I thought keller had no social life??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought keller had no social life??

eariler in the season keller went on about missing a lot in life parties being
    with friends.

so how did she know the beer game ....how did she makes the time to go out to a party and learn it??
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    eariler in the season keller went on about missing a lot in life parties being
    with friends.

so how did she know the beer game ....how did she makes the time to go out to a party and learn it??
    Uh? She's in her late 20's!

Comment

Yeah, some things you just know, whether you actually do them or not.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Exactly. She was talking about when she was a teen/in high school in Quarantine.

Obviously she did lots of catching up

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
          Exactly. She was talking about when she was a teen/in high school in Quarantine.

Obviously she did lots of catching up
          I thought she was talking about college/uni too from the fact she was a lot younger than the others.

Still it does make her 'sob story' in Quarantine even less worthy of sympathy if that's the case. It's not like she's been a complete social outcast - oh dear she didn't get in with the popular crowd at school, how terribly tragic...

That's a bit of sloppy writing and characterisation that I hope they never bring up again to be honest because to complain about something like that doesn't really endear people to her.
          sigpic
          by Kaaatie

Comment

She was talking about ways to get free beer at bars; you don't need to have a social life to hang out at bars all night, usually it's the opposite. My take on it was that she learned it because she was lonely and needed something to do at the bar, so she learned that to get free beer.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I bet the bar life turned her into who *snip* she is now. She was probably perfectly normal as a kid, then when she was singled out for her smarts she fled to the bars to be treated normal and that turned into her sleeping with any guy who didn't give her a weirdo look.
              Last edited by kiwigater; 09 February 2008, 05:12 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                She was talking about ways to get free beer at bars; you don't need to have a social life to hang out at bars all night, usually it's the opposite. My take on it was that she learned it because she was lonely and needed something to do at the bar, so she learned that to get free beer.
                Nothing wrong with getting free beer!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                  Not really. She doesn't seem like the type to have the brassy confidence to hang out in a bar on her own.
                  sigpic
                  by Kaaatie

Comment

I knew somebody was gonna start a thread about this.

Honestly, I don't think it's even worth bringing it up. I don't go to bars and hardly ever go to parties but I still know a ton of drinking games.

I think it's just another excuse for people to complain about Keller.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
                      Not really. She doesn't seem like the type to have the brassy confidence to hang out in a bar on her own.
                      I agree. I guess they just needed a way to make that part happen and since we already know a lot about McKay and Carter, it wouldn't have worked with them so they made it be Keller. Although after finding out she didn't hang out with too many people, that seemed out of place.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        It is not technically possible for Keller to be in her late 20's, have finished medical school and be added to a top-secret Atlantis expedition with just like 5-6 years of medical practice.

While I really like Jewel Staite as an actress, but I'm afraid the character of Dr. Jennifer Keller is totally screwed up.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneGunman View Post
                          I bet the bar life turned her into the slut she is now. She was probably perfectly normal as a kid, then when she was singled out for her smarts she fled to the bars to be treated normal and that turned into her sleeping with any guy who didn't give her a weirdo look.
                          Have you by any chance just got a train in from the 19th century?

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                            I think it's just another excuse for people to complain about Keller.
                            Got that right. Any little thing they'll jump on over Keller but if/when it's another more "likable" SGA cast member they're quick to defend it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneGunman View Post
                              I bet the bar life turned her into the slut she is now. She was probably perfectly normal as a kid, then when she was singled out for her smarts she fled to the bars to be treated normal and that turned into her sleeping with any guy who didn't give her a weirdo look.
                              Seriously, how is she a slut? We have absolutely no indication that she slept with either Ronon or Rodney. And if she did, so what!! This whole puritan attitude really pisses me off. Why do people have to be sexually repressed to not be called a slut? Same thing with Sheppard. So he flirts with every alien chick who's easy on the eyes, so what!!!

Perfecto!

Comment

Working...
                              X