human do something out of context, like drink a glass of potassium cyanide and feel just peachy afterwards. Why? Cause your audience knows nothing about Wizards, but they know darned well that a normal human can't just drink a glass of cyanide and survive. It breaks the suspension of disbelief and jolts your audience out of the story.

To put it yet another way, if you use real world items in a fantasy story like Stargate then you have to make sure they work exactly the same way as they do in the real world. You can't have a level 300 character in WoW unless you specifically explain how that is possible in your universe. You can't have an insta-wear spacesuit. You can have ships with hyperdrives, but you can't have a standard issue Ford Focus with rocketlaunchers built in as standard. The audience knows that isn't true, cause it is something that exists in the real world.
                Last edited by gopher65; 17 February 2008, 12:38 PM. Reason: err... disbelief obviously, not belief.

Comment

Ok so we can all agree 2 things didn't make sense.

Sheperd being Mr time pause I'm gonna get into a space suit in 15.6 seconds man.

And the Wraith trying to stun open a door. I mean we've seen plenty of evidence that suggests multiple stuns don't do a damn thing to a person besides make them fall down more. What the heck did they think they were going to do to a 10 inch trinium bulkhead?

Comment

My main complaint:

It's Dr. Kavanagh!!!

There's about 20 versions of his name on the forum - it's KAVANAGH!!!! No l's no u's!!!

Anyway, the space suit thing did indeed bug me. However, did he know the code to get to the jumper? Did Dr. Lee pipe up and tell him?

Also, Kavanagh was more likely to do something stupid - if McKay had made the error to destroy Midway I'd have been pissed off at the writers for making him so dumb. I already thought ill of the writers for making McKay dumb enough to not realise that people dialing out of an uninhabited planet wasn't an immediate give away, with that fact having to be pointed out!

Not THAT many people are supposed to go through the Midway station at any time so there SHOULDN'T be a lot of people on the station. Therefore one jumper should normally be enough - this was a unique situation. We don't know how many jumpers there are spare in the first place. If they over stocked it with jumpers there may have been one less when they needed it to blast those asteroids in the beginning of season 4! lol.

Also, they were NOT planning on any wraith attacks - ever! It was a "secure" macro and assumed to be 100% safe - maybe an incorrect assumption, but they never planned for attacks of need for escape.

Wanna see some cool short movies? Visit the Reluctant Genius Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
                      Ok so we can all agree 2 things didn't make sense.

Sheperd being Mr time pause I'm gonna get into a space suit in 15.6 seconds man.

And the Wraith trying to stun open a door. I mean we've seen plenty of evidence that suggests multiple stuns don't do a damn thing to a person besides make them fall down more. What the heck did they think they were going to do to a 10 inch trinium bulkhead?
                      I thought the stunning the door thing was odd, but i thought, meh they know their weapons they must be doing something that they think will work. Otherwise..... they wouldnt be doing it. Do stun staffs have a blowupdoor setting? These were long metal stunners rite? Not the organic ones with little lights?

Sheppard must have ordered the easymode spacesuits for midway ^.^

Comment

Bates and Woolsey are pretty likable. And the guy wasn't that bad, in the end he gave Ronon his full approval and blessings.

4. Shepperd got in to that space suit, I seriously stupid, I mean if Shepperd could do that, then why did not he just climb into the Jumper, and it usally takes several people to put an asterought into a space suit in gravity. It just did not makes sense and it was obvious that the writers did not know how to get them out of it so just decided to have Shepperd be arrogant about it, stupid writing.
                        Jumper bay was locked. Only Midway personnel had the codes, that's why Dr. Lee had to open it.

5. What a stupid idea the puddle jumper as a escaped pod is, they had at leased five people then, I mean seriously anymore than ten people on that station at once and they would have to start pulling straws or something to decides who survive, I mean they must sent through more two people at once to station, plus their were more than 3 in the control center on the station. plus surly the gang who design the station must of relies a wraith incursion could mean they 20 or more solders to evacuate, talk about not building backup into the life boat system.
                        What else would they use as a lifeboat then? Earth doesn't have any transport vessels. Besides, Puddle Jumpers can hold quite a bit of people, at least 15, probably more, as seen in Rising Pt2 and Letters from Pegasus.

Also, it's spelt realize, not relies.
                        Last edited by Detox; 17 February 2008, 02:36 PM.
                        These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                          I personally liked the Wraith trying to stun their way through the door.
                          Lol that bit really made me laugh, what the hell were they hoping to happen .

Comment

there really are only three things i have a problem with in that ep.

1. the speed shep got into that Suit. Ordinarily I can come up with an explanation for practically any plot hole but that one really eludes me. would have been easier if they'd opened the hatch to the Jumper and found John inside already.

2. The fact that shep was able to fight off a wraith despite him already suffocateing, although I supose it is possible that wraith require much more oxygen than humans.

3. We've seen that gates are not so easily destroyed so why not go back in the jumper and dial the gate. though a lack of power may have something to do with it anyway.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                              Lol that bit really made me laugh, what the hell were they hoping to happen .
                              The wraith use organic ships though. multiple stun weapons might overload the power supplies and pen up the doors. you go with what you know.

sure it is implausible but it is all I got. There are suits that you can get into in 15 seconds usually back mounted hard suits that are more like mini spaceships(or subs) that wasn't one of them.

Politicians are generally rude pushy people. they like getting their way. I don't find it surprising. Woolsely has been around the block a few times. getting ganged up by replicators, shot at, and etc has shown him that these people do more than what reports indicate. The new guy will calm down once he gets shot at a few more times.

i am sure teyla will help.

Comment

Working...
                              X