Teal'c whats with the hair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
    i liked it too. I thought it suited him Lol.. at first i absolutely hated it but i think its wkd now!
    I quite like his longer hair.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I found this thread looking for a definitive answer to Teal'c growing his hair back.

TBH the writers should have concluded something.

what I found was a confusing thing though, African Americans claiming that his hair do was cultural. It is for African AMERICANS. Not African... anything else. Nothing wrong with it and can easily be explained by time spent on Earth.

However as an ALIEN, and supposedly one that did not see color as a culture, I would be hard pressed to believe that. In fact the whole mythos of his race reminds me of Samurai more than anything else.

Which explains also why he and Ronan get along after battling together. (When I first heard the name I though OMG how STUPID are the writers? To do something so obvious? Ronin being a masterless samurai, pronounced exactly the same), him being... exactly what a ronin is.

Why would Teal'c unencumbered with Earthen cultural bias be drawn to a subculture of a culture that he would have no ties too? It does not make sense.

I get the issue. But really, there are a lot more pressing issues with the continuity of the show. Namely. Bring it back and screw Camshaft into a solid Naquadah block. (no point in chronically the 2 way worm hole travel in the early episodes, or other inconsistencies)

I have only watched the series 3-4 times (dozen?). Love SG-1 1-8. Even Atlantis has grown on me.

Still dont like SGU, despite Robert (Bigby!!!) and that Scarlett Johansen looking girl named... Johansen!! lol

Or that surgery girl in the tank top.

How did the director of Xfiles make Fringe so awesome?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        I quite like his longer hair.
        He looked hilarious ... but still kinda cool
        The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X