Serenity: Complete - April 08 - London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serenity: Complete - April 08 - London

So is anyone going to this? I'm strongly considering going. It's on the 11th-13th of April 2008 at the Thistle Hotel, Heathrow.

Guests include:

Alan Tudyk (Wash)
    Summer Glau (River)
    Adam Baldwin (Jayne)
    Mark Sheppard (Badger)

Plus: Jamie Bamber (Apollo) and Nicki Clyne (Cally) from Battlestar Galactica and William Morgan Sheppard who was in Babylon 5 and the recent Transformers movie.

The link for the con is here.

Please note, the Thistle Hotel for that weekend is now FULLY BOOKED.

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
    So is anyone going to this? I'm strongly considering going. It's on the 11th-13th of April 2008 at the Thistle Hotel, Heathrow.

Guests include:

Alan Tudyk (Wash)
    Summer Glau (River)
    Adam Baldwin (Jayne)
    Mark Sheppard (Badger)

Plus: Jamie Bamber (Apollo) and Nicki Clyne (Cally) from Battlestar Galactica and William Morgan Sheppard who was in Babylon 5 and the recent Transformers movie.

The link for the con is here.

Please note, the Thistle Hotel for that weekend is now FULLY BOOKED.

Looks pretty good, i could never afford to go to something like that, 78 for the ticket then a hotel in london.......way to expensive for me, shame there is never anything like that in my neck of the woods in cumbria!!
    sigpic

Comment

Oh, how I wish i could go

Comment

I can't afford it either
        I just spent £400 at Pegasus 3 in the same hotel. But it's the last Firefly con run by Starfury apparently so I just *have* to go.

Comment

I can't afford it either
          I just spent £400 at Pegasus 3 in the same hotel. But it's the last Firefly con run by Starfury apparently so I just *have* to go.
          i take it you live near london, it would cost me a fortune just to travell to something like that.................its not fair, do you go to many conventions.
          sigpic

Comment

Why is this the last Serenity/Firefly con?

NOOOOOO! This means I'll NEVER get to one

stupid finals!

*cries*
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by rockerlad View Post
              i take it you live near london, it would cost me a fortune just to travell to something like that.................its not fair, do you go to many conventions.
              Actually, I live in Edinburgh I fly from Edinburgh to Heathrow, the hotel is a 5 minute bus ride from Terminal 1.

Pegasus 3 last month was my first proper convention. And yes, it cost me a fortune. But it was worth every penny

Comment

Thanks for telling us firefly827347. I would have had no idea this was on otherwise
                I have the option of either staying Friday or Saturday night. Which night to you think is the best?
                "You don't know half of it".
                Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

I'd recommend Saturday. The con stuff generally takes place on Saturday and Sunday. There's a party on Saturday night. The only thing on the Friday is usually the meet and greet.

I can't believe I knew about a con before other people I'm usually the last to know! They should have advertised it more.

Comment

Actually, I live in Edinburgh I fly from Edinburgh to Heathrow, the hotel is a 5 minute bus ride from Terminal 1.

Pegasus 3 last month was my first proper convention. And yes, it cost me a fortune. But it was worth every penny
                    Wow, how the hell do you get to all these conventions. What actually go's on at these conventions then would really love to go.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd recommend Saturday. The con stuff generally takes place on Saturday and Sunday. There's a party on Saturday night. The only thing on the Friday is usually the meet and greet.
                      I'm really interested in the meet and greet so I'll probably have to miss the party . Unless anybody wants to room-share?
                      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by rockerlad View Post
                        Wow, how the hell do you get to all these conventions. What actually go's on at these conventions then would really love to go.
                        I've only been to one!

Basically, on Friday nights there is usually a meet and greet thing for those with tickets of certain numbers. Groups of people sit at tables and actors come around one by one to chat for about 10 minutes.

Saturday and Sunday is taken up with talks by the actors where they stand on stage and tell stories about their work and answer questions. Also during both days are photo ops, where you pay to have a professional photo taken with whichever of the actors you want. At Pegasus 3 the actors also signed the pictures before I went and collected them.

As well as that, in the afternoons usually the actors all get together in teh same room and sign autographs. I had to pay for these at P3 too (one was free but if you want a photo signed you pay extra) and you get a quick chat with them etc. There are usually parties in the evenings which are really fun.

If you want to find out more, try googling fan reports from past conventions

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                          I'm really interested in the meet and greet so I'll probably have to miss the party . Unless anybody wants to room-share?
                          I don't know if there is a meet and greet this year. And you only get to go if you have a ticket below a certain number, and I haven't even booked yet. I highly doubt there will be meet and greet tickets left...

Comment

I don't know if there is a meet and greet this year. And you only get to go if you have a ticket below a certain number, and I haven't even booked yet. I highly doubt there will be meet and greet tickets left...
                            You're probably right. There are rooms available for Friday night but not Saturday night I haven't booked yet either.

Comment

There should be rooms available in the Sheraton over the road. It's literally a two to three minute walk away. I should know, I had to walk there when the cash machine at the Thistle broke. The only working one was at the Sheraton

Comment

Working...
                              X