This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I wrote a book!!

Well, fellow Gate fans. I'm happy to say that a story I wrote (book? novel?) made it to the semi-finals of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award. Sorry, it's not a Stargate novel, or even SciFi--it's a dreaded romance. If you'd like to read my entry and leave a review, I'd be grateful for any POSITIVE comments. You have to have an account at Amazon in order to vote.

This is the homepage for the contest:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?...0911011&page=1
    (sorry if the link doesn't work; if not, just search Amazon for Breakthrough Novel.) Once at that page, click on the link for Romance. My entry is called "The Sometime Celebrity"... might be on Page 3. Be warned: it's kinda cheesy, and not perfect, and the entry ends in the middle of a sentence (they cut it right at 5000 words).

But if you can give me a positive, favorable review (even if you have to tell a fib!), I'd really appreciate it. This is a great opportunity for me, and an even bigger thrill to get to the semi-finals of the contest. I'm psyched!!

good....*hides the fact that she hasn't even read it, nor will she (eeeeewwwwwww! Romance! *vomits*)*

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
      good....*hides the fact that she hasn't even read it, nor will she (eeeeewwwwwww! Romance! *vomits*)*
      Ah, I understand. But I'm a romantic at heart. A very cynical romantic (or is that a romantic cynic?), but a romantic nonetheless.

BUT-- let me make it very clear that I am NOT a shipper!! I don't want to know about characters' romantic lives, much less do I want to see it. I find romance in good, exciting action and heroic deeds--hence my love of Stargate. If I want to see two characters have a relationship, I'll watch *gag!* Grey's Anatomy. (Note: I do not now nor have I ever watched Grey's, ER, Desperate Housewives, or any of those shows. I like my romance to be indulged in secret, when I'm at home alone curled up in a chair, where nobody can see what I read/write. )

Comment

I'm thinking about writing a science fiction novel....how difficult was it to find a regular publisher?

Comment

Working...
        X