STUPID...Stupid.....stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
    Isn't that a bar trick for free beer...?
    lol i have seen that in several bar's so i guess it qualifies as one

Comment

I agree with the notion that they should have eliminated excess weight in the room to compensate for their arrival. The crates alone I think would have gone a long way toward shedding the weight along with scooping out the dirt. The room had been there for what appeared to be decades even with the quakes. It seems like a very odd coincidence that the room should decide to fall hours after the trio arrived if it wasn't a factor of the extra weight.

So, IMO, they should have gotten rid of the crates by busting them up and scooping them out the red door. I betcha that hanging chain int he room alone weighed 100 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by o-0 View Post
        Three GENIUS heads are better than one, right? WRONG!!!!
        The danger of the room collapsing was due to the extra weight of the 3 of them and the soil they dropped inside, SO WHY NOT JUST THROW OUT SOME OF THE USELESS WEIGHT? They had a door that had a chasm on the other side where they could've tossed out everything in the room that they couldn't use and all they would have to do is wait for Atlantis to check in. ITS THAT SIMPLE.

I'm getting tired of the lack of intelligence these geniuses seem to have. If you want to make an episode that focuses on character development, don't get too focused on the characters because then you make mistakes such as this. THATS RIGHT I'M TALKING TO YOU, WRITERS!!!!
        So first you get rid of all the material in the room, then you figure you could use 2 crates and a support beam to climb out of there. Wait, wait, didn't we just throw that out of the room?

Comment

or don't bother climbing out at all. The place was very old and like Keller said, "this place is just a tetanus shot waiting to happen." They should have known with their collective brainpower that the crates were too unstable to support any of them as well as the frequent quakes making it hazardous to climb anywhere.

Comment

Well remember that the place was suffering from constant tremors so even if they removed the extra weight beyondthe dirt then eventually the place would have collapsed. So they had to find alternatives to escape the place.

I felt sorry for poor Sam... I mean two attempts and she failed badly... and not the good fail, I mean she got injured quite badly. I quite enjoyed the character interactions.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
              Well remember that the place was suffering from constant tremors so even if they removed the extra weight beyondthe dirt then eventually the place would have collapsed. So they had to find alternatives to escape the place.

I'm saying that the place stood there for decades without collapsing and their weight is what caused the room to ultimately collapse. So it would stand to reason that the room might still be there if they hadn't fallen in. Since they did, they should have gotten rid of the excess weight.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                I'd revise that to two genius heads. And one girl who can do a bar trick for free beer instead of flashing her chest. And sweep. She sweeps dirt.
                The one girl who found the way out and helped the two others into the safety shaft..... Keller wins the Hero/genius contest....:lol Game over.
                Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

OK, my bad on the dirt part; I had to rewatch the episode on youtube which was extremely bad quality.

Still, after they tried to stack the crates Rodney specifically said, "The bottom level wont hold. The crates aren't strong enough to stack." Therefore, they should have at least brought up the idea of dumping the extra useless weight in the room to buy them more time. By extra useless weight, I mean the crates that were destroyed from the first attempt and anything else in the room that didn't seem useful. For the bar trick, they only needed two crates and a few wooden boards (I think they should have used two boards or more for each side instead of just one for extra support).

Another thing about the bar trick is, if they didn't throw out the crates then they could've used them for this trick by stacking them in the middle of the structure to add extra support to the center where all of the weight was concentrated.

After the bar trick failed, there was no point in keeping the crates (if there were any left), especially since Rodney came up with the cannon idea. My point is, there were a lot of things that they could have done to maximize their chances of success and survival but that they didn't do.

Comment

Look, the point is thus; when you don't know exactly what out of the present materials you'll need down the road, you don't get rid of any of them. In any emergency situation, you try and keep as many materials on hand, no matter how useless they may seem at the time. For example, had they gotten rid of the heavy piping early on, McKay's canon would never have worked.

Whether or not you think it was a good idea doesn't really matter here, because it was doing the opposite of what you suggested that saved their lives in the long run.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

We were shown Keller sweep away the dirt, I think it would have been pointless for them to have shown them moving the boxes as well. I mean they were shown to have made use of various plots and all failed for one reason or another. For them to write about getting rid of the weight which might not have done any good would have been nothing but a waste of show time. Ultimately, the place had grown to be unstable so its better to have attempted to leave rather then sit around in hopes that the place wouldnt just fall over.

To be honest, I think it turned out quite nice as it shows that despite having the two greatest minds on Earth - they were still incapable of finding a way out of the mine through their own means. I mean it could very well have been the case that they just get the Daedalus or Apollo over the planet and beam them out but that would have just made the entire episode a waste of storyline. This way it was done quite nicely, by sheer luck and Keller's near demise were they able to find a way out.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119
                        Look, the point is thus; when you don't know exactly what out of the present materials you'll need down the road, you don't get rid of any of them. In any emergency situation, you try and keep as many materials on hand, no matter how useless they may seem at the time. For example, had they gotten rid of the heavy piping early on, McKay's canon would never have worked.

Whether or not you think it was a good idea doesn't really matter here, because it was doing the opposite of what you suggested that saved their lives in the long run.
                        They used a rope to swing out of there. How is that the opposite of anything I said?

Also, by your reasoning, even if it is causing your demise, you should keep any and all materials with you. If you were drowning in the sea and there were huge wooden crates tied to your legs, keeping you down, would you keep them tied to your legs because they might prove useful later on?

Comment

Also, by your reasoning, even if it is causing your demise, you should keep any and all materials with you. If you were drowning in the sea and there were huge wooden crates tied to your legs, keeping you down, would you keep them tied to your legs because they might prove useful later on?
                          You're twisting what I said and you know it. Obviously if there's something that's going to kill you right now, you drop it. But all that stuff wasn't going to kill them straight-away, was it? They knew they had time to try and figure a way out of there, so they kept the stuff. If it had seemed it was going to collapse within a minute, they would have shoved everything out.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Huge wooden crates wouldn't drag you down underwater.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              You're twisting what I said and you know it. Obviously if there's something that's going to kill you right now, you drop it. But all that stuff wasn't going to kill them straight-away, was it? They knew they had time to try and figure a way out of there, so they kept the stuff. If it had seemed it was going to collapse within a minute, they would have shoved everything out.
                              The room was creaking like crazy and the tremors should have scared them enough. It would've seemed like the room was gonna fall soon for me.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Huge wooden crates wouldn't drag you down underwater.
                              Huge wooden crates filled with heavy things then.

Comment

Spoilers. Forgot how to do it, my bad..... If you don't want season five spoiled then don't read. Once again, my bad.

How about the ep. should have been scratched to begin with and never ever ever put into production. Worst episode ever. (I thought I would never say that cliche) Then to top it all off I get n line the next day to find out that Carter, Weir and Tayla are gone, Wolsey is in command and Beckett is back for another five eps. in season five. Nice going. Atlantis is the only show I watch in real time. Everything else I wait tell the next day or to. (do to my busy working shedule of course) And now I have no desire to watch next season when it first airs. Atlantis is also the ONLY show I watch on SciFi. Mainly because they are to caught up in change and shock then writing a good series. Ex. Lets make Starbuck a girl. Now lets make her a Silon. Yep don't watch that anymore.

I like Beckett by the way. Although SciFi needs to learn that you cant kill off a charectar in an explosion just to bring them back. This isn't a cartoon.
                                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                                X