Genii mining?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genii mining?

What do you think the Genii were mining offworld on that base? It looked like a pretty extensive facility from the looks of things but nothing was hinted on what it was they were digging. Metals? Something more exotic? Typically, in SG-1, the team would encounter naquadah mines or trinium but neither of those materials have been mentioned on Atlantis and if they were then the Genii would have had a potent energy/metal base if that were the case.

So what were they mining?

Also, they had a symbol in the Genii mine when they crashed into it. Was that the Genii emblem?

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Well, there must be naquadah in the PG because a lot of Ancient technology uses it (unless they found a replacement for it) so perhaps it was naquadah. Though if the Genii had naquadah then they would probably use it for the nuclear weapons and we saw no sign of that. Perhaps it was just uranium or something.

Comment

That facility was quite large, but we've seen the Genii do that before (their underground bunker springs to mind). Personally, I think that mining operation was started waaaaay back when the Genii were an interplanetary alliance, and the knowledge of that was lost when said confederation collapsed.

20 years ago, the current group of 1920s-era Genii rediscovered that facility and put the locals to work.

Totally unsupported by the show (yet) but that's my $0.02
      sigpic
      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Could be naquadah or simply could be coal, lol.

Comment

Weren’t the Genii supposed to be super secretive in their underground hiding places/society… it seems as though almost everyone in the galaxy knows that they aren’t simple farmers…

Comment

I don't really remember the ep, so nr1 might be incorrect:

1 It might have been thought that the Genii in the ep were Genii farmers, not THE interplanetary superpower might stuff Genii
            2 It might be that they stepped down from that after the SG team discovered them.

Comment

I agree though, it seemed like a pretty extensive facility. Makes one wonder on what kind of equipment the Genii have access to in order to build something like that.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by SGA-1 View Post
                Weren’t the Genii supposed to be super secretive in their underground hiding places/society… it seems as though almost everyone in the galaxy knows that they aren’t simple farmers…
                That aspect seems to have been quietly phased out. For a super secret identity, they did a poor job of hiding it when everyone seems to have some Genii story to tell that does not involve farming.

Comment

Well to be fair, the farming aspect is primarily to make the Wraith think they are primitive; the affect on other human civilizations is just a bonus. With the number of Wraith Worshippers though, I think the Genii need to become extra careful as they might tip their masters about the underground city on the Genii homeworld. Mind you Im sure the Genii have contingencies in place just in case their homeworld falls but it would be a crippling blow if it happened.

Comment

There should be traces of the metal (or whatever) they are mining in the surrounding soil.

The Genii shouldn't have the mining precision to remove ALL traces of the material they are searching for. If they do, then maybe they got their hands on some Ancient mining equipment.

Maybe they will revisit the site in a latter episode, I would like to see what needed such an advanced and secure lock on that door.

Comment

Maybe they were mining Uranium. They needed it for their nukes didn't they. Might explain the toxins Keller was talking about.

Yeah it is a wonder why the Genii have not been discovered yet. It seems several planets know they are not simple farmers. Perhaps they were operating under a different name but it doesn't look that way.
                      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by Dobberman View Post
                        Well, there must be naquadah in the PG because a lot of Ancient technology uses it (unless they found a replacement for it) so perhaps it was naquadah. Though if the Genii had naquadah then they would probably use it for the nuclear weapons and we saw no sign of that. Perhaps it was just uranium or something.
                        Uh not as far as I can recall.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The stuff they put in THE BOMB, uranium, they said they had plenty of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                            The stuff they put in THE BOMB, uranium, they said they had plenty of it.
                            My thoughts exactly!
                            : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                            : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

I asked Joseph Mallozzi on his blog the comment that I posted before:

And his reply was:

They were, but as a result of their run-ins with Atlantis over the years and the shifting presence of the wraith, their super secret has been rendered…well, not so secret.

Comment

Working...
                              X