My complaints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
    Umm... air doesn't move instantly. It takes time for air to completely evacuate an area. So once he opened the closet, the air pressure inside would normalize with that of the immediate area of the station (in which the pressure would be rapidly, but not instantly, dropping). He could then step inside and close the door. The air would be thin, but humans can survive for a while on very thin air. Not for a long while mind you, but it was only like a minute or 2 before they repressurized. Even in a vacuum a human can last 30 seconds to 2 minutes (though with damage). He'd have been fine.
    Sheppard was feeling the effects of the lack of air after fighting the Wraith. Also, the air pressure in the closet would have been greater than the pressure outside the closet. As soon as the closet is opened, the pressure would rapidly equalize, leaving the air level in the closet exactly the same as the air level outside. No, finding a suit with it's own air supply was the best thing Sheppard could have come up with.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
      I know this is a show BUT Sheppard joining on the whole fight/betting was so annoying, isn’t he a Col. In the USA? I know there are civilians and all, but were those he draw the line?
      Not really. As to actually setting up the fight- if he didn't, they would have fought anyway, only without anyone to intervene if it got too intense. This way it was monitored, assistance was nearby, and because of the warrior ethics of both of them, they were able to gauge each other and begin to develop a modicum of respect, which was later developed more through fighting together against the Wraith. Even Sam recognised this, in spite of having her own reasons (which I respect, too) for stopping the fight, she apologised later to Te'alc for not letting him continue. Given all of that, John joining in the betting that was occurring anyway is entirely in character, and harmless. It is also a part of his character that he would have stopped the fight regardless of betting if there was a real need to.

The whole SGC was with out a commander, and the first to woke up were the politicians and the technicians, what happen to the soldiers and SGTeams.
      This is only my two cents worth, but they entered the room in the first place because they heard a loud noise. When they entered, Coolige was on the floor with his chair upturned. I got the impression that he'd toppled off his chair, and that was what brought him to conciousness early.

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
      Sheppard was feeling the effects of the lack of air after fighting the Wraith. Also, the air pressure in the closet would have been greater than the pressure outside the closet. As soon as the closet is opened, the pressure would rapidly equalize, leaving the air level in the closet exactly the same as the air level outside. No, finding a suit with it's own air supply was the best thing Sheppard could have come up with.
      Agreed with the airtight closet. As to the suit, yes, I agree that there are some plot inconsistencies there, however given that Shep was so out of it that he couldn't even call out to the others when they passed in front of him (McKay only noticed him when he heard the sound of the oxygen) then it is plausible that he could use his remaining strength to haul himself into the suit. He might have missed a button or two, figuratively speaking, but adreneline and survival instinct can't be overlooked either.

As to him using the radio - well, agreed, that would have been his best solution. However when you're oxygen starved and have been punched in the head by a Wraith a few times, you can be forgiven for not thinking coherently.
      sigpic
      My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

[QUOTE]
        Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
        Not really. As to actually setting up the fight- if he didn't, they would have fought anyway, only without anyone to intervene if it got too intense. This way it was monitored, assistance was nearby, and because of the warrior ethics of both of them, they were able to gauge each other and begin to develop a modicum of respect, which was later developed more through fighting together against the Wraith. Even Sam recognised this, in spite of having her own reasons (which I respect, too) for stopping the fight, she apologised later to Te'alc for not letting him continue. Given all of that, John joining in the betting that was occurring anyway is entirely in character, and harmless. It is also a part of his character that he would have stopped the fight regardless of betting if there was a real need to.
        yeah I could agree with this, but his reaction when Sam intervine wasn't like the someone just supervising, he was to munch into the fight.

This is only my two cents worth, but they entered the room in the first place because they heard a loud noise. When they entered, Coolige was on the floor with his chair upturned. I got the impression that he'd toppled off his chair, and that was what brought him to conciousness early.
        Could be, but remember when they when to the control room? all the tecs. were awake and they were some of the first ones to get hit by the wave that knock them out.
        sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

yeah I could agree with this, but his reaction when Sam intervine wasn't like the someone just supervising, he was to munch into the fight.
          That actually compliments my point. He was most definitely against Ronon drawing his weapon earlier. We have also seen him intervene in arguments with his team (Rodney and, well, most people) and fights (Teyla and Bates). So we have seen that he will intervene if necessary. The fact that he was "into the fight" shows that he considered it still to be safe, given the abilities of the two fighting. And his combat and command experience makes him reasonably knowledgeable - at least, there is nothing in canon to dispute this assessment.

Could be, but remember when they when to the control room? all the tecs. were awake and they were some of the first ones to get hit by the wave that knock them out.
          Again, this works in with my suggestion (which is only that, a suggestion ). If they got stunned first, you would expect them to be amongst the first to revive. The exception was the poor bloke who fell off his chair.
          sigpic
          My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

You are overlooking Sheps' assault on the control room. The wraith were able to override a security lock out but couldn't figure out how to lock a door.

There were a TON of plot holes in this episode but it was still enjoyable. If they managed to fix all the plots holes then you would have had the makings of a feature film which wouldn't be such a bad idea if and only if the Wraith were able to establish a beach head on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
              That actually compliments my point. He was most definitely against Ronon drawing his weapon earlier. We have also seen him intervene in arguments with his team (Rodney and, well, most people) and fights (Teyla and Bates). So we have seen that he will intervene if necessary. The fact that he was "into the fight" shows that he considered it still to be safe, given the abilities of the two fighting. And his combat and command experience makes him reasonably knowledgeable - at least, there is nothing in canon to dispute this assessment.
              I think Shep had a deep suspicion that if Ronon and Teal'c didn't sort it out immediately, it would have happened later, maybe on Earth. He knew Ronon was "upset" at the whole idea of the interview and it was felt he needed a babysitter. It was far better they dealt with it and got it over with.

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
              You are overlooking Sheps' assault on the control room. The wraith were able to override a security lock out but couldn't figure out how to lock a door.
              The Wratih were probably just thinking the humans wouldn't get that far, so did not need to lock the door.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                6. Wraith being so pathetically weak through out the episode, anyone other than a main cast character they die instantly, then suddenly come a main character, oops they loose their intelligent, I mean seriously how many wraith do they have to see dead before they realize their guys with guns round the corner shooting wraith as they appear, before they start to realize whats going on and go the other way or take cover and shoot.

I completly agree with you i was actually bored during the action "sequences" which involved sheppard ronon or teal'c running round a corner seeing wraith and just standing there shooting they didnt cover they just stood there shooting it was bullcrap i mean the wraith would have killed them and also its just not exciting if u watch sg-1 i.e ep heroes and exodus in the firefights the team is taking cover, running, wipping out and shooting not just standing there shooting it was the most measly action i have ever seen <Snip>
                Last edited by Skydiver; 22 February 2008, 04:16 PM.

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

In either of the SG shows, you can count on the type of action sequences we saw in Midway in any episode that involves the team fighting in corridors and hallways. The only difference this time was that instead of it just being Teal'C (in SG-1 episodes) or Ronon (in SGA episodes), it was two of them running around corners with guns blazing.
                  I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Complain all you want, but keep it civil or keep it to yourself please
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      Complain all you want, but keep it civil or keep it to yourself please
                      I try.

Comment

ok a few things i didn't get about this:

1. As soon as the air was being sucked out, the wraith started dropping, yet Sheppard was still able to move for a bit longer and able to fight off the wraith and kill him.... he then drops to the floor and makes it into a suit?

2. The puddle jumper is scooped up onto the deadalus, and the door opens? what did Ronon rip the door open....

3. Mackay tells Ronon that Shepperd sealed himself inside and then opened the door and he is sleeping..... if he sealed himself inside then how can Mackay wave his arm and open the door?
                        sigpic

Comment

I agree with what you say although what amused me more was that Sheppard was stronger than a Wraith while he was suffocating. Ok, maybe he's a diver fan, and can hold his breath a lot but he was about to pass out, and even so he managed to get inside the space suit? Well, ok

But what really upset me are all the dead soldiers, I know is needed for the story but for once I would like someone to knowledge the lost. It's like what happened with the soldier that died along with Carson, I love Carson but I can't help thinking about the poor soldier, did he got the same fancy farewell?

It may have problems but, for me, this episode was far, far better than the last I watched.

Comment

Working...
                          X