X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Col. Caldwell wins the superbowl

dear col. caldwell,
    i'd like to personally thank you for your help in the giants winning the superbowl. because the only explaination that i can think of for eli manning escaping a sack in the pocket at the end of the game, was that he was beamed out of there by you and daedelus. i didnt see a transponder on him, so good job all around.
    -sincerely,
    Giants fans of milky way and pegasus
    ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Actually Manning is the last known survivor of the Tollan. He used that handy little device which allows people to walk through solid objects.

Comment

I knew it. The Giants had to cheat to win the Super Bowl. It just isn't possble for them to win on skill. They had to resort to alien technology
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

OMG. I'm going to be laughing about that all day now, thanks.
        sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I knew it. The Giants had to cheat to win the Super Bowl. It just isn't possble for them to win on skill. They had to resort to alien technology
          Yeah, but then what does that say about the Patriots?

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
            OMG. I'm going to be laughing about that all day now, thanks.
            Actually, I haven't quite laughing

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
              Yeah, but then what does that say about the Patriots?
              Every. Football. Team. Spies.

Seriously, the Pats may have been caught, but everyone does it...
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                Every. Football. Team. Spies.

Seriously, the Pats may have been caught, but everyone does it...
                No. They. Don't. What teams are allowed to do is request to have someone film at an one of the endzones in order to provide additional footage for the coaching staff. In the wake of SpyGate, this was no longer allowed by the NFL, and the teams that were involved in this brought an end to this line of activity. It was a perfectly acceptable event, and not considered spying. What the Patriots have done is illegal. Teams are not allowed to film the walkthrough of the other teams, have a cameraman on the sidelines to steal opposing team's signals, etc. All the crap that the media spewed out about 95% of teams spying is ridiculous, and the coaches were upset at this for a reason; it isn't true. Add to this how completely classless the organization is, it's a wonder the team hasn't been executed by the league yet. The Patriots have asterisks chalked up to their three Super Bowl wins for a reason, you know.

Comment

No. They. Don't. What teams are allowed to do is request to have someone film at an one of the endzones in order to provide additional footage for the coaching staff. In the wake of SpyGate, this was no longer allowed by the NFL, and the teams that were involved in this brought an end to this line of activity. It was a perfectly acceptable event, and not considered spying. What the Patriots have done is illegal. Teams are not allowed to film the walkthrough of the other teams, have a cameraman on the sidelines to steal opposing team's signals, etc. All the crap that the media spewed out about 95% of teams spying is ridiculous, and the coaches were upset at this for a reason; it isn't true. Add to this how completely classless the organization is, it's a wonder the team hasn't been executed by the league yet. The Patriots have asterisks chalked up to their three Super Bowl wins for a reason, you know.
                  Okay, that was funny... "It's illegal, no one does it..."

Since when do humans obey all the laws, especially when they gain something by breaking them? Just because it's not allowed doesn't mean people don't do it, and coaches are always looking for new ways to bend existing rules to better their team

And regardless, hasn't the fact that even after being caught they still continued to destroy everyone in their path proven that there's more to their wins than that?
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Okay, that was funny... "It's illegal, no one does it..."

Since when do humans obey all the laws, especially when they gain something by breaking them? Just because it's not allowed doesn't mean people don't do it, and coaches are always looking for new ways to bend existing rules to better their team
                    And there is a way to bend that rule to completely avoid it. Apparently the Patriots weren't smart enough for it. It is illegal to film the signals of the opposing team; it is perfectly acceptable to have someone read lips, or have someone dedicated (without the camera, of course) try to find the common theme in them. The actuality of filming is not allowed, and that is exactly what the Patriots did. Illegal. As for the walkthrough, that's even worse. The walkthrough is where the other team goes through the plays that they will likely run in the game in slow motion, without pads. If you have that, you have the gameplan of the other team. Again, illegal. There is no way to bend this one that I know, considering the 'enemy' isn't supposed to be at these. And yet the Patriots were.

The media was making excuses for the Patriots, simple as that. They happen to be all over Brady and company, and P. Manning and the Colts. That's all that seems to exist for them. Especially at ESPN; should just call that the Eastern Sports Propaganda Network.

Originally posted by s09119
                    And regardless, hasn't the fact that even after being caught they still continued to destroy everyone in their path proven that there's more to their wins than that?
                    It's actually interesting that you mention that considering the amount of calls that tend to go the way of both the Colts and Patriots. Typically, if you happen to be an East Coast team that has a history of being successful in recent years, you either don't get much called on you, or you tend to escape some questionable calls. The Patriots have a had a few that determined the course of their games (notable instances were against the Ravens, Eagles, Giants the first time 'round, and against the Chargers the second time 'round). Interestingly enough, they only dominated opponents through the first half of the season; they started to sputter out, and in a fairly called game, lost. Coincidence? Perhaps, perhaps not. All I know is, having an undefeated team play in the Super Bowl, win or lose, would really jack up ratings.

But, what do I know? I'm only a football fanatic that had to watch his team lose.

Comment

The media was making excuses for the Patriots, simple as that. They happen to be all over Brady and company, and P. Manning and the Colts. That's all that seems to exist for them. Especially at ESPN; should just call that the Eastern Sports Propaganda Network.

It's actually interesting that you mention that considering the amount of calls that tend to go the way of both the Colts and Patriots. Typically, if you happen to be an East Coast team that has a history of being successful in recent years, you either don't get much called on you, or you tend to escape some questionable calls. The Patriots have a had a few that determined the course of their games (notable instances were against the Ravens, Eagles, Giants the first time 'round, and against the Chargers the second time 'round). Interestingly enough, they only dominated opponents through the first half of the season; they started to sputter out, and in a fairly called game, lost. Coincidence? Perhaps, perhaps not. All I know is, having an undefeated team play in the Super Bowl, win or lose, would really jack up ratings.

But, what do I know? I'm only a football fanatic that had to watch his team lose.
                      I swear, those s are mocking me...

And in the Superbowl there were several calls that were clearly biased against the Patriots; things that you could see even in normal time (not slow-mo) and that were downright glaring in the slow-motion sequences. So I wouldn't say that they were being "helped along" all this time.

Comment

I swear, those s are mocking me...
                        Oh. Did it seem that way? I'm sorry.

And in the Superbowl there were several calls that were clearly biased against the Patriots; things that you could see even in normal time (not slow-mo) and that were downright glaring in the slow-motion sequences. So I wouldn't say that they were being "helped along" all this time.
                        Yes, there were missed calls against both sides, but enough to offset. I believe Mike Carey was the ref for this game; he's probably one of the best, if not the best, and doesn't seem to get caught up in all the hype. Trust me when I say, there have been some pretty sickening calls in favor of the Patriots that have cost the other team the game. Yes, the Patriots have been helped along. The Super Bowl is a national stage; you'd have to be stupid to be biased as a ref here. If nothing else, the Patriots lost because of karma, and the inferior-ness of the NFC.

The Patriots and Colts have both received an insane amount of help this season -- not that it helped the Colts in every game, but the point is the same. Change a few of those calls/decisions/whatever and you'd have probably a 14-2 New England that might not have even made the Super Bowl. The Colts would have probably lost another game or so, as well. I could go into specific calls and such, but I wouldn't want to bore you.

Besides, I have to grab some dinner. This Patriot cheating talk has made me hungry.

Comment

Besides, I have to grab some dinner. This Patriot cheating talk has made me hungry.
                          Just to get it outta my system:

Okay, done...

Anywho, obviously we both have different viewpoints on this subject and I doubt either one of us can convince the other. Where do you live, anyway?

Comment

Anywho, obviously we both have different viewpoints on this subject and I doubt either one of us can convince the other.
                            Stubborn, aren't you?

No, I can accept that someone else has a different viewpoint, even if I don't agree with it myself. So let us agree to disagree, shall we?

Where do you live, anyway?
                            Florida ... as in nowhere near San Diego.

Comment

Stubborn, aren't you?
                              You should go talk to my junior year English teacher... she wanted to kill me by the end of the year. She could never get me to actually write the essay she wanted but they were always so good she had no choice but to give me As

Comment

Working...
                              X