Damaged parts of Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damaged parts of Atlantis

In episode "Adrift", there was a building in Atlantis, that had been hit by an astroid, and there was a hundred foot gap inbetween a hallway. Was this building repared?

Never mind, sorry for asking again, I didn´t see the answers for this qeustion untill later.
    Last edited by Dr.Jonsson; 11 February 2008, 08:22 AM.
    sigpicDr.Bj�rn ��r J�nsson

ATA gene natural carrier.

Originally posted by Dr.Jónsson View Post
    In episode "Adrift", there was a building in Atlantis, that had been hit by an astroid, and there was a hundred foot gap inbetween a hallway. Was this building repared?
    most likely done off screen
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think we haven't got ressources for rebuilding such a mess. But I doubt they will keep that in mind. Maybe, they will once say it was repaired, but they won't explain.

Comment

For a random plot idea they could find an ancient repair ship, that would also allow them to repair it without causeing a plothole.
        Best quotes ever:
        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
        Thor:I like the yellow ones
        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

That would not be bad. I'd like them to find an ancient repair ship, because a ship is still a ship, and having one more ship is always an advantage. However, there was never any mention of such a ship...

Comment

Knowing Atlantis, said ship would be around for a whole of one episode (two at most) before they blew it up.

I suspect the damages will simply be forgotten about, but it would be nice if they found a way to revisit the damaged places some time down the line.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

it was the main spire that was hit was it not????

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever
              to the blinder critics and philosophisers of today, but the core of science fiction,
              its essence has become crutial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by josh View Post
                It was not, it was some random building.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by josh View Post
                  No, but it was a smaller version of the main tower. There are 3 of them and seems that there wasn't much of anything in that section anyway.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                    No, but it was a smaller version of the main tower. There are 3 of them and seems that there wasn't much of anything in that section anyway.

Vala,
                    Are you sure it was one of the three "big" towers? It seemed to me as one of the "useless" skyscrapers round the main spire.
                    Still there was something important in that section, some of the controls of sublight engines or something Zelenka wanted to cut off in Lifeline.

Comment

Which is relatively useless in the context of day to day life, since they're sitting on the surface of a planet and don't use the stardrive, no?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHundredaire View Post
                        Which is relatively useless in the context of day to day life, since they're sitting on the surface of a planet and don't use the stardrive, no?
                        Completely. But still, one day, they'll want to fly again...In every case, I prefer to see the damage repaired, if there's any.

Comment

Working...
                        X