Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 5 News Articles (may contain spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 5 News Articles (may contain spoilers)

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2008/02/...ays-cuts-back/

February 3rd 2008

excerpt:

There will be an addition to the Atlantis SG Team named Captain Alison Parker. She is military, tough and ready for action, but frustrated over Colonel Carter’s slowness in making her a permanent part of the team. That will change quickly after the first episode.

One of sci-fi fans favorite actresses, Kari Wuhrer (”Sliders”) appeared in Season 4 in the episode “Outcast” (air date Feb. 1, 2008) as Homeland Security agent Nancy Sheppard (Lt. Col. John Sheppard’s ex-wife). It has been rumored that she may be back for a few episodes next season as well.

Michael, everybody’s favorite Wraith (Connor Trinnear of “Star Trek: Enterprise”), will have a very significant storyline in Season 5, as well as more concentration of Ronon’s (Jason Moma) untold story. The show will also get to see a lot more from recurring characters like Major Evan Lorne (Kavan Smith) and Dr. Katie Brown (Brenda James), Rodney McKay’s (David Hewlett) love interest.

The Season 4 finale titled “The Last Man” is scheduled to air on March 7, 2008. The first episode for Season 5, written by Martin Gero, is called “Search and Rescue” and should start shooting in just a couple of weeks. The SCI FI Channel has yet to announce the official start date for Season 5.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

meh
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2008/02/...ays-cuts-back/

February 3rd 2008

excerpt:

There will be an addition to the Atlantis SG Team named Captain Alison Parker. She is military, tough and ready for action, but frustrated over Colonel Carter’s slowness in making her a permanent part of the team. That will change quickly after the first episode.

One of sci-fi fans favorite actresses, Kari Wuhrer (”Sliders”) appeared in Season 4 in the episode “Outcast” (air date Feb. 1, 2008) as Homeland Security agent Nancy Sheppard (Lt. Col. John Sheppard’s ex-wife). It has been rumored that she may be back for a few episodes next season as well.

Michael, everybody’s favorite Wraith (Connor Trinnear of “Star Trek: Enterprise”), will have a very significant storyline in Season 5, as well as more concentration of Ronon’s (Jason Moma) untold story. The show will also get to see a lot more from recurring characters like Major Evan Lorne (Kavan Smith) and Dr. Katie Brown (Brenda James), Rodney McKay’s (David Hewlett) love interest.

The Season 4 finale titled “The Last Man” is scheduled to air on March 7, 2008. The first episode for Season 5, written by Martin Gero, is called “Search and Rescue” and should start shooting in just a couple of weeks. The SCI FI Channel has yet to announce the official start date for Season 5.

REST AT LINK ABOVE
      With the bit about Teyla, I'd say that pretty much confirms that Alison Porter/Parker takes her position in the team for the first half, before Rachel returns full-time in the back half, and then it may be a five 'man' team. "tough and ready for action". Good

I'm happy that Michael is going to have a significant arc, I guessed it from the fact that he is in The Kindred, TLM and S&R.

I was VERY suprised to see that they want Brenda James back for some more eps, I thought that had been put to bed!

Comment

Nothing we don't already know. I kind of figured Teyla/Rachel was going to take it easy in the beginning of Season 5, because of the baby. Can't blame TPTB on that one. Damn Rachel for having a baby and starting a family.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          Nothing we don't already know.
          Didn't know Shep's wife was being lined up to return for more eps, or that Brenda James is still part of the show, or that Alison is joining Shep's team.

That is, of course, if the article is actually right.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
            Didn't know Shep's wife was being lined up to return for more eps, or that Brenda James is still part of the show, or that Alison is joining Shep's team.

That is, of course, if the article is actually right.
            the press is so... even the New York Times screws up these days, and since this isn't earth-shattering news, who knows. But, figured a thread to compile all season five news will cut down on the clutter of folks making a thread for every single article.

Comment

Yeah...there are a lot of "rumor has it..." stuff in that article.

Still, I like what I'm seeing. More Michael + Ronon stories + Nancy's return = happiness for me!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                Yeah...there are a lot of "rumor has it..." stuff in that article.

Still, I like what I'm seeing. More Michael + Ronon stories + Nancy's return = happiness for me!
                I feel the same. I won't mind if Carter and Teyla became only recurring stars and Alison Porter will be a new regular.

But the most important is next to the cast changes, that they have to write better and bigger stories for season 5. I would like to not feel again that they wasted screen time for stupid or weak stand alones again.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I want no new characters

Except maybe Shep's ex...I liked her
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                    I want no new characters

Except maybe Shep's ex...I liked her
                    She didn't do much for me; maybe cuz Kari W never did much for me when she was on Sliders... but I hope if Michael is brought back, it's done sparingly, only becuase I really don't a villain/nemesis of the week. Unless of course they finally kill him (and hopefully, not like they weakly dispatched Kolya in the-episode-that-shall-not-be-named)

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      But, figured a thread to compile all season five news will cut down on the clutter of folks making a thread for every single article.
                      Yep, good idea.

Comment

Might as well just add this one (relevant portion bolded)

http://nbcumv.com/scifi/release_deta...nnelfinds.html

SCI FI CHANNEL FINDS 'SANCTUARY'
                        Published: January 31, 2008

Orders Full Season of New Live- Action/CGI Scripted Drama

NEW YORK -- January 31, 2008 -- The SCI FI Channel has ordered a full 13-episode season of the new original, scripted drama series Sanctuary, it was announced today by Mark Stern, Executive Vice President of Original Programming. Sanctuary is the first television series using live-action actors against mostly virtual sets and makes the leap to television from the Internet where it began as the World's first high-definition sci-fi Web series.

In the one-hour drama, Amanda Tapping (Stargate's Lt. Col. Samantha Carter) stars as the enigmatic Dr. Helen Magnus who, along with her young protégé, Will Zimmerman, played by Robin Dunne (Dawson's Creek, Species 3), are on a quest to track down, aid and protect all manner of strange creatures that walk the earth. The show's sets are 90% CGI and shot in the same cutting-edge style as the feature films 300 and Sin City. Sanctuary creator, Damian Kindler (Stargate SG-1) and producer/director Martin Wood (Stargate Atlantis) are Executive Producers. Tapping and Sam Egan (Jeremiah, The Outer Limits, Masters of Science Fiction) also serve as Executive Producers. In addition to her producing and starring turns on Sanctuary, Amanda Tapping will also make guest appearances on several episodes of SCI FI Channel's Stargate Atlantis during its 5th season.

"'Sanctuary' promises to be a totally fresh television viewing experience," said Stern. "This stylistic approach to 'virtual sets' has proven hugely popular on the big screen, and we have been looking for a chance to use it on a television series. We've worked with Damian, Martin, Amanda, and Sam on numerous projects in the past, and think they are the perfect team to tackle something this ambitious."

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                          I was VERY suprised to see that they want Brenda James back for some more eps, I thought that had been put to bed!
                          Huh, that's interesting. I thought that storyline was gone, too. But given what Mallozzi said they wanted to do with Rodney and Katie for season 4,
                          Spoiler:
                          that the two of them were going to have a baby, only Rachel beat them to it,
                          I can see TPTB trying to have that happen in season 5.

Maybe Katie will get some pointers from the team on how to handle Rodney, because she sure didn't know what to do in "Quarantine."

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                            Huh, that's interesting. I thought that storyline was gone, too. But given what Mallozzi said they wanted to do with Rodney and Katie for season 4,
                            Spoiler:
                            that the two of them were going to have a baby, only Rachel beat them to it,
                            I can see TPTB trying to have that happen in season 5.

Maybe Katie will get some pointers from the team on how to handle Rodney, because she sure didn't know what to do in "Quarantine."
                            Spoiler:
                            Rodney having sex he's too nervous to even talk to Katie
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Katie was an annoying character, so I hope she won't return. Sorry shippers.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X