Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wraith shields?

Wraith Wraith shields?

So seen as the apollo and daedalus have amazing shields and weapons and could waste wraith around 10-1 will they get sheilds this season? or when the wraith are up to something are the writers going to write the apollo and deady out of the episode?
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/Logan86/atl024.jpg

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Shielding McKay From Sunlight And Falling Citrus

Default Re: Wraith shields?*spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by True!Ancient View Post
    So seen as the apollo and daedalus have amazing shields and weapons and could waste wraith around 10-1 will they get sheilds this season? or when the wraith are up to something are the writers going to write the apollo and deady out of the episode?
    well i would if the wraith did have shields it will be no way as good as the shields earth currently have

imagine they would be blue or green when fired upon.

maybe once they sort there food they would go on technology and develop that sort of tech but it seems unlikely, they would be far too primitive compared to the ships that have been shown..since they have a certain thousaunds of years improving their tech like the asgard

If the Wraith are given some decent shields then they can return to being a somewhat dangerous menace who use pure brute force to smash into enemy lines. Essentially, the Earth ships will be like how they originally fought the Wraith with their railguns doing almost no visible effect on the massive ships.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

They may just come up with better hull plating. We already know that their hulls regenerate so if a Wraith ship isn't destroyed right away then they can go into hyperspace and heal.

Even if they don't do any of the above they still have the threat of numbers and resilience.

Staff Sergeant

the wraith have proven good with jamming tech
    I would expect they do something more like develop a way to jam the targeting systems so they can't be locked

Quote Originally Posted by artbrann View Post
    the wraith have proven good with jamming tech
    I would expect they do something more like develop a way to jam the targeting systems so they can't be locked
    I didn't even think of that, that's a good idea. The Wraith have proved themselves to be good hackers and can overcome our fancy tech with good old static.

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

or the wraith could upgrade their weapons

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Gaeth View Post
    I didn't even think of that, that's a good idea. The Wraith have proved themselves to be good hackers and can overcome our fancy tech with good old static.
    I like both of those ideas, more than them getting shields... Especially since we seem to rely more on targeting sensors than we do the mark 1 eyeball.

Way dos a hive ship of 11km need any kind of shields, the shire size of the superstructure can with ease absorb a copal of hits from the beam weapons.

In a 1 on 1 battle I think its gone be a draw in favor of the hive
    sorry cant spell

Quote Originally Posted by kefke20 View Post
    Way dos a hive ship of 11km need any kind of shields, the shire size of the superstructure can with ease absorb a copal of hits from the beam weapons.

1 or 2 hits would destroy a hive ship easily it doesnt matter how it regenirates if you keep hitting it definaly go boom

1 or 2 hits would destroy a hive ship easily it doesnt matter how it regenirates if you keep hitting it definaly go boom
    it won’t, it’s to big to massive to be taken out in 1 ore 2 hits.

it’s the same size off a super star destroyer.
    And at blank point range a hive can also take down tau`ri shields in a dozen shots (see no mans land)
    Last edited by kefke20; February 14th, 2008 at 02:38 PM. Reason: wrong word
    sorry cant spell

Staff Sergeant

the ancient sat weapon took out a hive in 1 shot
    we don't know how strong the Asgard plasm beams are compared to the ancient sat

size is impressive, but if you can blow holes the size of semi trucks in it from one side to the other does it mater if it's 10 miles or 1000 miles long?

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by artbrann View Post
    the ancient sat weapon took out a hive in 1 shot
    we don't know how strong the Asgard plasm beams are compared to the ancient sat

size is impressive, but if you can blow holes the size of semi trucks in it from one side to the other does it mater if it's 10 miles or 1000 miles long?
    Yes, it matter tremedously. For one, it means there structure around it to hold it together despite the hole. A smaller ship might simply crack in half. It also means it has tons of space for system redundancy so that if you do take severe damage you can still operate. Now of course, the writers will probably make it so the beam causes a chain of explosions, which is so unrealistic but so commonly used.

Wraith have never had shields. The Aurora class warship had both shields and drones.

The Wraith still "won".

Only way to beat their sheer numbers is for Earth to start spitting out 304's like candy.
    : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
    : Yeah, Get in line.

With the beam weapons, the Hives would go BOOM quickly.

Lieutenant Colonel 2ndgenerationalteran's Avatar
    In the back of your neck, controling your brain

why always shields why not a counter measure (possible some sort of distortion field) that destabilizes the beam causing it to disipate significantly making projectile weapons and drones the weapons of choice
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Yes, it matter tremedously. For one, it means there structure around it to hold it together despite the hole. A smaller ship might simply crack in half. It also means it has tons of space for system redundancy so that if you do take severe damage you can still operate. Now of course, the writers will probably make it so the beam causes a chain of explosions, which is so unrealistic but so commonly used.
    It's not that unrealistic especially if it causes secondary explosions by hitting a fuel center or a dart bay. In No Man's Land Daedalus was able to cause serious damage to a hive with its rail guns by targeting an open dart bay.

You're right about the size and redundancy, and if a hive isn't destroyed right away it can regenerate. That could be another way to deal with beam weapons, speed up the ship's ability to heal combined with a stronger hull material.

Quote Originally Posted by ColCaldwell View Post
    With the beam weapons, the Hives would go BOOM quickly.
    Over 60 hives.

Daedy and Apollo need a lot of friends. Best case scenario, the Oddy would last the longest (zpm, asgard core, etc) - but there is simply too many for our 3 only 304s to do any real substantial damage to before being destroyed.

They would need to add the city ship to the fight to make any real difference.
    : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
    : Yeah, Get in line.

it won’t, it’s to big to massive to be taken out in 1 ore 2 hits.

it’s the same size off a super star destroyer.
    And at blank point range a hive can also take down tau`ri shields in a dozen shots (see no mans land)
    If you didnt notice it took out ori and asuran ships without breaking a sweat i highly doubt they will struggle to take out wraith ships

First Lieutenant

If you didnt notice it took out ori and asuran ships without breaking a sweat i highly doubt they will struggle to take out wraith ships
    Without breaking a sweat? It took a few hits, plus you're comparing that to a ship that is 10 times larger! 10 times! 11 kilometers! The Deady is around 600m, an Aurora about 1km, and an Ori ship anywhere between 1.5km to 3-4km+(depending on which scalings you use). A hive dwarfs them all! That much mass with armor designed to take hits since they don't have shields will not be taken out in a few beam hits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast