Thread: missing

Chief Master Sergeant lacka1986's Avatar

Sheppard missing

Anyone know why the past two episodes have not had the FULL main cast? in Harmony it was ONLY Sheppard and McKay and this week it was Sheppard and Ronon, with a little Carter. What is going on?
    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l..._sig_john2.jpg
    "Yes Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry!" ~Sheppard
    (one of my favourite lines)

Default Re: missing

Quote Originally Posted by lacka1986 View Post
    Anyone know why the past two episodes have not had the FULL main cast? in Harmony it was ONLY Sheppard and McKay and this week it was Sheppard and Ronon, with a little Carter. What is going on?
    Trio will focus on Carter, Keller and McKay

I dunno really. Was RL quite late on in her pregnancy when they made these eps?
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

First Lieutenant

Think they wanted some episodes to just focus on some each of the main characters.
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Chief Master Sergeant lacka1986's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Think they wanted some episodes to just focus on some each of the main characters.
    I understand, but why remove the others completely, they can still be in it!
    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l..._sig_john2.jpg
    "Yes Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry!" ~Sheppard
    (one of my favourite lines)

This has always been a problem with SGA, IMHO.
    The other thing that was missing was Agent Barrett. He was involved with the Wallace case- now where is he?

I miss my Malcolm.

General

Teyla was in neither Harmony nor Outcast because these two episodes were filmed at the end of the season, along with The Last Man, and by that time Rachel would've already gone into maternity leave.

Ronon wasn't in Harmony because he has a lot to do in Midway, and as said above, Trio is McKay heavy + Carter heavy.

There's always an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by PG15 View Post
    Teyla was in neither Harmony nor Outcast because these two episodes were filmed at the end of the season, along with The Last Man, and by that time Rachel would've already gone into maternity leave.

Ronon wasn't in Harmony because he has a lot to do in Midway, and as said above, Trio is McKay heavy + Carter heavy.

There's always an explanation.
    JM also mentioned on his blog that Jason's girlfriend was about to give birth when Harmony was being filmed so he might have had to dash off at any moment.

Remember they weren't just filming around Rachel's pregnancy but David and Jason's impending fatherhood too.

First Lieutenant

TPTB have a limited budget and limited time for a show in general. If it doesn't add to the story at hand, there's little point in adding in unneeded characters. Plus for a non-regular character like Sam, you would have to go through all the negotiations and BS just for a few minutes of footage. It's just not worth it.

I thought people would be happy TPTB said why Mckay wasn't coming, but I guess not...

And let's face it, if they were in there for just a few moments, a bunch of fans would've complained that PTB were doing fan service to stop them complaining about their favourite characters not being in the episode, then they would promptly start complaining about their favourite characters not being in the episode.

In the multifandom region of subspace...shiny!

Harmony
    -Rachel was heavily pregnant
    -Jason's girlfriend was due any day

Outcast

-Rachel was heavily pregnant
    -David's fiance was heavily pregnant

Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

General

Geez, what are they putting in the waters there? Sounds like everyone had a...good time 9 months before this.

In the multifandom region of subspace...shiny!

Yup!

JF and his wife had their third son
    Then JM and KS both became dads
    Then DH and Jane had their baby
    Then RL had her baby!

I think that was the 3rd Stargate baby boom!

(First one being SG1 S2, then being between S7 and S8)

Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

I liked how it was just Sheppard and Ronon, It allowed them more interactions and screentime than they would have if the whole team was there, otherwise you have to show where all the characters are and give them all lines.
    It also allowed the supporting cast a chance to shine, Like DR Lee would not have been as good if Mckay was there, Also Bates got some good screentime aswell.

In Harmony it was a Sheppard and Mckay based episode, and was great as it allowed just them two to shine, if Ronon and Teyla where there, It may have been brokern up.

In the Next Ep we will get to see Sam and Keller more and how Mckay will act with two hot woman. Missing was also great because we got to see alot of both Keller and Teyla without the others stepping on their lines.

Do you see my point? Having them in small groups means more screentime for them and more development, them when we see them as a team in full again, we can take all that indivisual development and see how it mixes with the groups development.

Fianlly in "Outcast" Mckay was on the Kids planet (they love that planet), and Teyla was out buying baby cloths.
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Somehow I more picture her tracking, trapping, killing, skinning, eating then tanning the hide of some poor creature for her maternity wear.
    But I'm strange.
    Again, I SO hope she was just being nice to someone by wearing that hideous maternity dress from Quarantine.

As for Trio, sounds more like Third Wheel. Duo I'd love to watch. Dr. Firefly might just get in the way of the Rodney/Sam love. Although that might be a good thing. For Rodney.

Whatever the practical, cast-related reasons, I kind of like the buddy episodes where we get to focus on a particular pair of characters. Gives the writers an opportunity to explore the relationship between them (whether or not they actually take it - ahem). I'd like to see a few more, ideally with some of the less used characters. I guess we'll get something similar again with Trio.
    'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.' - Nietzsche
    'Real-time genetic mutation. More than human! The next step in our evolution as a species!.' - Lord Kane
    'I don't want to be a *god*. I just want to bring fire to the people - and I want my cut.' - Lex Luthor
    'What one has, one ought to use, and whatever he does he should do with all his might.' - Cicero

Thinking back to previous seasons, isn't Joe and David the only ones to be in all the episodes of Atlantis. I know David had a small sceen in Outcast, but he was still in it. And from pics Joe is in Midway and Trio, if only for a small time.
    there’s a decent living to be made in the selling out of ideals--Darren Hayes

What your contract wants, your contract gets.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by MechaThor View Post
    I liked how it was just Sheppard and Ronon, It allowed them more interactions and screentime than they would have if the whole team was there, otherwise you have to show where all the characters are and give them all lines.
    It also allowed the supporting cast a chance to shine, Like DR Lee would not have been as good if Mckay was there, Also Bates got some good screentime aswell.

In Harmony it was a Sheppard and Mckay based episode, and was great as it allowed just them two to shine, if Ronon and Teyla where there, It may have been brokern up.

In the Next Ep we will get to see Sam and Keller more and how Mckay will act with two hot woman. Missing was also great because we got to see alot of both Keller and Teyla without the others stepping on their lines.

Do you see my point? Having them in small groups means more screentime for them and more development, them when we see them as a team in full again, we can take all that indivisual development and see how it mixes with the groups development.

Fianlly in "Outcast" Mckay was on the Kids planet (they love that planet), and Teyla was out buying baby cloths.
    Exactly, episodes with only partial casts are sometimes great for fleshing out the secondary characters.

A perfect example of this would be Zero Hour. The main cast was only on for a few minutes, the rest was all RDA and essentially every secondary character in SG-1, Reynolds, Lee, Walter, Sile, Davis.
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.