Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Default Re: PK heat intollerance

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Was there ever a clear limit to how high a temperature they could endure before starting to be suffering the early effects of heat delirium?
    I don't think they ever really established a "clear limit". I would assume that it would be a temperature at least above 100 - 110 degrees Fahrenheit.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Was there ever a clear limit to how high a temperature they could endure before starting to be suffering the early effects of heat delirium?
    When they cranked the heat on Moya in that one episode to repel the PK boarders I seem to remember it was hot enough to make the other crew uncomfortable and sweaty but not really hot enough to also pose an immediate health risk to them. I'd say a hot day on Earth in a hot place like a desert would probably be enough to cause heat delerium in a Sebacean.

Basically it seems as if heat delerium starts to become a factor under the same sort of conditions where a human might have to start to worry about serious dehydration. The difference being that heat delerium, once it sets in, is irreversible and leaves them in some sort of permanent vegitative state. This is also why they fear it so much, as it's not just a clean death.

In Sam Carter's mind (a figment of imagination ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ./freelancer View Post
    Haha, "the air in space"

(sorry, had to )
    I don't know what else to call it. There's no breathable gases, but there's still molecules flying around everwhere like neutrinos from the sun. It's just vaccumed, non-organic, dead air. Is there another word for it?
    StarshineRoxie
    A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.

Vala Re: PK heat intollerance

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    When they cranked the heat on Moya in that one episode to repel the PK boarders I seem to remember it was hot enough to make the other crew uncomfortable and sweaty but not really hot enough to also pose an immediate health risk to them. I'd say a hot day on Earth in a hot place like a desert would probably be enough to cause heat delerium in a Sebacean.

Basically it seems as if heat delerium starts to become a factor under the same sort of conditions where a human might have to start to worry about serious dehydration. The difference being that heat delerium, once it sets in, is irreversible and leaves them in some sort of permanent vegitative state. This is also why they fear it so much, as it's not just a clean death.
    That's why Zhaan kept Aeryn as cool as they possibly could since Aeryn was the only one of the "gang" that was Sebacean.

I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post

That sounds about right to me.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead