IMO always implied.

Comment

Won't Get Fooled Again

Comment

Die Me Dichotomy

Comment

Die Me Dichotomy - 9
          Won't Get Fooled Again - 2

Thus, we have a winner! Thanks for playing guys and gals, see you in the Season 3 (and 4!) tournaments

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

woohoo Die Me Dichotomy won! thanks for the tournament Celsius
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Of course it did And yes, thanks for the tournament! Though I still can't believe Taking the Stone was beaten by Beware of Dog

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
              The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Yay Great tournament! I loved most of these episodes (this is my favorite season) but DMD was always my clear winner (with WGFA and CDM as my next two) so it's nice to see the results reflect that!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Another great tourney Celsius!!!

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                  Yay Great tournament! I loved most of these episodes (this is my favorite season) but DMD was always my clear winner (with WGFA and CDM as my next two) so it's nice to see the results reflect that!

-Stef
                  Well i agree with you on DMD and WGFA but the 'humor' in Crackers just fell flat with me - I didn't dislike the ep, but it wouldn't even be in my top 10.

As for my top 3rd that's a hard choice - maybe the Look at the Princess Trilogy, or The Way We Weren't (which nicely ended up 4th) or Out of their Minds.

With the exception of Crackers ending up way to high and LATP ending way way too low , it was a pretty good tourney.
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Not a fan of "Die Me Dichotomy" because of Aeryn's "death".

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                      Well i agree with you on DMD and WGFA but the 'humor' in Crackers just fell flat with me - I didn't dislike the ep, but it wouldn't even be in my top 10.

As for my top 3rd that's a hard choice - maybe the Look at the Princess Trilogy, or The Way We Weren't (which nicely ended up 4th) or Out of their Minds.
                      Ah well, we can't all be fans of the same stuff I liked LATP well enough, but for a spectacular season....it fell a little short compared to a lot of them. Although I am a fan of how it began

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                        Now if she had stayed dead, I would be agreeing with you. But as she survived, I think it was handled wonderfully and was very tense and angsty. A hard ep to watch but possibly my favorite of the whole series.
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                          I think that's part of what made it such a great episode. You rarely ever see a regular cast member die (unless you watch SG-1 ), so it's quite emotional when it actually happens. And I'd choose an emotional episode over a humorous one every time.

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
                            I think that's part of what made it such a great episode. You rarely ever see a regular cast member die (unless you watch SG-1 ), so it's quite emotional when it actually happens. And I'd choose an emotional episode over a humorous one every time.
                            For me it's not the killing of a regular character that makes it good. In fact that usually pisses me off. But you have to have a reason for the character to be in that situation and for the death to have meaning (for the wrong way to do it see SG1). I felt Farscape handled it magnificiently. It had great buildup - you didn't see it coming, and when you did you couldn't believe it, the death resonated past the episode and had consequences.

Now I didn't watch the show as it 1st aired so I'm sure it would have affected me differently if I had to wait to find out if Aeryn lived. And for those that viewed it that way I can understand your point of view.

I just hate it though when shows shoot/kill someone just to get rid of the character of for a ratings or other stupid reasons (see SG1 ) as that's more likely to make me quit watching the show. Luckily for me I felt that Farscape never fell into that trap. (well maybe with Sikozu that was rather rushed).
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                              For me it's not the killing of a regular character that makes it good. In fact that usually pisses me off. But you have to have a reason for the character to be in that situation and for the death to have meaning (for the wrong way to do it see SG1). I felt Farscape handled it magnificiently. It had great buildup - you didn't see it coming, and when you did you couldn't believe it, the death resonated past the episode and had consequences.

Now I didn't watch the show as it 1st aired so I'm sure it would have affected me differently if I had to wait to find out if Aeryn lived. And for those that viewed it that way I can understand your point of view.

I just hate it though when shows shoot/kill someone just to get rid of the character of for a ratings or other stupid reasons (see SG1 ) as that's more likely to make me quit watching the show. Luckily for me I felt that Farscape never fell into that trap. (well maybe with Sikozu that was rather rushed).
                              Well of course I didn't just mean the death itself, but rather all the stuff around it. Like you said, the fact that when it happened you couldn't believe it. That has a certain power (at least to me). When Aeryn was killed it was just so...unexpected. You didn't see it coming at all. And it was handled perfectly. If you want a great example of how not to do it, watch the Star Trek TNG episode where Tasha was killed. That was a completely meaningsless death, a death you give to redshirts. Aeryn's death made sense.

Sikozu was a big mistake, but I'm gonna let that one slip because Farscape is so damn awesome

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
                                Well of course I didn't just mean the death itself, but rather all the stuff around it. Like you said, the fact that when it happened you couldn't believe it. That has a certain power (at least to me). When Aeryn was killed it was just so...unexpected. You didn't see it coming at all. And it was handled perfectly.
                                Oh yeah - the 1st time I saw it and the part where John comes back to himself and realizes what he's done but there's not a lot they can do. Then Aeryn bails and then falls thru the ice. Wow - just really grabbed me. I think they did the funeral scene good to with John standing off to the side of the rest.

I can forgive the Sikozu death because I never cared for the character so the fact she was off the show was a good thing but the whole bit of her being a Scarran spy never sat well with me. There was nothing I remember that pointed to that.

Didn't Tasha get sucked up by some oil creature? I haven't watched Trek in years but I still remember that was bad.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X