No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Enterprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for me i love star trek, but i was only around for star trek enterprise so i have no opinion on the others. I like the enterprise because it showed more of the alien species. I like the space fights, they were really done well. i do wish that even if enterprise does not come back that a new show will come fouth. I hope the movie goes over well so that more fans will want to watch star trek!!!

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
      My personal favorite screw up of all of Enterprise is *drum roll*

A ship of 80 people only has 2-4(four bays but only two pods are ever shown) 7-people shuttle pods. Seven because that is the most I can ever remember fitting in there. So they can evacuate between 14 and 28 people in case of an emergency without using the lifepods. Less than 1/3 the crew. Also none of the pods had warp drive. Star fleet had the ability to go to warp 3 in a smallish vehicle(see the prototype for the NX class) It wouldn't be fast but it would be a start. For a race without effective transporters this is a HUGE Oversight.

overall Enterprise was okay. Seasons 3-4 especially 4 were good. I loved the 3-4 episode overlapping mini arcs. The Finale was just plain sad.
      As we saw in In a mirror darkly the NX's have escape pods.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

enterprise is my favoirte startrek series... I don't think it was a crap show it show how the ships and people before the federation, ect. It did show alot a bout the valcuns and andorians...
        sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

I stopped watching Star Trek a while ago because it wasn't my thing anymore. But out of curiosity I watched ENT when it aired here. And I was suprised how much I liked it.
          After Season 2 I couldn't continue with it, but now that I finally got the chance to watch Season 3 it seems I missed the best of it. I love the story around the Xindi, especially the second half, and the Expanse.
          The only drawback is that I despise Archer, but with Trip, T'Pol, Reed and Phlox (and Shren ) there are enough I love, so it doesn't really matter.

Never thought I would plan to buy the DVDs of a Star Trek series.
          That's all folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwin View Post
            I stopped watching Star Trek a while ago because it wasn't my thing anymore. But out of curiosity I watched ENT when it aired here. And I was suprised how much I liked it.
            After Season 2 I couldn't continue with it, but now that I finally got the chance to watch Season 3 it seems I missed the best of it. I love the story around the Xindi, especially the second half, and the Expanse.
            The only drawback is that I despise Archer, but with Trip, T'Pol, Reed and Phlox (and Shren ) there are enough I love, so it doesn't really matter.

Never thought I would plan to buy the DVDs of a Star Trek series.
            The thing about all of Season 3 is that it did something with a starfleet captain that we'd never seen before. Took him to a very very very very dark place and left him there.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The episode which portrays Mind-Melds as being socially unacceptable was done to satisfy the network.

The network insisted that all of their shows do an episode on AIDS. Obviously, Star Trek struggled on that point and the Mind-Meld virus was their analogy.

Back on point, Enterprise was top TV, awful Trek.

Comment

Enterprise was Fantastic Trek and a Great show altogether. Sure, season 1 had its flaws but 3 and 4 where amazing. There are too many people who hate this show just because it doesn't fit in with TOS. Quite frankly TOS is the worst Trek for "Trek Canon" out of any of them. They are in essence based on details from TNG, not TOS. Enterprise did an amazing job of trying to fix all of TOS's imperfections (ex. Klingon skulls - which they answered) while staying true TNG's technical details ( the whole warp speed measurement system- warp 10 max in TNG, infinite in TOS). The show was well written and actually took on long story arcs, which all the other series missed out on.

nit piking the show because the opening is different, or because there are aliens no one had ever seen is rediculous. The show expanded on aliens we had heard of but never "really" seen (tholians), and gave us incites into cultures of the federation before there was a federation. The Vulcans aren't evil in ENT its just their government which is stuck in the past, and has become corrupt because of it. This is nothing new to the Vulcan "story", they have always struggled with their past and been stuck in tradition. humans and vulcans have always had a relationship of their slow to our fast, even spock was the breaks to kirks gas. Sure, in ENT its a little more pronounced and causes tension but it should since our relationship is young.

Visually Enterprise was amazing, better computer graphics can do that for a show. But also, it felt more real. The ship wasn't padded in luxury and wasn't carrying a trained unstoppable crew of 1000+. It had a real feel of being lived in, and toiled in. Also, they finally visited alien societies in ENT, We get to see what the galaxy is like without the PeaceKeeping, Love pushing, Strong arm of the Federation. Every species and planet is raw and selfish, the federation hasn't brought them together.

Everything about this show was great, It beats the hell out of Voyager (which in my opinion killed trek) and really tries to give a new life to trek. I think it stays true to the TNG,VOY,DS9 canon and does an excellent job bridging the rift between TOS and them together.
                "Sadly, I understood that. Where did all those Saturday nights go?" - Rodney McKay

Comment

*deep breathe*

My name is GateofDOOM and I am a fan of Star Trek Enterprise.

*looks around, dodges flying projectiles*

I'm not sure why this show has such a bad rep. Although it'll probably be the last ST series for quite some time I feel like it took ST to another level. One things that's frustrating about the other shows is that they, for the most part, lack the long story arcs which I think make TV shows more interesting than movies.
                  I know that Voyager's plot was ruled by the crew's efforts to get back home and that DS9 had its overriding conflict with the cardasiens and that TNG even had some continuing Klingon stuff, but really, most of the episodes were one-offs. And, of course, ToS was entirely one-offs. And although I do love those series (eh...for the most part) I think that television is developing more into the story arc formula. (See: Heroes, Stargate(to a lesser extent, but still!), 24, Lost etc.)
                  I think its excellent that ST tried to move itself beyond its traditional formula, and too bad that it got such a unenthusiastic response.

...Although I have to admit that those obligatory forced sexual tension scenes in the decontamination chamber were a bit too much.
                  "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

...Although I have to admit that those obligatory forced sexual tension scenes in the decontamination chamber were a bit too much.
                    Aint that the truth

but the show was great, I liked the whole temporal coldwar arcs a lot, it was a creative art of the series
                    Xavier Cortez in GWRP
                    sigpic
                    BALINSKY: Yes these markings, this stone and architecture ... oh Dr. Jackson is going to die when he sees this.
                    DIXON: What, again?

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
                      And I also love the opening music.
                      Good lord thank goodness I am not the only one!!!

My husband hates it, but I love it. I am even geeky enough to have the chorus on my cell phone.

Yes I am that geeky. And proud of it!

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                      Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by GateofDOOM View Post
                        *deep breathe*

My name is GateofDOOM and I am a fan of Star Trek Enterprise.

*looks around, dodges flying projectiles*
                        I am too. *ducks projectiles with GateofDoom*

But I can also profess to not being a Trekkie. I have never seen any other series, but will be, put down the phase pistol. My husband just insisted that in order to truly appreciate the complexities of being a Trekkie I have to watch the series chronologically. So TOS is up next, as I just finished season four of ENT.

And aside from the death of Tucker (my fave character) I have to say that I really don't have any major beefs with the series. In a Mirror, Darkly Parts 1 and 2 are my fave episodes with Similtude being my fave Tucker episode.

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                        Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson View Post
                          And aside from the death of Tucker (my fave character) I have to say that I really don't have any major beefs with the series. In a Mirror, Darkly Parts 1 and 2 are my fave episodes with Similtude being my fave Tucker episode.
                          Good Episodes!
                          Similtude made me cry.
                          "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

The problem I had with it was casting..as I mentioned in another thread, I have a friend that works at Paramount, and he told me that they actually went to local gyms to look for cast members...It seemed to me that a lot of things on the show were too gratuitous...and yeah they did not do their research at all.

Comment

Hi I am Star Trek fan and I love ENT
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I know there is lots of critisism of Enterprise, but the important thing for mr at the end of the day is that I loved it and it entertained me greatly. Seasons 3 and 4 are just wonderful (now will go and hide in my closet).

Comment

Working...
                                X