Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zats and Wraith? (question about the episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zats and Wraith? (question about the episode)

I could be wrong, but during season 1 or two didn't someone mention that 1 shot from a zat won't affect a wraith?

Was that an official response they just forgot about? Or was just an opinion because they didn't want Goa'uld weapons in Atlantis
    Last edited by Hypochondriac; 15 February 2008, 06:43 AM.

i dont remember anyone saying that about zats not affecting the wraith (and how whould they know they have never traid it)

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
      i dont remember anyone saying that about zats not affecting the wraith (and how whould they know they have never traid it)
      Supposedly one of the writers mentioned 1 shot wouldn't stun a wraith. Does anyone else remember something like that?
      Last edited by Hypochondriac; 15 February 2008, 07:59 AM.

Comment

No, the first time zats were seen or mentioned on screen was season 3's the return. A writer mighta said it but whats shown is wutz shown...

Comment

I think it's been speculated that wraith might regen from a zat quickly and that's why they haven't used them in atlantis. But there's never been any hard statement saying so.

Comment

I think at one point Mallozzi said on his blog that Zats wouldn't affect a Wraith, but obviously they changed their minds.

Comment

if you wacthed the episode see that one shot does take down a mean looking wriath warrior down, not only that teal'c "phewed phewed" a couple more wraiths after that
              DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

Nothing the writers say in the blogs or in interviews in cannon until it is shown or stated on screen. That's why the replicators are replicators and not Asurans and that's why Zats effect Wraith.

Perfecto!

Comment

people pay attention too much to writers blogs that haven't been set in stone, we're lucky the writers even give us hints on a day to day basis on their blogs, don't take early writings seriously, cause they can decide to change.

Comment

Zats must be double double effective on wraith, or teal'c was just saving those guys for later, because he only shot them once and moved on.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I knew that the Wraith would be suceptible to zats, all other aliens seem to be even the Asgard who you'd think would be killed right away by them being so small-bodied and all.

Vala,

Comment

I loved seeing zats used on the Wraith. It would have been even better if a Wraith that had recently fed regenerated from being shot and Teal'c zats him three times and he disintegrates, with Teal'c giving a "Regenerate this" look.

Comment

I'm surprised he only stunned them once and left them to wake up in a few minutes. Bad Jaffa Warrior! Bad!
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I used to wonder if the zats where an ancient weapon abandoned in Pegasus because they weren’t effective on Wraith. Maybe somebody else made them or they were upgraded to the ice cream cones.

Comment

SG-1 seasons showed that sometimes it needed to take 2 zat blast to bring someone down like zar tarc or something (those people with a hidden gouald program to kill)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X