This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So he did sniff after all...

I've finally had the chance to listen to the audio commentary for Chimera and almost couldn't believe my ears when the director said: "Look, he's sniffing her."
    And indeed, at the beginning of the long elevator scene Jack leans forward and sniffs Sam.

Okay, so it's five years after the original scene that caused our lovely debates but isn't it nice that we've finally got proof?

what? that's the first i've heard of this...damn, i can't see chimera again till tomorrow!!! i'm running to point the shipper thread over here..
    Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
      what? that's the first i've heard of this...damn, i can't see chimera again till tomorrow!!! i'm running to point the shipper thread over here..
      Perhaps someone could do a clip so I don't have to watch Pete again!!!
      Last edited by astronomicalchick; 16 October 2004, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
        I've finally had the chance to listen to the audio commentary for Chimera and almost couldn't believe my ears when the director said: "Look, he's sniffing her."
        And indeed, at the beginning of the long elevator scene Jack leans forward and sniffs Sam.

Okay, so it's five years after the original scene that caused our lovely debates but isn't it nice that we've finally got proof?
        Proof that Sam smells? Or that Jack has no concept of personal space?
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
          Proof that Jack is drawn to Sam's personal space.
          sigpic
          ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
            That's the proof? This is the proof, all of the shippers have been waiting for? This is their holy grail? LOL If you say so...

Ace
            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Thanks Feli. That makes me laugh. I keep telling MC that he did smell Sam's hair originally but I mostly just say it to rib her, I actually didn't really think he sniffed her but given the Chimera incident now I'm not so sure. I have to watch Chimera again now cuz I didn't notice any sniffing in that episode. I can't listen to the commentary until Tuesday which is when the boxset is released over here.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                That's the proof? This is the proof, all of the shippers have been waiting for? This is their holy grail? LOL If you say so...

Ace
                That is the proof pertaining to the statement made and this thread. Just staying on topic.
                sigpic
                ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                  Of course, this raises another question:

What does Sam Carter smell like ?
                  sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                    By sniffing her? Eh, if it floats your boat. But, if any guy ever wants to show attraction to me, word of advice. Sniffing me won't work.
                    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
                      Of course, this raises another question:

What does Sam Carter smell like ?
                      LOL Now that is a good question!

Ace
                      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Sniffing? I don't get it...and that's kinda scary... but if it makes you guys happy, good, I guess?
                        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                          Thanks Feli. That makes me laugh. I keep telling MC that he did smell Sam's hair originally but I mostly just say it to rib her, I actually didn't really think he sniffed her but given the Chimera incident now I'm not so sure. I have to watch Chimera again now cuz I didn't notice any sniffing in that episode. I can't listen to the commentary until Tuesday which is when the boxset is released over here.
                          MC is one of the people I had in mind when I opened this thread, or any of the old regulars who remember the sniffing debates - I doubt anyone could forget them...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                            Sniffing? I don't get it...and that's kinda scary... but if it makes you guys happy, good, I guess?
                            Did he sniff her hair or not has been an ongoing debate among Stargate fans since the season 3 ep Into the Fire. Similar to the old blue vs green discussion on the old delphi forum. Don't take it too seriously, it's just a great way to wind up certain people; which is why I nearly fell of the couch when I heard a 'sniffing' reference on the audio commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                              I think it's kinda wierd, too. Maybe he's got allergies or something...
                              "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                              it has it's own laws and beats about things
                              which the intellect scorns."
                              - Mark Twain -

Comment

Working...
                              X