Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Originally posted by Darren View Post
    Check out the full story on GateWorld!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...lantisi_.shtml
    for real???
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Thats just awesome . I'm happy about that, better than adding a character nobody knows of and Woolsey has become a good likeable character since his return in S9 of SG1

I look forward to Season 5

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        for real???
        I second that eek.

I am not too fond of the his character--

Comment

Here's the original press release

http://www.nbcumv.com/scifi/release_...39schoice.html

PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER 'STARGATE ATLANTIS' BEGINS PRODUCTION ON SEASON 5
          Published: February 5, 2008

Robert Picardo To Join Cast
          Show Will Hit 100th Episode This Season

SCI FI Channel's recent People's Choice Award winner, Stargate Atlantis, will begin production later this month on its fifth original season. The new 20-episode season will include the series' benchmark 100th episode. Produced and distributed by MGM Television, Stargate Atlantis is filmed in Vancouver, Canada.

As Atlantis speeds toward its centennial episode, the Stargate universe promises new and surprising developments. The status quo is shaken following the events of season 4 (currently airing on SCI FI, Friday nights at 10pm) – some cherished friends are lost, others are found. New alliances are forged while new races are introduced.

Robert Picardo, whom Stargate fans will recognize as International Oversight Committee rep "Richard Woolsey," joins the Stargate Atlantis cast this season as Woolsey assumes command of the Atlantis expedition. The team, led by Lt. Colonel Sheppard (Joe Flanigan), Dr. Rodney McKay (David Hewlett), Teyla (Rachel Luttrell), Ronon (Jason Momoa) and Dr. Jennifer Keller (Jewel Staite), must adjust to his unique leadership style.

Fan favorite Paul McGillion, will return for five episodes to reprise his role as the beloved "Dr. Carson Beckett." Amanda Tapping ("Colonel Samantha Carter"), who remains a fixture of the Stargate universe, will appear as a special guest star in several episodes this season and Stargate SG-1 star Michael Shanks ("Dr. Daniel Jackson") will appear as a special guest in episodes as well.

Stargate Atlantis follows the adventures of an intrepid team of military and civilian explorers who travel the distant Pegasus galaxy by means of a Stargate, a portal created long ago by a highly advanced alien civilization called the Ancients. In their never-ending quest to seek out other technologies left behind by the Ancients, the Atlantis team encounters alien cultures – some friend, some foe.

The series is executive produced by Brad Wright, Robert Cooper, Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie, Carl Binder, and Martin Gero. Mallozzi and Mullie share the reins as showrunners.

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc., through its operating subsidiaries is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, interactive media, music, and licensed merchandise. The company owns the world's largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units including Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., Ventanazul, MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC, MGM ON STAGE, MGM Music, MGM Consumer Products and MGM Interactive. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in international TV channels reaching approximately 120 countries and territories around the world. MGM ownership is currently as follows: Providence Equity Partners (29%), Texas Pacific Group (21%), Sony Corporation of America (20%), Comcast (20%), DLJ Merchant Banking Partners (7%) and Quadrangle Group (3%). For more information, visit www.mgmchannel.com

SCI FI Channel is a television network where "what if" is what's on. SCI FI fuels the imagination of viewers with original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as a dynamic Web site (www.scifi.com <http://www.scifi.com>) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 93 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.

Atlantis is soooo screwed with Woolsey in charge!
          Last edited by prion; 05 February 2008, 08:01 AM. Reason: added URL, forgot it

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii View Post
            Thats just awesome . I'm happy about that, better than adding a character nobody knows of and Woolsey has become a good likeable character since his return in S9 of SG1

I look forward to Season 5
            Oh, I'd pay a considerable amount, if I didn't have to wait till September to see Sheppard's face when he learns the facts.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kribby View Post
              I second that eek.

I am not too fond of the his character--
              oh it's not that I don't like Woolsey, I just thought it was a joke but apparently it's not
              sigpic

Comment

I would have preferred Caldwell, but this a good move. I just hope Woolsey is given a backbone this season and there is some conflict between him and The Team, which is sorely lacking in S4.

Comment

Atlantis is soooo screwed with Woolsey in charge!
                  Very well said!!!! Ditto!!
                  1-800-Iluv-JandT
                  sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
                    I would have preferred Caldwell, but this a good move. I just hope Woolsey is given a backbone this season and there is some conflict between him and The Team, which is sorely lacking in S4.
                    yup me too
                    sigpic

Comment

I just hope Woolsey is given a backbone this season and there is some conflict between him and The Team, which is sorely lacking in S4.
                      Or... How 'bout the season ending cliffhanger is good old Todd feeding on Woolsey.
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe he will be a good leader, so give him a chance.

Will Daniel be in more episode?
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Well, thinking it would be Caldwell was a nice dream...But Woolsey was to be expected... I'll give him a chance.
                          May God have mercy on the teams' souls!

Comment

I love Picardo; he's a great actor, and Woolsey has been interesting, but he's also been uneven. If they don't give him backbone as the commander, it's gonna reflect badly on the show. He can't do his panicing as he did in "The Seer." Plus if he doesn't show some compromise, it won't work either. I trust in Picardo to do the best he can with the material, but am wary on what the writers might do.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              Maybe he will be a good leader, so give him a chance.

Will Daniel be in more episode?
                              according to the article
                              Stargate SG-1 star Michael Shanks ("Dr. Daniel Jackson") will appear as a special guest in episodeS as well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X