X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
    That is true

Spoiler:
    Like i have been saying there is more going on here than we are seeing in these pics and promos....I hate waiting
    Oh, but there's this part where apparently

Spoiler:
    A Repli!McKay gets shot?

Maybe Michael is working together with the Replicators so they can distribute the Poison?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
      Yeah I agree, Sci-fi should have let people know Carson was going to return in these next two eps without spoiling or fiving too much away in in the promo trailer...
      Not to mention the damn announcer said Replicators.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Well, I am assuming everyone who is reading this has seen both promos, so I don't need to use spoiler tags.

I knew they were going to let the cat out of the bag in the promo, not just because its SciFi (whose marketing department has been repeatedly deservedly flamed) has a bad habit of being lax, but also because of the whole "Beckett fans" factor. I have friends who are casual fans, and thought Carson was gone for good, and who are now going to make sure they don't miss next week.

Really my biggest complaint would be that they said it would happen in the last five minutes. If I were strictly a Carson fan, I might tune in only for the second half of the show. I felt that was a even bigger mistake then usual on the part of Scifi.
        If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

If they're going to go ahead and promote his return in the episode, I think it's actually wise of them to specify that it's at the very end. Otherwise they're begging for fan outcry that Carson didn't play a big part in the episode.

I remember a bit of fan outcry over TNG's "Unification, Part 1." Paramount advertised the big appearance of Spock in TNG, and the whole episode turned out to be about Picard and Data trying to find him. Of course he shows up at the very end and delivers the last, single line of dialogue.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
            If they're going to go ahead and promote his return in the episode, I think it's actually wise of them to specify that it's at the very end. Otherwise they're begging for fan outcry that Carson didn't play a big part in the episode.

I remember a bit of fan outcry over TNG's "Unification, Part 1." Paramount advertised the big appearance of Spock in TNG, and the whole episode turned out to be about Picard and Data trying to find him. Of course he shows up at the very end and delivers the last, single line of dialogue.
            Yeah I see what you mean... Carson may only be in the final scene of 'The Kindred' PT1 but PT2 he should have a fairly good appearence IMO...

I think that spoiler could have been handled better by Sci-fi...

Comment

i think, if i were editing the promo, i'd have done it 'you won't believe what happens in the last 5 minutes'...then cut to a shot of their reactions nad keep the gobsmack in

but hey, wasn't me
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think he will show up right before the last commercial break. So we'll see him for like the last 7 or 8 mins. I do not see the episode ending right after Carson says "What took you so long". It should be more like shoot to commercial.
                sigpic

Comment

Good point I remember that. Not Paramounts shining moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    i think, if i were editing the promo, i'd have done it 'you won't believe what happens in the last 5 minutes'...then cut to a shot of their reactions nad keep the gobsmack in

but hey, wasn't me
                    Hmm yeah probably the better move.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      I think he will show up right before the last commercial break. So we'll see him for like the last 7 or 8 mins. I do not see the episode ending right after Carson says "What took you so long". It should be more like shoot to commercial.
                      I don't know. It would be very suspenseful if they show Beckett and then flash the "to be continued" across the screen.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

but hey, wasn't me
                        LoL... I think that is what I would have done aswell... if the fans really wanted to know anything more they then would have to do the leg work and reseach some spoilers...

Comment

Soooo typical....and that will probably happen in next weeks ep but the week after will have lots of Carson.
                          Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
                          &=AWESOME &Forever
                          No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

but hey, wasn't me
                            This is part of the Save Carson Beckett Campaign and SCI FI to heavily promote Carson's return. We've been talking about this episode on SCI FI since the beginning of the season. They even released a press release back in the late summer I believe when the news first broke about him returning in S4.

Right here...

http://www.nbcumv.com/scifi/release_...lionretur.html
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I don't know. It would be very suspenseful if they show Beckett and then flash the "to be continued" across the screen.
                              I agree. Most likely it will be "What took you so long" then the looks of OMG and then "To be continued."

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                I agree. Most likely it will be "What took you so long" then the looks of OMG and then "To be continued."
                                Oh that will soooo happen!
                                Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
                                &=AWESOME &Forever
                                No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Working...
                                X