Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'c whats with the hair?

Lol @ the hair gag

But what did people think of the hair on tealc? Quite the opposite of Carter i thought it looked very jaffa-ish. I thought his short do in season 8-10 was more earthen

I thought it looked foolish and is not particularly useful in a fight as it will get in your eyes (No need for your enemy to throw something in your eyes to temporary blind you) and leaves a handhold for your enemy (who ironically dont follow any sort of dont grab the hair rules when fighting).

I thought it also looked particularly dirty and greasy, which seemed contrary to the rest of his very tidy, very disciplned looking clothing.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

i think it shows that teal'c has been fully assimilated back into the Jaffa civilization...
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
        i think it shows that teal'c has been fully assimilated back into the Jaffa civilization...
        I dont see how it says that, when most Jaffa have short or non existant hair... and Teal'c was even going to shave O'Neills head when he was in O'Neills body (one presumes because it was a jaffa thing). Heck their base headgear is a skull cap that makes the ones with hair look like their bald.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
          I thought it looked foolish and is not particularly useful in a fight as it will get in your eyes (No need for your enemy to throw something in your eyes to temporary blind you) and leaves a handhold for your enemy (who ironically dont follow any sort of dont grab the hair rules when fighting).
          On a lesser man than Teal'c that might be true. But let's face it... Teal'c is the man.
          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I dont see how it says that, when most Jaffa have short or non existant hair... and Teal'c was even going to shave O'Neills head when he was in O'Neills body (one presumes because it was a jaffa thing). Heck their base headgear is a skull cap that makes the ones with hair look like their bald.
            I think that was a jaffa cultral thing, note his hair changed about the time the guaould were almost all dead. Like how wearing crosses would go out of fashion if.... owait

Comment

I like the new hair.

I wasn't particularly fond of the bald look on him.
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
                On a lesser man than Teal'c that might be true. But let's face it... Teal'c is the man.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I thought it also looked particularly dirty and greasy, which seemed contrary to the rest of his very tidy, very disciplned looking clothing.
                  there are two exceptionally good reasons for teal'c's grease-laden hair

1) it's hair conditioner. no one told him once he gooped it all on that he should have rinsed it out

2) it's a secret weapon (one which the writers forgot to utilize). get in a jam? squeeze out some gook, toss on floor, your enemy slips and breaks a leg.

otherwise, it's something i wouldn't want to touch it...

Comment

At first I was like WTF!! Then it kind of grew on me, then I liked it.

Comment

Disturbingly reminded me of Michael Jackson. The only real person who could survive a Wraith feeding, I believe.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

not a hairstyle that i like.

right after sga aired, we caught the TV guide special and they showed scenes of chris practicinig...and he was wearing a headband. LOL

that's why long hair on warriors is bad, it gets in the way
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          not a hairstyle that i like.

right after sga aired, we caught the TV guide special and they showed scenes of chris practicinig...and he was wearing a headband. LOL

that's why long hair on warriors is bad, it gets in the way
                          actually, long hair is bad because your opponent can grab it, pin your head back and then slit your throat.... of course with the weight of Ronon's hair, he coudl whip it around and probably take out someone's eye, so his is a weapon, and Teal'c's is so greasy, nobody could grab it! *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            actually, long hair is bad because your opponent can grab it, pin your head back and then slit your throat.... of course with the weight of Ronon's hair, he coudl whip it around and probably take out someone's eye, so his is a weapon, and Teal'c's is so greasy, nobody could grab it! *cough*
                            Oh, so weird. I am wondering if the fact that folks think his hair is 'greasy' is a cultural thing.

I honestly thought it just looked shiny-- and/or perhaps sweaty...

Actually, grease didn't even register-- before I saw this thread.

You do know that black people tend to ADD greasy substances to their hair to condition it. Really. Seriously.

I am not white-- I have no real clue--and I don't pay attention-- because it is NOT my culture-- but I assume greasy hair is like an anathema or something-- to white people? I guess.

Black people use grease to seal the cuticle and keep their hair healthy-- especially if it has been chemically processed. It looks like Chris Judge might have undergone a slight chemical straightening process-- commonly called a perm or relaxer. In the past, when he has had hair it has been far more tightly curled.

The idea of Teal'C going to a black hair salon on Earth and getting a relaxer amuses me to NO END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black people have an assortment of hair greases that they choose from... just checking my bathroom cabinet....

Castor Oil
                            Mink Oil
                            Indian Hemp (really, that's what the container says-- it's a petroleum based GREASE with little flecks of herbal things)
                            Jojoba Oil
                            African Pride OIL

etc. etc.

Here is a link of EIGHTEEN pages of some greasy, some not... black hair care products.

http://www.hairproducts.com/products_-11.htm

-K
                            Last edited by Kribby; 16 February 2008, 06:41 PM. Reason: misuse of word

Comment

Originally posted by Kribby View Post
                              Oh, so weird. I am wondering if the fact that folks think his hair is 'greasy' is a cultural thing.
                              I believe the 'culture' you refer to is 70s/80s culture.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                              X