STUPID...Stupid.....stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STUPID...Stupid.....stupid

Three GENIUS heads are better than one, right? WRONG!!!!
    The danger of the room collapsing was due to the extra weight of the 3 of them and the soil they dropped inside, SO WHY NOT JUST THROW OUT SOME OF THE USELESS WEIGHT? They had a door that had a chasm on the other side where they could've tossed out everything in the room that they couldn't use and all they would have to do is wait for Atlantis to check in. ITS THAT SIMPLE.

I'm getting tired of the lack of intelligence these geniuses seem to have. If you want to make an episode that focuses on character development, don't get too focused on the characters because then you make mistakes such as this. THATS RIGHT I'M TALKING TO YOU, WRITERS!!!!

Keller was shown scooping the dirt out the door. They thought they needed the crates to climb back out, so they didn't get rid of those. As for waiting for Atlantis, well, the room was destabilized already and the tremors were making it worse.

Comment

Well, they can either dump everything and hope that the box doesn't collapse in the next 5.5 hours, or they can keep some of the stuff and attempt to escape before the box collapses.

I think both options makes sense, and knowing the trio, I doubt they'll just sit on their hands hoping the next few tremors won't shake the box loose. They'll do something about it, which means they'll need the stuff.

Comment

With the tremors destabilizing the room as quickly as it was, they had to try to get out. They needed some of the stuff in the room to do it. It didn't catch Keller scooping dirt, but I must not have been paying close enough attention. But good that she was show doing it.
        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by o-0 View Post
          The danger of the room collapsing was due to the extra weight of the 3 of them and the soil they dropped inside, SO WHY NOT JUST THROW OUT SOME OF THE USELESS WEIGHT? They had a door that had a chasm on the other side where they could've tossed out everything in the room that they couldn't use and all they would have to do is wait for Atlantis to check in. ITS THAT SIMPLE.

I'm getting tired of the lack of intelligence these geniuses seem to have. If you want to make an episode that focuses on character development, don't get too focused on the characters because then you make mistakes such as this. THATS RIGHT I'M TALKING TO YOU, WRITERS!!!!
          Originally posted by 1138 View Post
          Keller was shown scooping the dirt out the door. They thought they needed the crates to climb back out, so they didn't get rid of those. As for waiting for Atlantis, well, the room was destabilized already and the tremors were making it worse.

You must feel like such an idiot now.
          These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by 1138 View Post
            I re-watched the episode just now and didn't see her scooping any dirt anywhere. As for the crates, after the first attempt failed, they would have no reason for using all of them again (the bar trick only used one or two crates and there were several in the room that they didn't need).

Originally posted by Detox View Post
            You must feel like such an idiot now.
            Nope, quite the contrary.

Comment

Well, you should feel like an idiot. I just went back and checked. Keller did scoop dirt out of the room. It happens 10 minutes into the episode when they start to stack the crates for the first time.
              I am not responsible for the content of the message above.

Comment

^Yep. And here's proof:

As for the crates; after the initial failure, they didn't know that they'd only need a few more. That's the point. They don't know what they'll need, so they can't just randomly throw things away.

Comment

I'd revise that to two genius heads. And one girl who can do a bar trick for free beer instead of flashing her chest. And sweep. She sweeps dirt.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I re-watched the episode just now and didn't see her scooping any dirt anywhere. As for the crates, after the first attempt failed, they would have no reason for using all of them again (the bar trick only used one or two crates and there were several in the room that they didn't need).
                    Watch it again. Right after they decide to stack the boxes the first time.

INT. UNDERGROUND ROOM

KELLER: Well, there are a lot of... a lot of crates in here.
                    MCKAY: Yeah, rickety old ones. I killed like three of them on the way down.
                    KELLER: Yeah but maybe we could make a pyramid. Stack 'em up. Climb out.
                    MCKAY: I don't think there's enough to...
                    CARTER: Uh, there are, actually... Just barely enough to get us high enough. We should be able to make it work.
                    MCKAY: Think it'll support our weight?
                    CARTER: Only one way to find out.

MCKAY and KELLER help Sam push one of the larger crates. Music starts as the shot fades to the next shot.

INT. UNDERGROUND MINING FACILITY

KELLER scoops dirt out of the room through the now opened RED DOOR by using a piece of debris as a sweeper. CARTER can be seen moving another crate in the background.

MCKAY: Alright. I figure if we're going to do this, we need to stack these things like twenty feet high if we're going to climb out. So no matter how we build it, it's gonna be unstable.

Comment

I re-watched the episode just now and didn't see her scooping any dirt anywhere.
                      So, the real problem is you haven't been paying attention.

As for the crates, after the first attempt failed, they would have no reason for using all of them again (the bar trick only used one or two crates and there were several in the room that they didn't need).
                      How could they have known that?

Nope, quite the contrary.
                      Keep digging.

Comment

Hate to burst anyone's bubble, that was a stupid episode imo. They have completely wandered off the story line and anything which has remotely to do with Stargate, Atlantis or space in general. The only thing I enjoyed was to see Sam bounce off the floor that many times. Jeez.
                        sigpic

Comment

Y'know, at first I was prepared to think the same thing: you have the two most brilliant minds of Atlantis, plus someone who finished college at age 18, stuck in a box. Can they figure out how to get out? (Sounds like a question on an IQ test. It's also sort of like "Apollo 13": here's our dire circumstances, and all we have to work with are these random items.) Anyway, I myself was wondering how it would play out, and secretly hoping the characters didn't act stupidly and UNcharacteristically.

So I watched the show warily, but I was very glad to see throughout that everyone acted respectably and very IN-character. As I mentioned on another thread, all three of them came up with at least one viable idea. Did those ideas work out? No, obviously.... but not due to anything THEY did. The episode ended up being a good combination of brains and brawn.

My only quibbles (which are very minor): I thought that by the time they finished the two separate attempts with the boxes, it would have been almost the time for Atlantis to come. (Altho, no, they couldn't necessarily wait for that because they didn't know when the room would collapse.) Also, I wondered why these particular three characters (a physicist, a doctor, and the team leader) would be the ones to talk to the planet's populace. Carter makes sense because she's a voice of authority (altho not to THEM), and McKay might make sense as he can explain the danger of the tremors--but they should have found someone w/ better diplomatic skills. But why take a doctor? What sense did that make? Plus, it seemed odd that nobody was scheduled to meet them at the gate, either other Atlantis team members or town leaders. Those are my only (minor) quibbles.

Comment

A big minus to the one that started this thread, please get the facts straight before posting such a thread, and you can do better than all those capitals.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              And one girl who can do a bar trick for free beer instead of flashing her chest.
                              Isn't that a bar trick for free beer...?
                              sigpic
                              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Working...
                              X